“Not what it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed CG back when it opened. However, now I feel its gone severely downhill. The atmosphere is good and the drinks are good, but the food is weak, really subpar. My understanding is that there has been a management change. It appears that the food costs are the focus without anyone there to ensure that the food is top notch, much the less acceptable. And its not cheap food. Poor value. Go next door to Southside Plaza Cafe. They are consistently good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, music not too loud and the food is amazing. You have to try the green chili Mac and cheese!
Great value and service, highly recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to the Capitol Grill for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was varied, the prices good and the food was great. I had the fish tacos and substituted sautéed spinach for the rice. Both were outstanding. I want to try their reuben sandwich, the grilled fish, the mushroom/swiss burger on my next visits. There were six in our party (including one child) and everyone found something that they liked. We went for lunch but would like to go for the happy hour, also. I will DEFINITELY go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Capitol Grill based on reviews here on TA and was not disappointed. I travel every week and it can be a struggle to find good places to eat. But this one place where I will be a return customer. The service was a little slow when I first arrived, but when the other bartender arrived it was fine. The menu had good variety and the beer/wine selection was adequate. I had the Ahi Tuna appetizer which was good. It was served over a bed of fried spinach..yes, fried spinach, which was really good. I had the seared scallops for my entree. I was not disappointed. Really fresh and done to perfection. The side was Isreali couscous with dried cranberries and these complemented well. I had the Butter Cake for dessert-you could smell the butter when they sat it down in front of me-Very Good. Like I said, I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good food, above-average prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The value for the money really isn't there, especially in Santa Fe where you can find much better prices elsewhere. The food has always been good when we've eaten here, and we've done so several times. The manager went WAY out of his way once to help find our credit card which had gotten left in the bill folder the night before. Still, there's nothing so amazingly special here that you can't enjoy somewhere else in Santa Fe for less.

Visited November 2012