“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

105 E. Marcy, 105 E Marcy St, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #30 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

Staying at the Luxx has been such a pleasure. It is in the heart of Santa Fe with shopping, restaurants, parks and so much more literally seconds away. The posh unique design of the rooms gives a modern and trendy feel, yet the hospitality and warmth of the management and staff made me feel so comfortable- like I was in my own home. The Luxx will absolutely be my first pick anytime I'm in Santa Fe. I would and already have recommended the Luxx to all my friends and family!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

With a busy schedule and with a background in Hotels and Inns, I was intrigued by the concept behind Luxx Santa Fe. The proprietor, Gordon, was very accommodating and responsive to my initial inquiry for lodging and gave me a key less entry code for my room and the main entry. He processed my payment and I was set. This is not the resort style where you need coddling every step of the way. Luxx is ideal for those who can use thei brain and figure out things an their own, and use the web. Everything you could need is there, you just have to be will to do two things. First is create different expectations than you would at a resort and secondly, plan. If your looking for bell men, valet, room service... you will have to hire those people on your own. This is ideal for people who want to save time and money, but still have the creature comforts of location in a fresh, clean, modern style. Very efficient and brilliant concept. This has been an eye opening experience for me and I will use what I have learned here to streamline my travel whilst maintaining my affinity to the finer things.
Great Job Gordon. Stay at Luxx Santa Fe. I you will be inspired as I have.
Gratefully,
Greg Menke

Room Tip: Use your brain and your fingers. Plan for success.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Coming through in the off season, I secured a large, beautiful, clean and well-appointed room at an amazing rate. The property is in a prime location downtown within a few blocks of the best shopping, restaurants and nightlife Santa Fe has to offer. Guests are offered free use of the large and comfortable indoor lounge, the outdoor patio and jacuzzi, the beautiful professional kitchen as well as the laundry facilities. I was provided with ample fresh, clean high-quality towels and exceptionally comfortable high thread count sheets. A few of the rooms are currently in the process of being renovated, although I can't imagine what else they might need, already furnished with large end tables, desks, mini-fridge and toaster/microwave oven, as well as HD flat screen with blue-ray. This is a unique and funky hotel experience that fits Santa Fe perfectly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

me and my girl friend took a trip from Chicago to Arizona
we stayed in Santa Fe
Luxx Hotel provided us the best room. they took care of us
great rooms and great service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Electricity was off at this hotel through 10:45 pm on Christmas Eve for the night of our two night stay. Proprietor refused to credit our account when requested. We were forced to seek other accommodations. Our Christmas Eve celebration was ruined. Hotelier claimed it was an "Act of God" and The Luxx was not responsible for our loss or the inconvenience of having prepaid and being forced to purchase a room at the Hilton on top of the $300 we'd already paid to The Luxx. We have requested a credit from CitiBank as The Luxx still refuses to issue credit. The Luxx failed to provide accommodations as agreed.

• Stayed December 2010
gordonfree, Owner at Luxx Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
The guest chose to cancel there reservation "same day" on Christmas Eve because they heard the power was out" when in fact it was on when they arrived. In addition, our policies clearly state the following: "We are not responsible for “Act of God or City/State.” No refunds for weather, electrical, water etc." This is unfortunate because the guest never actually stayed at Luxx, however was disappointed that we "did not" refund their $ because they decided "not" to stay with us, therefore a "negative" review seems unreasonable. Anyway, the guest stopped by at 10pm on Christmas Eve & told our manager Gary that they heard the power was out so they did not want to stay. Gary informed them that the power was indeed on when they arrived and their suite was ready for them, however it appeared they booked another accommodation and chose not to stay. The reality was that we were 100% sold out & our policies "do not" allow cancellation less than 14 days. In addition, we offered the guest a furture credit, however did not hear back. We are "very" disappointed that this guest has not returned our calls, nor reply to our emails. Our goal & reputation is 100% satisfaction. Truth is that you can't win them all, although we continue to stive to! Gordon@luxxhotel.com (Owner/Designer)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

If you are traveling with your dog and you would like to stay in a fun, trendy place-this is it. Gary and Gordon are very accommodating in this clean, nicely renovated property. The rooms are decorated beautifully, the beds and pillows are really comfortable and it is quiet! There is fine dining just steps away and it is only one block to the plaza, but if you would like to cook at the hotel there is a fully stocked, restaurant quality kitchen for your use. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

My colleague and I had a great stay at this hotel. We quickly met much of the staff, and they were quick to help us with questions about the area and recommendations about what to do around town.

Our rooms were comfortable, spacious, and nicely decorated. The Luxx served as the perfect place to crash after a long day, and we'd be quick to come back. We loved that the hotel was just off the plaza, and within walking distance of great food, great shopping, and great attractions.

Additionally, the hotel attaches to an excellent coffee shop, which was an added perk on early mornings.

We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Luxx Hotel? Share your experiences!