“One of my favorite things to do in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 101 Activities in Santa Fe
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature, geology and history come to life on the trails around Santa Fe with Outspire Hiking and Snowshoeing. Alpine trails to high desert canyons are our specialty.
Westlake Village, ca.
“One of my favorite things to do in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've had the great pleasure of hiking with Karen with various combinations of my family and friends over the past five years. Every time we are in her company everyone is happy, safe and completely engaged and interested. I'm so directionally challenged - if not for Outspire and Karen I'd never have the nerve to explore the beauty of the forest. She is a gift in and of herself, but also she has given me a gift - many times - of being able to explore and experience the great natural wonders that surround the very special city of Santa Fe. Thank you Karen! I am very very grateful and I look forward to our continuing adventures!

Visited November 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Outspire makes it fun and easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have used Outspire twice now. Each time it has been simple setting up an expedition. Karen always has a lot of information that helps deciding on timing and location, which is important given all of the options that the San Juans and Jemez have to offer. Each time, equipment other than hiking boots has been provided as well as water and trail snacks. More importantly, the guides have been not only knowledgeable and informative, but fun to spend time with.

Atlanta, Georgia
59 attraction reviews
“Best part of our visit to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went to Santa Fe for the Zozobra festival and wanted to get out and have some exercise. I found Outspire on the internet and we set up for a private hike. OUTSTANDING!!! Karen was so professional-sending detailed information about what we should bring/expect and really getting to know us so that she could (and did!) match us with the perfect hike. She is so extremely well informed about the area and it was a pleasure hearing about the wildlife and learning so much.

Her hike and the experience was the BEST part of our time in Santa Fe. I would highly recommend working with her-a Santa Fe MUST DO!

Portland, OR
“Great experience - can't wait to work with Outspire again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

First of all, I think Outsprise should add "GPS Expertise" to its title, and then consider adding "Knowledgeable and Fun" too! Karen led 4 of us (ages 10, 38, 42, 70) on a 4 hour GPS introduction and hike on the slopes of the Santa Fe Ski area. She was prepared and set our expectations well. The education/explanation part was good for all levels, the hike was informative and interesting, and the competition at the end tied everything together. We all look forward to meeting Karen again and would highly recommend Outspire!

Chicago, IL
22 attraction reviews
“Hiking in the Aspens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a gorgeous hike in the aspens with Karen. Guess we were still adjusting to the elevation, so didn't go quite as far as we hoped, but still enjoyed the aspens, saw several grouse, learned some facts about the animals, flowers, and vegetation along the way. Karen was an excellent guide and we had a very enjoyable experience.

Visited August 2012