“Dog Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxx Hotel

You added Luxx Hotel to your Saves list
Luxx Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   105 E. Marcy, 105 E Marcy St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #24 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Dog Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed at the Luxx Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe. We were in town for a family wedding and wanted something located near the Plaza. I have to say that the rooms were great. And we loved the free Netflix!

Also, we brought our little toy poodle with us. The staff was very accommodating with your dog. The front desk went out of there way to make our dog feel comfortable. We would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone that wants a downtown hotel. We have stayed at several in Santa Fe, and loved the overall vibe of The Luxx.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a dog going directly out to their back patio.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is very unusual.
It is very well located in Santa Fe, on Marcy street...just steps from great restaurants and galleries.
To get to the lobby, you need to wind around a hallway between a great Asian restaurant and a coffee shop. The lobby is small and often unattended. It seemed to me a bit shabby.
There is no one on the premises from 10 pm to 8 am. Patrons are given a number to call in case of an emergency. After 10 pm, you must access the property through a gate on the side of he building. Although there is a fridge,microwave, and coffee pot in each room, I had to stand on a chair to reach the coffee pot...only to find it wasn't working. There is no clock radio or phone in the room.
On the plus side , the sheets were spotless, the bathroom was small but clean and stylish, and the staff was very pleasant, courteous and helpful. There is a big screen TV and complementary WiFi.
The hotel was very reasonably priced for downtown Santa Fe. I feel I got what I paid for, but it would have been nice to be able to call the front desk from the room, or get a wake-up call.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Amazing hospitality with beautiful rooms. my stay was enjoyed immensely. i cant wait to go back. :D location is to die for! great for any kind of stay. i recommend this hotel to everyone, you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Northern, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The ranking of this hotel is unfair. This hotel is definitely top notch. The rooms are decorated very well. It's a mix of funky and eclectic. If you're looking for a Marriott type feel, you've definitely come to the wrong place! This feels like an expensive boutique hotel, thought it doesn't leave your wallet empty. We booked last minute, and were given an even cheaper rate than expected. We checked in, they held our luggage for us, and were able to enter the room at 4pm. Though I usually like bar soap and shampoo in little bottles (this hotel has a pump dispenser for the bath gel, shampoo, and conditioner), the quality of the bath products was very good. The location is great, close stroll to everything in town. While parking isn't free, there are metered spots right out front of the hotel. It's free to park from 6pm until 8am. Alex, the general manager was simply amazing. He was nothing short of nice, accommodating, helpful, friendly, down to earth, and very cute. The room we originally thought we were getting on the first night was not available, though on the second day, Alex knocked on our door and told us our room was ready without us having to ask. I misplaced my iPhone charger and Alex lent me a charger without hesitation.

All in all, I would without a doubt return on my next stay to Santa Fe. Stay here! Trust me...you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Hotel Luxx is in a fantastic location, just a short walk to the plaza. The office is located down an inside hallway between the sushi restaurant and the espresso/gelato cafe. The desk clerk, Brian, welcomed us warmly and took us to our room, explaining the ropes and offering to answer questions. There is no staff on duty at night but Brian explained how to reach him in case of emergency. The entire place, including the rooms, was decorated by somebody with panache...wall art, sculptures, fabrics, gold painted grout, etc. Our room was quite comfortable and the weekday rate was very reasonable. The weekend rate was a tad high. Parking is a bit of a problem. The hotel charges $25 per day. We relied on street parking but had to plug the meters every two hours if we didn't go anyplace. The meters have a 2-hr. limit @ $1 per hour so stock up on quarters. We were there in mid-winter so had no problems getting parking right on Marcy St. but that could be problematic during a busier time. We will likely return to The Luxx.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I celebrated my boyfriend's birthday by taking him to Santa Fe. I wanted to stay downtown so we wouldn't need to worry about driving after having some drinks with dinner, plus we wanted to walk around town and enjoy the sights and shop a bit. Check-in was easy. We were a bit early, but they allowed us to park in the adjacent garage. The room was clean and not only had a fridge and microwave, but the microwave served as a toaster oven as well. We didn't use the appliances, but it's nice to know these were available. Also, they provided two make-up remover packs. This may seem trivial, but I always give hotels extra points for providing these. It not only helps them with their laundry, but it's just nicer for guests who wear make up. The staff were extremely generous with parking privileges which helped us out immensely with our stay. The little coffee shop next store was a perfect place for morning coffee as well. The price for this stay was extremely reasonable, particularly for downtown. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were planning a weekend getaway to Santa Fe for my husbands birthday and had two rooms booked at another hotel. On a whim, we decided to leave town one night early and found the Luxx and it looked great! The price was not completely unreasonable considering it was right on The Plaza and last minute. When I booked my room through Orbitz it processed for the wrong night. I immediately called Hotel Luxx to see what they could do to help me with getting my room corrected. I was told that they would have no problem re-booking my room for the correct night and that I would need to do no more follow up with Orbitz; they would "take care of it". Upon arrival, the Manager told me that I would need to cancel with Orbitz and GUARANTEED me that Orbitz would not charge me for anything- we would just have to re-charge the room through his system. What I found out upon hanging up with Orbitz was that they had already charged me $100 that would be refunded in 5-10 business days. I informed the manager about this, as he had already processed my card. All he had to say to me was "Well, if you didn't cancel WE wouldn't get paid for a few days." So rather then waiting a few days for the money I had ALREADY paid through Orbitz he made ME pay TWICE ($200) upfront for my the one night.
In addition to wrongfully handling my money and having terrible customer service, the alarm went off in the middle of the night because the power went out. We had to wait 30 minutes, at least, to even be able to get a hold of anyone to come fix it. (There is no one on staff there over night and you have to reach someone on their cell phones. I know this is pretty typical in smaller Inn's. In my opinion, they should call it the Luxx INN, not hotel. Two very different things.)
In the end, we had to speak with the general manager over the hotel to try and get some of our money back and to discuss our issues with the hotel in general. He sounded like he had just woke up @ noon and treated us like we were nothing but an inconvenience.
The only thing that was pretty awesome was the T.V. has the options for NetFlix and the bed was oober comfy....when we were able to sleep in it.
If you do choose to stay here, based on it's accessibility, I hope that your experience pans out much better than ours did!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple