“Luxx Plaza--Santa Fe's Marcy St. Sanctuary” 5 of 5 stars

Luxx Hotel
105 E. Marcy, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, NM
“Luxx Plaza--Santa Fe's Marcy St. Sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband & I have booked a week at the Luxx Plaza Hotel and are thoroughly satisfied with this beautiful designer hotel. From the moment of our arrival, we were greeted and treated with professionalism and utmost courtesy. The beauty of this hotel is beyond comparison, with thoughtfully decorated rooms (we are superbly comfortable in our little suite, complete with all new, high-end amenities, such as wide-screen cable/Google TV, WiFi, perfect medium sized fridge and microwave with attached broiler oven). When the overhead fan in our room was malfunctioning, the Luxx took care of it immediately and with great courtesy. There are so many wonderful features to this hotel, such as gorgeous art, a fabulous modern, yet classic and timeless charm, and beautiful, spacious lay-out to the hotel. It is exceptionally clean and comfortable and all of the staff members that we run into always take the time to say hello and ask us how we're doing. I am almost five months pregnant, and comfort is my utmost priority, and the Luxx has provided this like any 5-star hotel, though with much more intimacy and charm. If you're looking for a fairly-priced getaway for a high-end stay, then make sure you stay and tell your friends about the Luxx Plaza Hotel. We are so grateful for these charming amenities in such an incredible downtown location, with excellent rates. Thank you Alex and Edward for making our stay with you feel so much like home to us.

Room Tip: We were given a tour of the hotel, and were blown away by the uniqueness and majesty of every room h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Please don't stay here. The place is not clean, and their billing practices are disorganized at best and criminal at worst.

My wife and I made a reservation at Hotels.com. Our credit card was immediately charged for the full price of our stay (we discovered later) plus more than $40 a night in tax and "resort fees". The tax I can understand, but the approximately $25 in fees per night is complete BS - there was never any parking available in the lot we paid for, and there were no "amenities" that justified an extra fee.

After our stay, our CC was charged AGAIN for the same amount. When I contacted Gordon, the owner, he acknowledged that this was a duplicate charge, and promised to resolve it. He also promised to send me a copy of the bill enumerating the additional fees. I waited two weeks, but never heard from him again. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get the duplicate charge removed.

There was no record of our reservation when we showed up at the hotel, despite the fact that we had made it more then two months before. Once we found the "desk clerk" he managed to find a room for us, but there was a general feeling of disorganization.

I've traveled around the world, and stayed in some questionable places, but by any standards our room was DIRTY. From the bed, I could clearly see several sets of greasy hand prints on the wall, and clearly the room hadn't been vacuumed for some time. The bedding did appear to be clean, otherwise we would have tried to leave or get another room.

Overall, the feel of this place is more "college dorm crash pad" than "boutique hotel". The shared areas are dark and unappealing, and the kitchen was filled with dirty dishes. The location is good, and we thought that the price was right, but this is the worst place I've stayed in Santa Fe after many visits.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here at all. If you do, don't get a room in the back by the rear entrance a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Randolph, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

So I get to the hotel at 8:50 PM - I had a reservation. No one is there, There is a piece of paper on the external door with two phone numbers to call. First one is a local number; I try it and the answering machine picks up and says it is for a sound engineer or similar thing. I leave a message. Second number is a 603 area code, I try it and get no answer and leave a message. So now what? Fortunately there was a neighbor upstairs who was able to get a hold of the second person, and the "manager" called me and told me the code to enter for my room and the external door. The info I got from Southwest Airways said free Wifi - of course one needed a code and there was no one around to provide us with that. I did not see a staff member until the third day.
The room was clean, the location convenient, but expect nothing from the staff, including checking you in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Totally enjoyed this slice of LA style in a great Santa Fe location. The owner, Gordon personally thanked us for staying there. Loved our room..decorated in rich purple tones with animal prints accents. Good micowave/pizza oven & HDTV in room . Long staying guests have access to kitchen.If you want "Santa Fe Style" this is not the place.Marcy St is the ideal location!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet & have no view..New property..it all looks good
Edmond, Ok
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was not a good experience, the hotel was fairly clean but you could never find anyone when you needed them! I was explained to that it was a service yourself hotel basically. Do not book through Expedia because the prices they quoted and the price I was charged was $50.00 different with no resolve! It is close to the square which is all I can say for it! Yes, and I along with some of the previously visitors from this website met Gordon, whom I got no results from either when I called to inquire about the overcharge. He tells me they have a $20.00 lodging and parking fee plus some other charges not quoted by expedia! So folks looks like The Luxx needs to drop the fees raise there quoted fees and dispense with this silliness if they want to stay in business in Santa Fe!

Edmond, Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was a last minute decision to stay here! It was a very odd hotel, with a very relaxed if not 70's feel with a group of Hippies running it. Very nice people with very laid back attitude and but could notfind them whenwe need to check out. They called it self-check out we found out later. This hotel is set up to be a self serve. The rooms are clean, and very quiet, slept well, but very odd with a buddism appearance and decor. Not a bad place, but not my choice if I had other choices! Great location for downtown activties within walking distance.

scottsdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I had a last minute decision to weekend in Santa Fe forgetting that it was Balloon Fest in Albuquerque. All our usual favorite hotels were booked and we made the unfortunate decision to click through on Kayak.com and reserve two nights at the Luxx (at $250 a night).
Conveniently located at the intersection of Washington and Marcy, but with a parking lot that is nearly impossible to find , this warren of rooms surrounding a two story atrium had been a B&B and probably would be better off as one.
This is not “real” hotel in that there is no staff, no front desk and generally no one around to fix things. There are an equal number of parking spaces as rooms, so if anyone double parks you are out of luck. We ended next to a tree that limited entry into the car.
For $250/night you might be shocked to be assessed a $20 per “resort fee,” especially since this is not a resort. Among the “not’s”: no paper, no free coffee, no breakfast (there is a communal kitchen). Also, the A/C is turned off on 10/1, so despite Indian Summer you can’t cool the room. There is one window in the bedroom, but without a screen on a first floor room and the ceiling fan didn’t work (a fact know to management we learned). The room is dark and reading is difficult after the sun goes down.
Clearly this property is targeted to a different clientele than 60 something’s, but I can’t believe even the current generation would pay so much for so little. We’ll be more careful in making future reservations. This place is off the list.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any. All seem to be suites with sitting in front, bath middle and sleeping back...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxx Hotel? Share your experiences!