“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
gloucestershire
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had set off from Santa Rosa very early and so arrived in Santa Fe at 8am. We thought we would just leave the luggage at the hotel but surprisingly were able to check into the hotel and not only that was offered breakfast also.Big room, comfy bed and staff always on hand to help except at 2am when my partner blocked the toilet lol. Breakfast was basic, toast and waffles. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear search4sun_10: Thank for your five star review! We are glad you especially enjoyed our comfy bed- which has been a part of our overall renovation completed in last couple of years which includes new furniture, carpet, wide screen tv with numerous HD channels, renovated pool and lobby area any much more! We look forward to your next visit, hopefully soon! Wish you a wonderful summer, full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM. Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Santa Fe NM Phone: 505 438 8049

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bentonville, Arkasas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Our stay for six nights was quite enjoyable! We loved that it was convenient to numerous restaurants, even within easy walking distance, and away from the constant hustle of people downtown, but within a 15 minute drive when we wanted to be tourists and see the sights. We were in a ground floor room which was surprisingly quiet. Air conditioner was never noisy. In fact you never even heard it click on or off. Very clean rooms, grounds, pool and spa, which was attended to early each morning. Loved the privacy of the pool area!
Continental breakfast was quite sufficient, though I did request peanut butter (due to allergy issues) they didn't offer.
We visited the outlying areas, casinos, and Albuquerque so the easy jump on Interstate was perfect. Amisha & Tapas were kind and knowledgeable of the area and extremely helpful in sites and directions. Lastly, staying here did not cost us the bank! Economy allowed us to do other things with in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Backside, down room was quiet, close to pool area and breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear C.O.: Thank you for writing a wonderful review! You complimented precisely on everything we strive for and we are glad you noticed it! Thank you for your business and recommending us to the TripAdvisor community! Wish you an amazing summer, full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Las Vegas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed in a lovely suite. It was clean, comfortable and it didn't have a noisy air conditioner. It was close to restaurants and shopping and the concert we attended. Comfortable bed, and Direct
TV!

Room Tip: First floor, north side was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Vixi007: We Are delighted to know you had a five star experience for a date night with your husband at our motel! We have been replacing the air conditioners and glad to know that you noticed they don't make noise. We hope that the date night will become more of a regular routine for you and we will ensure that it will be a wonderful experience for you all the time! Thank you for your business. Cheers! GM
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Based on the reviews, I was expecting a bit more. First of all, if you want to stay near the beautiful town square in Santa Fe, this is not a good option. In fact, it's a good 10-15 minute drive from downtown Santa Fe (where the art galleries are). This hotel is located near the freeway, quite further than I expected. I didn't look at the location prior to booking this hotel and I was in Santa Fe for the Beer and Bike Festival by Outside Magazine -- where the bulk of the festivities were held downtown.

We checked in at 8 pm and were given a room upstairs. As I checked in, someone in a group adjacent to the room was screaming. I requested another upstairs room, but unfortunately, they were all out of upstairs rooms. We were given a downstairs unit room. The room was no frills. Although it was clean, there were just things that could be repaired that should be repaired. Things that appeared worn or broken (the shower needed some repair work) and the bed squeaked loudly --- these are things that are pretty obvious that need to be repaired. They are small fixes that show the owners take pride in the hotel.

There was a hotel hot tub and pool -- very simple, next to the busy street. If you're looking for a relaxing pool/hot tub, you won't find it here.

The breakfast in the morning was very no frills -- very simple -- toast, some instant oatmeal, passable coffee. I rarely pass on free food, but I did at this hotel.

Santa Fe is not cheap - this is a given. I felt like the value was fair, but the hotel management needs to look at damages in the room and repair accordingly.

