“Still love Luxx!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Memphis, TN
“Still love Luxx!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at Luxx in Santa Fe again this past July. For me the experience was better than before! The staff was more organized, more professional, and if possible, even more helpful than we had seen in the past few years! Two newer employees that we hadn't met before, Bryan and Luis, were fantastic! We knew Alex previously and has always been great! They did everything possible to make sure we were happy! You can't find a better location for the price....near the plaza, many great restaurants, and shops. We love the central sitting room, the patio with hot tub, couches for enjoying a drink, etc not to mention the top notch décor, beautiful bedding and flat screen tv and other tech equipment.
As for some of the other reviews, I don't believe that this staff would ever intentionally do those things. I can imagine how there is a very big possibility of error going through other websites to book. Why not book directly with Luxx or even if you book through another site go ahead and call to confirm with the hotel to make sure everything is ok?
This is a small hotel with very personable service in a great location in a wonderful town! I'm sure we will stay there again next year! Thanks guys for a great time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

yup you read it. i was actually slowly falling asleep when i felt something crawl up my leg and there it was. a big cockroach. i dont know who or what scarred the other once worse.

anyways. tried to call the management and then realized there was no phone. WHAT? i called the number for the hotel and spoke to the on-call person. was very helpful and very apologetic.

the next day, the traps were out.

now for the good things....the place is unique. and well located. the staff when they were there was very helpful. the rooms themselves are very much unique, each with a different style and size. for that i will give them credit. also the rooms had internet TV with which i did a lot of stuff. again, an interesting thing.

so take what you will. a unique experience in more ways than one. the lack of phones or anyone at night was somewhat creepy and i am not sure i like that. some others may.

as for me i dont think i will be back. but to be fair i would cruse by and take a look yourselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Perfect location lots of shops and restaurants in walking distance, nice coffee shop connected to the hotel and a shushi restaurant ,also make sure to go see the Loretto chapel during your visit , AND A BIG THANKS TO Brian at the hotel who made sure we had everything we needed to have an amazing stay !

• Stayed August 2013
Whittier
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My extended family planned a stay in Santa Fe as part of a family reunion. Eleven of us reserved a total of six rooms at the Luxx so that we could stay together and also be close to the shops and restaurants around the square. These reservations were made in April for our July visit. My partner and I arrived a day before the rest of my family. When we went to check in, Alex said he couldn't locate our reservation. We provided a reservation confirmation. He eventually located our reservation, but indicated that we had been assigned a room at another Luxx property, the Casitas, located some distance outside of Santa Fe and attributed this to a "software glitch". We said the accommodation he offered was completely unacceptable and did not reflect the reservation we had made. After some discussion, Alex contacted La Posada--a lovely resort three blocks from the square--which had a room available for three nights, although it was about two and one half times more expensive. We assumed that the Luxx had accidentally overbooked--there was a very popular event in town and most hotels and inns had no availability. This assumption was proven incorrect when two of my cousins, my aunt, and my uncle arrived the following day for a two night stay. When they went to check in, they were also informed that there was no record of their reservation. One cousin had a confirmation number for the reservations and her credit card had been charged almost $800 three months before her arrival. At this point, no accommodations were available for two nights at other hotels in town. My cousins, my aunt and uncle and their families were able to stay one night on the outskirts of Santa Fe and then had to move to Albuquerque. One of my other cousins and his wife arrived later in the evening and were also informed there was no record of their reservation, which had paid in full in advance. If you look at other reviews for the Luxx, you will see that our experience is not the exception but rather a common experience. This is a business that routinely engages in fraudulent practices. Your reservation at the Luxx doesn't mean anything. Do not give them your business.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This designer hotel is a real gem in Sante Fe. Very convenient to the Plaza and great restaurants. The customer service manager, Bryon, was very, very helpful and always pleasant. The hotel has 14 rooms and they are beautifully decorated. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked a room for Indian Market in mid-June through Expedia, for what seemed an extremely good rate. Since the hotel's reviews were sort of mixed, we decided to take a chance on it. The booking required payment in advance and absolutely no cancellation and my credit card was charged for the full amount in June. Yesterday (July 28) I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and Expedia would help me find another hotel, although at this late date it has been difficult to find comparable places in downtown Santa Fe for Indian Market. We are pleased that Expedia staff have worked hard to honor its commitment. But I would not trust the Luxx Plaza hotel, since they still list two rooms available for the period I wanted. I'm told that they wanted more money than I paid, so they just cancelled my reservation, calling it overbooked, and kept the room listed, but for more money. I have no idea of the quality of the hotel, but this seems pretty amazingly unprofessional on the part of the management.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. Our room had a door leading to a courtyard so I sat there and had my morning coffee. I also had drinks at the courtyard with a couple I met. There is a fire pit and fountain in the courtyard. The room maybe a bit small but it makes up for it in uniqueness. The hotel concierge was very nice and walked us out when we checked out.

Room Tip: get the room with the door to the courtyard