“Visiting the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jackalope

Jackalope
2820 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507 (Downtown)
(505) 471-8539
Kansas City, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
“Visiting the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This huge multiple vendor shopping area is AMAZING for walkers. We seen pottery, farm animals, tin art, glass art.......simply wonderful. Prices are of all ranges and all nationalities and religion.

Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“Way too much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place, on Cerillos was a blast! They carried everything from New Mexico and Old Mexico, plant pots (hundreds), jewelry, rocks (more about that later), beads, dried chili strands, metalwork, ceramics (some Talavera), dolls, clothes, glass work, etc. And for the little kids (or the kid in us!), a prairie dog enclosure. While I was watching, two of them had a spat and tumble, barked and scooted back inside the mound. I could've watched them for hours!

I make jewelry, so wherever I go, I look for beads or cabachons to make into finished jewelry. I found a booth there with rocks galore and enough Laramar and Turquoise to satisfy anyone. I found some gem silica there, including one piece that had some onyx, amethyst and cuprite in it. The other piece of gem silica hadn't been cabbed yet and the vendor cabbed and polished it for me while I waited. It's going to make a beautiful pendant!

Great place to spend a few hours! While I'm saying here it's good for families with young children, it's also great for teens and friends. There's a lot of breakable stuff here, so children's hands in pockets!

Visited May 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
12 attraction reviews
“Fun place, fun finds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Six "okie" women on a girls trip and only one that hates to shop.....she was the only one that didn't buy something! We shopped the Plaza and Flea markets and bought something everywhere we went but this was a surprise. If we had had room in the van for our drive home I for sure would have bought some pottery for my patio....really good prices! I bought some fun jewelry and patio accessories that were really inexpensive. A nice little stop in your shopping day.

Visited April 2013
Colorado
102 attraction reviews
“Always a fun place to shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jackalope has always been a fun place to shop in Santa Fe, and we usually bring our friends and family here when they visit us from out of town, which they enjoy a lot.

There is quite a variety of pottery, rugs, clothing, household wares, and gift items to choose from, and you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy your time here. In the summer there is usually food available for purchase, such as burgers, sandwiches, snacks and soft drinks, and in the fall Jackalope allows New Mexico chile vendors to sell their fresh-crop green chile, which can be roasted and bagged right here to take home. We usually buy our green chile from the Jackalope vendors in late August/early September.

Jackalope is always worth a visit, whether you live in Santa Fe or not.

Visited February 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
17 attraction reviews
“Fun Shopping Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Jackalope is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience that young and old will enjoy. When entering the grounds you admire their variety of pots in all colors. Inside they sell just about everything! Outside you will find a Prairie Dog Habitat that kids LOVE to look at. They have several buildings on the property, and their furniture store has really nice pieces in it! There is usually a burger stand on the property, so if you want to stay a while, you can eat while you're there. Overall a fun experience.

Visited December 2012