“The Best at a reasonable rate” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“The Best at a reasonable rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This property is exceptionally well cared for. The manager is friendly and eager to please. I walked in with no reservation and he quoted me the same low price I had found online. I asked for a first floor room with no one above me or else a second floor room. He had no rooms that met my needs so he upgraded me to a suite for the price of a reg. room. The room was immaculate with real stone tiles in the bath area. The room also had a large 50" (I think) TV and the bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was regular stuff; cereal, toast, pastries, waffle maker and fresh bananas. Basic but clean and plentiful! I would definitely stay there again. Oh yes, good security and all inside door access to rooms. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: No restaurant & I didn't look for a fitness center. I was on the side of the bldg. and it m...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We spent 2 nights this past week at the Econo Lodge, one on the way to our destination and once on the way home. This is our second year of staying at this hotel. The staff is the same as last year. We get the idea that this hotel is run by a family who takes great pride in their work. They are friendly and easy to work with. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are a ton of TV channels. There's a microwave and fridge in the rooms too. We know we will get a clean, comfortable room at a GREAT price. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We chose this motel based on the reviews of previous guests, and it met our expectations. The room was spotless and well kept, and the nights were quiet for sleeping. The breakfast area is clean, bright and pleasant. We stayed for 3 nights and felt very comfortable here. It is in an area with stores such as Target, Best Buy, grocery stores and drug stores. The Plaza and other areas of interest are a short drive away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Grabenstaett
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Clean but very basic -- smallest hotel room I've ever seen and the bathroom was the size of a linen closet. The tiny room had a big flat screen TV and a huge selection on HD channels. A fridge and a microwave was crammed into already very limited space.
Not for claustrophobic individuals.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

First visit to Santa Fe. Researched for a good budget-friendly property and settled on the Econo Lodge after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! Our hosts Tapas and Amisha were very friendly and made us feel welcome after a long day on the road. The room was clean and quiet away from the main road. The drive to the Plaza area was quick and easy. The property is easy access from I-25 and on Cerrillos Rd one can find eating establishments, groceries, and lots of other shopping.

Room Tip: rooms away from the main road and registration desk will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

A good location with access to I25 with the room price being a good value combined with a clean room makes this a pleasant sleep!

We enjoyed a king suite close to an exit which made hauling luggage in and out of the room very easy.

The owners were very helpful with local information. This establishment will be on our short list when we return to the part of New Mexico.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor room near the exit to make luggage transfer easy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Once again, I returned to a favorite lodging of mine! Anyone looking for a clean, economical, friendly motel, this is the place to be. The owners are friendly, kind and remember returning visitors. I was upgraded which is always a super plus benefit. I cannot do stairs and have always been able to get a downstairs nonsmoking room. The website I book through states smoking rooms available but as an ex-smoker, I have never smelled smoke in the facility. Rooms are spacious and always immaculately clean, towels are real towels and not thin like some places, great TV with more channels than one can watch, very good Wi-Fi reception. I am usually lodged on the side closest to Cerrillos but noise has never been a problem for me. Breakfast is always fresh, a nice start to the day. This trip I had a fall (not at the facility) resulting in a broken arm. A week post-stay I received an email from the owners wishing me a speedy recovery and hoping I had a safe trip home! Only if there are no rooms available will I stay anywhere else in Santa Fe! I also like the location, easy access to any place I want to go. Being able to pick up food from Whole Foods and store in the room fridge is a big plus. Check out this Econo Lodge; I totally recommend it to anyone traveling! Prices are also some of the best in the area, a big plus on a budget!

Room Tip: If one has difficulty with stairs, request a downstairs room as there is no elevator. Tub/showers in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
EconolodgeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Trckstersawpix: Thank you for your five star review! Repeat guests are the best reward we can wish for and we are glad to have had the opportunity to host you again and are looking forward to your next visit, hopefully soon! Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review and recommending us to the the TripAdvisor community! Wish you happy and safe travels! Regards- GM

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!