“BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cottonwood Court Motel

Cottonwood Court Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cottonwood Court Motel
You added Cottonwood Court Motel to your Saves list
1742 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #39 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Lancaster, California
“BED BUGS, BED BUGS, BED BUGS!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband checked into this motel late evening of 11/21/2011. He stayed in room #6 for a week with no problems. He said it had a strong smell of bug spray. Then the following week, he upgraded to a suite in room #13. After the first night, he started feeling itchy. He stayed in this room for 3 nights and by the 3rd night he had over 60 bites on his legs and arms. He tried to talk to the owners about it, but they insisted that they had the place recently fumigated. They did absolutely nothing to help and only denied that they had bed bugs. They said that he must have gotten them from his job. What!? Do not stay at this motel. They also charged him for half of a day today even though he had to go to the laundry mat, wash all of his clothes and spray his suitcase before he could go to another motel. The owners were total jerks and did nothing to help him. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is by no means a fancy motel, but is adequate, a little funky, has a decent location and is worth a look.

I had a room that was actually a 'family' type room with a sleeper sofa and a small fridge and microwave.

I didn't want to spend much, and called several places and was quoted a similar rate. I decided on the Cottonwood Motel because I am a female and was traveling alone, and the parking lot at this small motel was well lit.

The was very roomy, more than I needed, but I am assuming that the smaller rooms were already taken and for what I paid (around $45.00 incl. taxes) I wasn't going to complain. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean. Furniture is old and the TV is an older TV attached up on the wall kitty corner across from the bed. They had expanded cable, which I really appreciated. The motel is adobe, with the beamed ceilings inside, barely visible in at least one of the pictures.

It has a funky 1950's look to it. There were some tiles damaged in the bathroom, but to be honest, I think they would find if very hard to find a match and would probably have to redo the whole bathroom. i honestly don't think that that is going to happen, especially at the rates they charge. I meant to ask what their rates were during their peak season, but totally forgot, sorry about that!

I am a sleep cheap and spend my money elsewhere kind of person and this motel fit the bill.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Cottonwood Court Motel? Share your experiences!