“Like No Other Econo Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Texas
“Like No Other Econo Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

At the last minute, I decided to go to a festival at Madrid last weekend. There were other special events going on besides that music festival, and the hotels were high dollar. So we stayed at the Econo Lodge, and since it's on Cerrillos Rd, it was a good choice for driving to Madrid.

Wow- was I ever surprised! My room was much nicer than any Econo Lodge ever.
Now I see why it ranks so high at TripAdvisor.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Texa S: Thank you for your wonderful five star review! It is especially rewarding to get compliments from seasoned travellers like you and we are grateful for that. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again, hopefully soon. Wish you happy and safe travels! GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was heading on a roadtrip and was meeting my friend so needed to quickly reserve for a hotel during the end of Spring Break. I was happy to be able to reserve two rooms. I found out that there is no difference between a single person with a king size bed and two people for the same type of room. I was late for my check in and since my friend arrived before me and I was the reserving party, I was happy to see that the hotel staff took care of him while still checking ID's and watching closely for my arrival, in case someone was trying to use the room without me knowing. I was late and came near midnight and usually they lock the door. This is new management and a family. They stayed up to ensure I was ok and let me in.

The hotel is clean, nice decor. It is set in an urban environment and you can easily reach a Denny's and stores. It's not a long drive to the heart of Santa Fe. You can safely take the bus from the train station directly to the hotel. This was helpful for my friend who arrived before me.

The rooms are spacious, clean, all amenities are present-hair dryer, coffee maker, shampoo/soap etc. They had an ironing board and iron in the closet, a desk, frig and basically what you see in the photos is truly what you will see. I was on the 2nd floor. It was quiet.

They also try to honor other guests request. My friend was pacing and evidentally made too much noise so was politely asked to try to be more quiet. That's good to know they take action on guest requests.

The parking is free. You get free wifi and breakfast. Get to the food early. I'm not much into the heavy carb fair but you can get muffins, cereal etc. And, if you want something else, there are restaurants close by.

Check out was fast and easy. They have a pool and etc but I did not use it. So I can't comment but it looked like all facilities were well managed and cared for and I would have no problem booking with this hotel.

By the way, there is a bad hotel with a similar name so make sure you are getting the INN AND SUITES. The other one is just an inn and has very very bad reviews.

Another thing was that the decor is nice. It is not an ugly 70's retro look or grandma's floral comforter look.

It does not have any sort of yard or view. It is set in an urban environment off a main street but there was no noise.

Good, safe, inexpensive but quality place.

Room Tip: I did not have room service or use any fitness center.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dori K: Thank you so much for taking time to write such a detailed review! "Good, safe, inexpensive but quality place."...that's a perfect way to describe our motel! We are glad you took chance upon us based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again, hopefully soon! Wish you safe and happy travels! Regards- GM
Paris - France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The location of this motel is not in the heart of central Santa Fe, but is is close enough to be quite convenient.
The hotel is managed by a family and it shows : they are very friendly, and eager to please and help with any questions.
On the second day, the owner acknowledged me with my name, which is not easy, as the name is foreign... Nice touch and it was appreciated.
The room was nice and comfortable, and the breakfast was quite good for the price paid.
This is definitely a hotel you can go to, you will be nicely welcomed and it's good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Globetrekkiegirl: Thank you for your wonderful review! We are proud to run this as a family business and are glad to know that you noticed it and complimented us on it. Thank you for your business and recommending us to the fellow TripAdvisor community! Hope you had a safe trip back to Paris. Wish you happy travels! Regards- GM
Estes Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Having never visited Santa Fe, we booked here based on reviews we read. Did not need to be in the downtown area so thus seemed like a good choice and there were plenty of restaurants, etc. nearby.

To say this place exceeded our expectations is an understatement. HUGE, clean rooms, excellent Wifi, attentive front desk staff, nice hot tub, etc. Even the coffee was great.

Tons of good solid restaurants nearby as well. I do not mean the chains either. We actually extended our stay by 2 nights, it was that nice. And such a deal too.

We will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SNG56: Thank you for your amazing five star review! We are grateful that you took chance upon us based on TripAdvisor reviews! Thank you for your business and we look forward to see you again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

While some may rate the hotel class as 2 or 3 stars (compared to a Hilton etc) I rate this a 5 stars all the way. Management and front desk staff are great. Good location. No, it's not downtown but we have a car so we love to explore not just the tourist attractions but local sites.

The property is within walking distance to an Albertsons and other stores (mall) and a convenience store and a very short drive to a laundramat.

I want to tell management and Choice: Don't change a thing. Our room was great, clean as a pin We look forward to next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Txtravelersx2: Thank you for your wonderful five star review! It is especially rewarding to get such compliments from a repeat and seasoned travelers like you, and we are grateful for that. Thank you for your business and we will be at your service again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed for five nights, what a good deal. Clean, comfortable room. Comfy bed, tv w/ HBO (no missing Game of Thrones!). Adequate continental breakfast. Easy drive to the public parking lots off the plaza. Free wifi. A very good value.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LittleRockerTraveler: Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad you didn't miss to watch your favorite show- Game of Thrones, thanks to the hi definition HBO channels we have! I am sure that you know that the writer of that show lives in Santa Fe...we are fan of the show as well!! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again, hopefully soon! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I were quite pleased with our stay here. The price was extremely reasonably and our room was very clean. It is a basic motel which is what we expected, but it was all good. The staff was helpful and suggested a couple of
restaurants to eat at. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear love2travel6379: Thank you for your amazing five star review! "definately stay here again" is the best compliment that we can hope for and we are grateful for that! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!