“I really liked staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxx Hotel

You added Luxx Hotel to your Saves list
Luxx Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   105 E. Marcy, 105 E Marcy St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #28 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“I really liked staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I got stuck in a snowstorm and booked this place last minute. It's In a very convenient location right near the Plaza with garage parking next door. The place has a pleasantly laid-back boutique hotel vibe. The rooms are super nice and the staff is really friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here. I literally have no complaints. Thanks Luxx hotel!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jemez Springs, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I purchased a queen "suite" for a $79 through LivingSocial. When I booked the reservation, I noted that the price of the room advertised on the hotel Web site was ~$110, no where near the $189 that LivingSocial advertised. The hotel offered me ann upgrade to a King suite, which I accepted and reserver. After not receiving my confirmation e-mail, I called them back and they sent the confirmation the next day. A week later, I showed up. The first thing the guy said when I walked in at 3:00 in the afternoon (before he even asked my name) was hat they were overbooked, and hoped that they had a room for me. Then, of course, he could not find my reservation, then after looking more, decided my reservation was on a different day, but after I showed him my confirmation e-mail, he eventually got help using the computer and found my reservation, but could not provide the upgrade. The room was not a suite, was double bed, not a queen size bed, and was 10 feet from the (very loud) checkin desk. Also, the bath stopper was broken, and the shower knob was usable, but also broken.

All-in-all, this was a $79 room. I would not recommend this hotel, based on their dishonest marketing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Riverton, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice while in Santa Fe on business. I like the location and ability to walk to all in the Plaza. I can totally understand this hotel isn't for everyone. I refer to the decor as, over the top gay male who could use some restraint, or some lessons in interior design. I'm finding the Google TV quite disappointing, but can't blame hotel for that, just know I won't be installing it at home. Rooms are all different so it may be beneficial to check out a few before selecting one. My first stay I was across from the lobby and I could hear people, this time I'm in a back corner and it is roomy and quiet. I refer to the hotel as a quirky but comfortable experience. I also enjoy the coffee/gelato shop out front and the sushi bar on the other side, both are excellent.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Had Groupon for this hotel. Arrived and room doors were all open. Enter thru spooky hallway.

Had trouble checking in. Given room that was already occupied. RETURNED TO MAKESHIFT OFFICE AND NEW ROOM ASSIGNED.

Left room returned and passcard wouldn't work.

So discusted with atmosphere of this place that I escaped and returned to my comfortable home.

PARKING APPEARS NOT TO BE SECURE.

Very mysterious place. A waste of money.

W. E. Anderson

• Stayed April 2012
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had an extremely bad experience with this hotel in 2012. I made a reservation for two nights, which I then had to cancel due to illness. (I cancelled my reservation more than the required two weeks in advance.) When I asked the hotel to refund the deposit, they told me that they would make refund, then they told me they wouldn’t, then again implied they would. After several months of phone calls, emails, and the involvement of my credit card company, I received only a one night’s deposit refund. In the course of all this, I contacted the New Mexico Better Business Bureau that already had three unanswered complaints against the hotel. The BBB gave the Luxx an “F” rating. The Luxx Hotel is not a member of the BBB or the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce and is not listed with the Santa Fe Visitors’ Bureau. Apparently the Luxx does not care what those agencies think of the hotel. I have also read very negative reviews of the Luxx on more than one web site. Some of these mention the Luxx added previously unstated “resort” and parking fees at guest check out time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruidoso, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Two of my girlfriends and I stayed two nights at the Luxx during a school-sponsored tour of the local art galleries. It was easy to find. The people were friendly. It has a full kitchen for the visitors convenience. By quirky I mean that is not your typical free-standing hotel. You walk in off the street (only one block off the plaza) into a hallway with a couple of shops (including a coffee and ice cream shop) and then proceed on down the hallway to your rooms. But now to tell you about the decor......very quirky and Santa Fe! Anything goes and we just loved it and thought the decor was "really coolly, OUT THERE". Being artists that is fine with us and we cannot wait to get back in April for a three night stay this time! We love this Hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Best stay during our cross country trip. We called to make sure this hotel was actually there (from previous experiences) and also let them know about about our late arrival. They beat the deal I found online, upgraded our room, and when we arrived were still there to explain parking! This made our stay amazing and when we come back, we will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Luxx Hotel? Share your experiences!