“Great location, good price (I paid <$100 a night)” 4 of 5 stars

Luxx Hotel
105 E. Marcy, 105 E Marcy St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
nikkim79
“Great location, good price (I paid <$100 a night)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the Luxx Plaza. I would definitely classify it as non-traditional and maybe as more of an inn than a hotel. It was incredibly affordable, which is hard to find in central Santa Fe, believe me, I did the research exhaustively. And we were very happy with our room which turned out to be a suite. My friends also stayed there and their room was not a suite, but was also large and well apportioned. If having a suite is important to you, you might want to ask for it.

The amenities were somewhat limited, the hot tub is really small and located right behind someone's room, and right in front of a parking lot. They don't give you the typical little bars of soap and bottles of shampoo, but provide nice lavender scented products in eco-friendly dispensers. There is a shared kitchen in the main area with a refrigerator that provided free filtered water (which is so weirdly rare on vacation) and ice. However, the TV situation is really cool, the room comes with Netflix, Google TV, and regular cable, as well as free internet access. I liked the decor of the hotel, it was eclectic, maybe a little scattered in focus, but cool.

The critical plus about Luxx is its location which was just a few blocks from the main square. It shares a building with a coffee/gelato shop and a sushi restaurant. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The owners of Luxx try to present it as a posh hotel, but the design is poorly executed. I knew what to expect the moment I stepped through the "entrance". You enter the hotel via a long corridor between a sushi restaurant and gelato place, which would be fine, except there is no real to the hotel. A laminated sign directs you to the hotel. Before getting to the "front desk/lobby", we walked past the open doors of the laundry facility and maintainance room. Upon arriving, around noon, we were told checkin was not until 4pm. As we had a wedding to attend at five, they were nice enough to accomodate us and have our room ready within an hour and a half. Oh, and when the girl checked us in, she gave us our door code, but said it may not work, so "as a backup", she gave us the mastercode...to all the rooms.

The decor left much to be desired - attempts at being trendy fell flat. Mosaic tiles were glued onto the doors, walls and tops of cheap hotel nightstands. The custom art in the rooms consisted of fake bricks and old tin cans splattered with neon paint. The worst shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I have ever used was stored in cheap plastic dispensers on the shower wall, so I had to stand up out of the bath to wash myself. The shower head produced a trickle of water if other guests were showering/flushing.

On the plus side, the rooms were clean, Google TV and internet was a plus, and the location is excellent.

To sum it up, this clean hotel would be a good budget option if you're here to enjoy Santa Fe, but don't expect much from your accomodations. Honestly, I would stick with Garrett's Desert Inn - at least you know what you're getting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked rooms for five couples at the Luxx Hotel for July. Circumstances changed and we had to reschedule. When I called to reschedule I asked if I could get the same rate as previously quoted. This was affirmed by one of the managers. She booked the rooms under my name and credit card. She instructed me to advise each couple to call and give their own credit card for their rooms. The first person who tried to call spoke with Gordon, one of the owners. She gave him her number and he said he would take care of it. The second person called and was told no card was need until arrival. Third person was told the reservation would not be honored at this rate due to Albuquerque balloon festival. I called to reconfirm and was told the rate would be 3 times higher and all but one room had been canceled. Had I not called we would have only had one room upon arrival. This company lied to us in order to have rooms available at an inflated price. So I say to err is human to lie is unforgivable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

They tout this is a hip and luxurious hotel. I wouldn't agree at all. There are 22 rooms with 16 of them “suites.” Walking into the hotel there is no main lobby and the place resembles more like a hostel, but not at cheaper hostel prices.
We liked the location of the Luxx. It’s just two blocks away from the main square and across the street from the Santa Fe library. There is an espresso shop and sushi restaurant on the premises.
Parking and weak Wi-Fi are included in the extra resort fee. The parking is next door in a public lot. They ran out of parking cards to get in and out of the garage after 5:30 p.m. As a result, one has to stop in front of the hotel, have someone run inside and find a staff member who can give you a card. After parking, the guest needs to return the card back to a staff member before entering their room.
Upon check in we immediately noticed the staff was harried, clueless and disorganized. We were escorted to our room, yet it was occupied and dirty. We were told we could leave our suitcases they would have it emptied, cleaned and ready for us in 30 minutes.
Our one window looked out to a brown wall, gravel and a couple small beshes. There is a day bed in the front room and a queen in the back bedroom. The bathroom is in between the two rooms. It has been redone recently, but the big shower head doesn’t put out a steady stream of water. In fact if another guest is showering, in a nearby room, the stream is a trickle. Also, the walls are thin, so you will hear when the neighboring guests are turning on their shower.
There is a small flat screen television in the back room, The décor is kitchy with a lot of gold, brown and rust colors..
Fortunately, the Queen size bed was comfortable and there is an overhead fan to circulate the air. Again, the walls are thin. My sister in law heard a couple in the next room arguing for quite some time..
It’s not a big hotel, but housekeeping didn’t freshen our room until almost 2:30 p.m.
If I ever come back to Santa Fe I would stay in the historic La Fonda on the Plaza for the same price and stellar amenities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Monmouth, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Luxx Plaza Hotel. We REALLY had a good time. We couldn’t check in until 4:00 PM but there was a festival going on in the Plaza so we had plenty to do. We found the room to be just what we needed. Good size, clean, and comfortable. Wide screen Google TV. Good sized fridge and microwave. The staff was very friendly. We had room number 8 and it was very quiet. Parking is nice in that it is in a locked parking garage next door. Easy walk. The Hotel is very close to the Plaza with a lot of great restaurants and shops. From what I saw this is not a full service hotel like a Doubletree or something but if you don’t need to be waited on this is the place. I highly recommend it. We absolutely plan on staying there again. It’s a 5 hour drive for us to get to Santa Fe and we plan on returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

First of all, I've seen a lot of reviews about the Luxx Hotel after I've booked it and was kind of scared to go there and did prepare for the worst!
But it was the coolest Hotel I've stayed during my vacation Road-Trip from TX to CA.
We've booked a double Bedroom for 4 (1 King and 2 Queen for the kids). When we arrived, the room wasn't available, so we got 2 separate rooms next to each other, which was great!
For the second night, we were moved into the room we've originally booked, the housekeepers moved the luggage, toiletries and all the stuff from the original room to the other one. When we came into the room, it was as we were never in an other, everything was placed exactly at the same place as it was in the old one. I have never seen something like this before and was very impressed!
The two bedrooms were separated with a door, every bedroom had it's large LCD-TV. The Wifi was fast and complementary.
Each room is styled differently, we had rooms 11/10 and 5 (second night). Everything was clean and had a fantastic smell, like "yankee candles" ... but we didn't saw any =)
All in all it was a fantastic stay in Santa Fee's Luxx Hotel, also the staff was very polite and helped us finding a nice restaurant and chatted a bit about our vacation. He was very sorry that we had to move to another room, but it was no problem for us.
The car park was in a multi story car park, so the car stayed cool all the time, also it was secured with fences and during daytime with a guard, so we didn't worry about it for a second!

Yes, the hotel is different then your "Best Western", but in a good way!
And if I would return to Santa Fe, I would defiantly stay again at the Luxx!

Room Tip: Room 10 has direct access to the jacuzzi, but it can be noisy (Room 11 too) when other guests enjoy...