“worst stay ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trailer Ranch RV Resort

Trailer Ranch RV Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Fe
Trailer Ranch RV Resort
Save Saved
You added Trailer Ranch RV Resort to your Saves list
3471 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #43 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
“worst stay ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Couple own, female very unprofessional and saw her yelling at customer out in public. Small, dirty showers. half of washers 'out of order' and the others has odd odor to them. Very short wash cycle. Expensive for what you get. Very small sites and right next to sites on each side of you. Next to noisy main street traffic. Has a trailer home section, and people walk dogs without cleaning after their dogs - so, watch your step. Owners have strict rules and we felt like we were treated like deliquents instead of valued customers. Very pricey for what you get

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Just finish a stay at the Trailer Ranch in Santa Fe. My husband & I normally stay in State or National Parks but the reviews up & around the Santa Fe area were not very good. After reading other reviews we decided on the Trailer Ranch which was a great choice for us. Our first contact was with Joanie at the front desk. She was super nice and made the check in very pleasant. After giving me tips on the Santa Fe area & a couple good restaurants; she walked us to our site and directed us in. The Park was very nice & well kept. We did not have our dogs with us but saw other people with theirs walking them around. I never saw any problems with poop or people not picking up after their pets. I did not go into the bathrooms so I can't comment on that. Otherwise, Trailer Ranch had such feel about the place and it's right near Old Town, and the bus did stop right out front. We felt safe and felt safe leaving the RV while exploring Santa Fe and the surrounding area. We would defiantly stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is not a resort. It is a 55 plus trailer park with a few RV spots in the front section. Back-in gravel sites with some cement pads, just barely fit if you are a big rig and if you are over 40 feet you will stick out. The street is very wide so it is easy in and out but very little privacy. Great WiFi and local TV without using cable. Bus stop in front that takes you to town for one dollar round trip, lots of restaurants nearby, road noise was not noticeable and I'm a very lite sleeper. There are lots of mobile homes in the back area and some long term in the front section. There are older very tiny showers and older washers but all is clean. Location is the only reason we stayed here but the price is not discounted for the lack of updated facilities. Staff is friendly and helpful but the gentleman that backed me up should have let my husband direct me as I'm used to my husbands directions and I was uncomfortable taking directions from a person I did not know.

Room Tip: Sites just past the office and to the right will fit larger RV's and noise level is low.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The owners should be ashamed and embrassed calling this RV park a resort. It was nothing but a gravel parking lot. Our awning could not be put out because it would have hit the motorhome parked next to us. Chairs could not be put out also because of the large rock gravel all over the parking area. The community center was a joke, bathrooms had an odor. This was the last leg of a 1,600 mile trip and the only rv park we were disappointed with. Next time, I will do more research.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one week in this place, but only b/c we had prepaid and they don't do refunds of any sort. Too close to the highway, lots of noise from very busy Cerrillos Rd. The bathrooms were clean at all times (probably b/c there are no kids anywhere around!) However, it appears they tried to cram too many stalls & showers into the bathrooms: sitting in the toilet, my knees basically touched the door and to exit the toilet, I had to step around the toilet, then open the door!! The shower stalls were appallingly small and it was impossible to get dressed/undressed without banging your elbows, arms, legs constantly! There was no ventilation in the bathrooms except for what air came in through the open windows. We are extremely undemanding visitors and really only use our trailer as a bedroom on wheels, meaning that we usually leave early in the day and return late, preferring to spend our time sightseeing. Which means that the ONLY thing important to us is the bathrooms and if those aren't acceptable, the entire place is unacceptable. We selected this place because of the in-town location, but it is much too close to the road and the noise. The price was incredibly high, given the amenities or lack thereof: the pool was only open for 1-2 days while we were there and that was in JULY! The sites were very close together and, as another reviewer stated, it is basically a parking lot; there is no privacy whatsoever. Also, the info provided by another reviewer re the "dog park" is absolutely correct: it is nothing but a dirt/dust area.

We will return to this area again, probably within the next year. We will NOT be returning to this property, given the above issues and the incredibly high price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay for six days at Trailer Ranch. Very organized and clean. There are few spaces but all nice. Not huge lots but decent and plenty of room for car and some outdoor privacy. The laundry room is $1.50 for both washer and dryer. There is a nice pool for laps. Not really for kids as it is attached to a more permanent 55+ community and therefore has lots of rules. Staff knows the area well and will help with any questions. Lots of nice trees that add beauty not frustrating scratches. They offer a 7th night free if you have the time to stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is an expensive park and, for that expense, there are absolutely no frills. It's basically a glorified parking lot.

The staff is by far the most unfriendly we have experienced in our 8 straight months on the road. It's as if they are doing visitors a favor by letting people stay there for $45 per night!

They mention a big dog park on their website (not to mention a lower price than they charged us) but it doesn't even have grass. It's a big area of dirt.

I don't know what else is in this area, but I give this park 2 thumbs down. I'd prefer a Walmart parking lot.

Signed: Unhappy Camper

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Trailer Ranch RV Resort? Share your experiences!