“Off-road biking” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 101 Activities in Santa Fe
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Fe Walkabouts is an outdoor adventure company offering customized guided outings for individuals, families and small groups. Come on a nature walk, scale a mountain, enjoy mountain biking in the high desert, or go on a 4WD/Jeep Adventure in our Pinzgauer. We also offer scenic tours to Bandelier, Puye, Abiquiu, Taos, and more!Our goal is to share our love of the outdoors and New Mexico with you. Let's go Walkabout!
Spring Valley, New York
11 attraction reviews
“Off-road biking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm a road-cyclist who had never gone off-road, but the beauty of New Mexico inspired me. Santa Fe Walkabouts had the perfect ride for me, and Sue arranged a private tour for me that was perfect. It was a highlight of my Santa Fe vacation.

Visited April 2012

Wales, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Great experience for one traveling alone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I contacted Santa Fe Walkabouts for information about their tours and Sue's response was amazing. Not only did she go into detail about the different choices of tours but she looked up the train schedule to help me coordinate train times with tour times. It was so helpful. I traveled on the Rail Runner to Santa Fe and Georges picked me up from the train station. We drove to the trailhead. Georges was well prepared with extra water, clothes, snacks, trekking poles, and other equipment that may have been needed. We took a beautiful hike through an aspen forest, meadow, and then a steep climb to the top of the ski lift area. Georges was very nice about going slow, being encouraging when the path got difficult, and stopping to show interesting facts along the way (which were also much needed "catch my breath" breaks). Georges was very informative about the flora and fauna and I learned many new things about the Santa Fe area. I would highly recommend Santa Fe Walkabouts to anyone interested in seeing more of Santa Fe than just the Plaza! They were great!

Visited July 2012
New York
9 attraction reviews
“2 Great tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We did two tours with Georges-Taos and the Bandelier area and both were outstanding. He is very knowledgeable and presents the information in a very entertaining way. He was flexible in planning around our interests and needs. Absolutely the best way to visit and learn about the Santa Fe area!

Visited July 2012
dallas, texas
“Wonderful excursion with Georges!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Looking for a trip into the scenery a little outside of Santa Fe, I came across this website which looked promising. From my call to Sue (who made great effort to explain the possibilities) to our pickup from Georges at the Anasazi (who also seconded the recommendation for this great couple and their company), our trip to Pecos National Park was spectacular! Georges is delightful and fun (and very handsome!) and knows the history of New Mexico and the region better than most Americans (despite being from Paris). He is full of energy and fun, took great care of us in walking slower than usual in the heat for my husband and explaining everything in wonderful detail so we had a real sense of the history of this particular part of New Mexico! Highly recommended and next time I am hiking with him into someplace adventurous!!

Visited June 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect experience for a solo traveller!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I came across Santa Fe Walkabouts web-site by luck and as I was planning to travel on my own I trusted the excellent ratings they had on trip advisor. Sue replied to all my e-mails very quickly, answering all my questions and concerns as this would have been my first experience of a proper hiking holiday.
My first hike was a difficult one not so much on the way down but on the way up the mountain. It was the first time I doubted if I would make it, but Georges knew it was the altitude difference affecting me and so suggested to stay in the same level for a while and go and see another interesting site. After an hour my body had adjusted and I was able to complete the hike with no problems. The other 3 hikes were much easier physically but made very interesting by Georges and Sue by their expert knowledge of the area. They are both exceptionally professional in what they do but also friendly that make the experience feel like you are hiking with old knowledgable friends rather that tour guides. I would recommend them to anyone and I am looking forward to my next trip to Santa Fe!

Visited June 2012