Casa Nova: Stunning adobe home and guest house

Saved Save
You added Casa Nova: Stunning adobe home and guest house to your Saves list.
Casa Nova after a welcome July rain
Backyard view to the mountains
Outdoor dining and gas grill on portal
Entry to the main house is around the back
Living and dining rooms from front entryway
Santa Fe
Rental Home –
5 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Traveling...
Fort Worth, Texas
“FANTASTIC CASA AND CASITA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

I stayed in the casita only during August 2012. It was WONDERFUL! This 2 bedroom property was amazing. My view out the master bedroom (from bed) was of a vast plain and mountains in the background. I was able to watch birds, rabbits & other vermin while I sat on my back patio and drank coffee. I hosted friends over and ate dinner outside on the front patio while we grilled steaks and enjoyed the wonderful weather. (coming from TX, it is unheard of to eat outside during August!) The landscaping around the property is gorgeous. Inside the casita, the kitchen is fabulous with enough dishes and glassware to host an army! I appreciated the coffee and all of the nice little extras included in the kitchen. My linens were top rate and I loved wearing my Casa Nova robe around during the morning bird watching. The place was spotless and easy to rent.
Finally, it was easy to walk to the square OR to Canyon road area using the "cut through". I hardly used my rental car while I was there. Basically, the house was so comfortable and beautifully decorated that I hated to leave! It was perfect for relaxing and reading (although I admit that I did enjoy watching the Olympics on the big flat screen TV).
I can't wait to go back an rent during the winter to use those fireplaces.....
All in all, its a first class choice. (the big house which I toured was absoutely stunning too!)

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: clean, open spaces, great decor, fabulous landscaping, outdoor views spectacular
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Interested in this property?
l0ridavid
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Beautiful Casita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

We stayed in the Casita, which was beautiful, private and comfortable. The bed was great, the kitchen well equipped and the living area comfortable. The casita had a front and back outdoor space, both very private. The open land behind the casita makes it feel like you are in the country. The location is walkable to the plaza if you are used to walking a mile. For us it was fine, but with the altitude change, it could be a challenge for some. To get to the bathroom, you have to go through a second bedroom. THis could be awkward for 2 couples sharing the casita and even for some families.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The location and privacy
Liked least: the lay out of the second bedroom
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Dec 13, 2011
Dear MA,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I think you've described the Casita perfectly. Did you find the short cut to Canyon Road? You turn right at the end of our street and cross a foot bridge that leads a short distance to Garcia street. Canyon road is only two short blocks away on your left. Our family did the Christmas eve walk from the bottom of Canyon Road to Geronimo's restaurant. Total time round-trip from the house walking slowly in the snow was a bit more than 1 hour. Last summer my parents (late 70's) walked down to the Plaza, but asked us to pick them up after they spent some time shopping and had lunch...the 7000' altitude makes a big difference.

Thank you very much for talking the time to write a review.

The Griffith family.
Interested in this property?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$412
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Scott Wong
(505) 660-5080
Speaks English
Listed since : Sep 2011
Response Rate: 80 %
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing
;