“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

105 E. Marcy, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Love this little gem situated in the heart of Santa Fe - service was wonderful, I met the owner, Gordon, and he couldn't have been more helpful. I love the way the rooms are decorated, not your average place- stay there!!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in all of New Mexico! The rooms are all different with a very unique style of decor and ambience. The color scheme is warm browns and golds, and the hotel has great technological amenities, including flat screen television, google tv and a wide range of channels. The art is tasteful and changes with the seasons.
The lobby is streamline with quiet downtempo electronic music playing that adds to the sleek and modern feel of the Luxx. With comfortable beds and clean bathrooms, this is THE hotel to stay at if you want to maximize your modern Santa Fe experience.
Each room is totally different and immersive, and whatever room you stay in, I'm sure you will be pleased with both the cleanliness and the style. I recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys clean,
comfort and style!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Luxx Hotel is a very beautiful artsy place right in the heart to Santa Fe'
we enjoyed our stay and we enjoyed that is pet friendly. it was certainly a great value and with highly recommend it for anyone to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Obviously the review above from "Bobby_Zempki" is some kind of psycho-obsessive crush-gone-bad. It is incredibly difficult to find lodging close to the Santa Fe Plaza at a reasonable price, and this hotel fits the bill perfectly! The check in/check out is different from most hotels, but Santa Fe is nicknamed "The City Different"...embrace it. Location is awesome, love the swanky decor, next to a great coffee, sandwich and sushi restaurant. Safe downtown location and steps to the Plaza with lots of awesome restuarants and nightlife. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I agree with several reviewers that this is an odd kind of hotel--kind of like a bed & breakfast without the breakfast and without the host. I only saw someone when I tried to check in at 6:00 pm. The young fellow said he didn't know if the room was ready and it did look like the rooms were being cleaned. I had to go to a meeting at 7 and he said that was no problem, he would get me the information re which room I was in and the key codes. The hotel is located across from the Public Library. Although it is "close" to the Plaza it is in an area that is quite deserted at night. If you are not familiar with Santa Fe, you might feel spooked, but don't be. It's safe. I arrived back at 10:30 pm and found the gate into the property, key code worked fine. I used the same key code on the door into the hallway and also to my room. I hope that each room had a different key code! The room is decorated in a kind of Eastern New Age style. Not really upscale but okay for a night. The window looked on to the alley, which was not great but oh well, I just went to bed anyway. When I left the room at 7: 30 am there was no one around at all although I did hear noises in one of the other rooms. I sent a text to the number that had texted me the night before saying that I was leaving and thanks but didn't receive a reply. Would I go back? Ummm, don't think so. There are other hotels in Santa Fe that I like better. But for the night it was fine. Nice toiletries, coffee fixings and Perrier water in the room, dog biscuits (but not people biscuits) in the lobby. There is no free parking but if you arrive after 6:00 pm and leave before 8:00 am you can park on the street.

Room Tip: Be aware that all of the rooms are on the ground floor but it is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Though a bit unconventional, we enjoyed this hotel. I agree with previous comments about this being more like an "inn" than a hotel -- seemed very informal. The staff person we spoke with when we checked in was friendly, but there isn't someone staffing the check-in area on a consistent basis. In fact, someone had to go find the guy while we waited. Though our room had some older features, particularly the carpet, it had a unique decorating theme and was cozy. The TV was great once we figured it out (it's Google TV, something we hadn't previously used) -- some instructions for those of us not technologically savvy would help! Aside from it being a quirky establishment, it was great -- and so close to the Plaza and museums. Note -- parking options here are either metered parking (which is free only overnight after 6:00 PM) or for $20 extra, you can park in the nearby parking garage. However, this was during the week when we stayed, so I'm not sure if the meters run on weekends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed at the Luxx Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe. We were in town for a family wedding and wanted something located near the Plaza. I have to say that the rooms were great. And we loved the free Netflix!

Also, we brought our little toy poodle with us. The staff was very accommodating with your dog. The front desk went out of there way to make our dog feel comfortable. We would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone that wants a downtown hotel. We have stayed at several in Santa Fe, and loved the overall vibe of The Luxx.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a dog going directly out to their back patio.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Luxx Hotel? Share your experiences!