“French Fare that is worth interrupting your shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“French Fare that is worth interrupting your shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stopped in for some shopping at the Santa Fe outlets and was pleasantly surprised at this darling little place tucked away amid the stores. The menu has French fare and desserts (pain chocolate is my favorite) My husband and I had french onion soup, spinach quiche and spinach salad, which was all good. Must go back for breakfast. If you are in the area, it is worth a stop.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Santa Fe, NM
“Wonderful Pasteries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great food at reasonable prices! We make a trip out to Vingt Cinq about once a week for excellent sandwiches, crepes, and desserts. The entire restaurant is family owned and run. The father is in the kitchen, the mother organizes everything, and their adult children are servers and work the counter. We've greatly enjoyed getting to know them and were surprised to find such a good restaurant in an outlet mall.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Tasty treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We arrived at the business just at closing time. Yet the clerk was friendly and respectful. We ended up purchasing pastries (to go), which were delicious, fresh, and crispy. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely make a point of finding this business. It was a delightful find, especially in an outlet mall.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NAPLES
“Loved the food. Loved the dessert. Ambience...not so much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

What a shame to stash this little gem of a restaurant in an outlet mall! I cannot recall any French restaurants with such tasty and thoroghly enjoyable food--so reasonably priced. And in uber-expensive Santa Fe yet!

We were in town for a week at a timeshare in the city center, only a couple of blocks from the Plaza. We had to make the cross town trek out twice because we arrived just a few minutes after the kitchen closed the first time. But the second time was the charm and worth the additional drive. Arriving just after 1:00 for lunch, we found the small cafe was nearly full with only two or three perimeter tables available.

The decor is faux-French and "cute" with classic French tunes (Piaf, etc.) playing pleasantly over the sound system. But here's the rub...there is no table service. You must go up to the counter to order--either from the plastic laminated single page menu or from the specials board. Then take your numbered ticket holder and find a table to sit and wait.

That's what keeps me from giving this five stars. I want table service when I go out. There were five or six people running food to the tables, so they could have certainly taken orders at the table, alleviating the necessity for patrons to stand in line and wait to order, in my opinion.

That being said let's get to the good part--the food. My wife had the Salad Nicoise which she thoroughly enjoyed. Half way into it, she declared "I want to come back here again."

I ordered the French onion soup from the four choices offered. It was good, but not great. I would have preferred more melted cheese and a little less sherry. But it was certainly tasty nonetheless.

For my main course, I had the Chicken & Mushroom Crepe.It was wonderful. Light and easy on the palate, yet thick and fully packed with large pieces of white meat chicken, tender mushrooms, softly cooked onions and peppers in a tasty sauce. The entire crepe--large as it was--was enjoyable and satisfying from the first bite to the last.

It was accompanied with a very pleasant side salad (much better than the simple hunk of lettuce with one piece of tomato and a few carrot shreds that so often accompanies a meal) that provided just the right diversity of taste and texture to complement the crepe. A nice pairing.

Thent he toughest decision of the day...which of the freshly made desserts to try? They ALL looked wonderful. We split one that I couldn't pronounce which was an extremely light cheesecake with fresh raspberries and a whipped creme topping, all sitting on a thin choclate grenache, that went down far too easily. We were quickly tempted to order a second dessert--as full as we were--but my wife's cooler head prevailed and we settled for just the one.

But next time, I'm getting my OWN dessert.

Go, eat, enjoy. It's casual and it's quite inexpensive for the quantity and quality of the meal.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
santa fe, nm
“Amazing baked daily pastries/great soup/delicious sandwiches and salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

An amazing French Cafe and Patisserie hidden in the 'outlet mall' in Santa Fe, New Mexico. They serve breakfast and lunch from 9-4pm. The atmosphere is quite nice...altho remember we are in an outlet mall...so w/that in mind, it is "fantastic"-LOL The service was spot-on and exceptionally friendly. Both of the owners (husband and wife) are there 7 days a week. He is from Belgium...home to great pastries, eh?
The soup was very very nice...very little salt, which pleased me...you can always add more..but you can't un-ring the salt bell. This can be a destination point (ample parking)...or an adjunct to that trip to the outlet mall for a great deal.

• Visited August 2011