All in all, if you're looking for a hotel in the budget range in Santa Fe, this will do the trick.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs -- if you're a light sleeper, you will most certainly hear people walking...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear voodoo-d: Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review. We are glad to know that you found the value of staying at our motel to be "fair", considering the fact that it's an "expensive town". We strive to provide the best value for an economy brand and our focus is to find a balance to optimize what services we provide while maintaining our goal of to be the best value in an economy brand.
The closer to plaza motels are much more pricy, but majority of our guests find that 10-15 minutes drive is a better option than to pay a premium to be closer to the plaza. In any case, we do not claim to be in downtown plaza area.
We provide many more items in the breakfast than we are required to. You forgot to mention (perhaps inadvertently) that we also have hot waffles, cereals, muffins, pastry and a fruit. It is unfortunate that you did not like our coffee because we receive compliments on it all the times. Again, we are an economy brand and we strive to provide value. There are options to pay a premium and to stay at places where a full breakfast is served. However, there are guests who actually prefer to stay in a value priced motels so that they can go out and have a truly Santa Fean breakfast experience in a restaurant -which no hotel can provide- and numerous local restaurants will offer it at a price which is less than the additional price you would pay for a room at a motel serving a full breakfast...That said, we are working on adding items to our breakfast, which are not required per the Econo Lodge standards, however we will be adding them nevertheless.
We regret that you did not enjoy our pool and hot tub. We get compliments on its cleanliness frequently, and further, we are in process of changing the outdoor furniture.
As to the items which you noticed needing repairs, we wish you would have brought it to our attention while you were staying with us to give us an opportunity to fix it right away. That said, we value comments like this from an especially seasoned traveller like you, and we will certainly look at the room you had stayed to ensure everything needing repair will be fixed. Thank you for bringing this issues to our attention.
Once again, we appreciate you for writing a review in such detail and we promise to do our best to do better. We hope that you would give us another chance to make it right the next time.
Wish you a wonderful summer, full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel stay was a gift from my parents. They are Choice Privilege members (like me, by the way) and they chose to give me a free night with their points. Yes, I know, I'm really lucky. And this Econolodge was the best that I've been in in my life (and I've seen many both in Canada and the US)! I was really impressed.

Before arriving, I was a bit afraid about check-in process. Why? It was the first time that my night stay was a gift from my parents with points with Choice Privilege. Because it was with my parents' points, the reservation was in my father's name but it was indicated that it was for me in the reservation. It just seemed weird to me that the reservation was not in my name and I was a bit anxious about that. Over the phone, when he made the reservation, my father was a bit afraid about that too but they told him that I just had to show the e-mail confirmation in case there was a problem. So, when I checked in... there was no problem at all. The receptionist knew all about that and was not surprised. The check-in was really fast and friendly.

I was really impressed when I got to the room. It was a suite! A very beautiful good-quality huge room! There a was huge flat TV, a big couch where 3 people could sit, a sofa, a little desk, a fridge with a small freezer section, a microwave and a king bed. Everything was very clean (and I'm really picky about that) and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet and we slept really well. Everything in the room worked perfectly well too. The only negative thing that I could say was that the heating was off when we arrived on May 14 and it was unusually cold in Santa Fe, a record cold. There was even a freezing warning for the night (for during the night). So, of course, we put the heating on and it did not take too much time to heat the room and everything was OK.

There was some Southwest decoration and it was really nice. The continental breakfast was really good: waffle machine, raisin bread (I love those!), oatmeal, very good coffee and all the usual stuff that you get in a continental breakfast such as cereal and muffins.

The exterior swimming pool was open even though it was only May 14 and it was unusually cold for that time of the year. But I can you that the pool was really well-heated because I did touch the water. Unfortunately, I was too tired to swim but the pool was really clean and inviting. The cold would not have stopped me really because I used to live in Iceland and in Iceland, they swim in outdoor heated swimming pools during the winter, so I'm used to theses kinds of things.

The corridor are interior so it feels safer. From the motel, you can walk to many restaurants such as Starbucks Cafe, Panda Express, Panera Bread, Olive Garden, Blue Corn Cafe & Brewery on Rodeo Road (but very near Cerillos Rd), Burger King, etc. There are 2 Walmarts at a very short driving distance. You could easily even walk there if you time. The sidewalks are really good in Santa Fe. I would say the motel is about 10 minute drive from downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Sarah L: Thank you for such an amazing, detailed five star review! We sincerely appreciate that you took time to write in detail about everything that we strive for, and work hard for, to please our valued guests. It is especially very rewarding to hear such compliments from a very seasoned, a top contributor, like you! We are glad that you had an "excellent" stay at our motel and we look forward to be at your service again, hopefully soon! Hope you had a safe trip back to Quebec City. Wish you a wonderful summer full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Alencon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

very nice stay,very clean all was super +++++++,pool and jacuzzi very nice,the front desk very kind,the room big and the bed was perfect,nothing to say more,the next stay in santa fe sure will be in this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear 759massimos: Thank you for an amazing five star review! We are glad to know you had a very nice stay and found everything to be "super"! We appreciate your business and looking forward to be at your service, hopefully soon! Hope you had a safe trip back to France. Wish you very safe and happy travels! Regards- GM
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We just left Santa Fe this morning after staying at the Econolodge for several nights. Check in was welcoming and easy thanks to Manuel. The decor is southwestern and appealing. We had requested a ground level suite and it was immaculate and roomy. The bed was also very comfortable. This is a family run place and it shows. They go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. We plan on returning next year.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea R: Thank you for an amazing five star review! We are glad you found your room immaculate! You are right, this is family run business and we are ecstatic to know you noticed it and complimented about it. We are looking forward to be at your service again next year! Wish you a summer full of happy and safe travels! Regards- GM

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!