“Walking Distance, Great Service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   646 Cerrillos Road, I-25 Exit 282 to Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Walking Distance, Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

So we needed an inexpensive, clean room for 4 nights while we attended a relative's wedding. I looked at the crazy expensive places that are available and decided I just needed the basics. That's what this motel provides, but with a level of customer service I have not seen in many expensive hotels.
The young ladies at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful, with Angela being a standout. The housekeeping staff did a thorough job, and was willing and able to accommodate our inconvenient schedule of when we were in the two rooms we rented. (Three children under the age of 3 meant we were constantly altering our need for a quiet room for naps, etc.)
Even the gardener was friendly and helpful.
This was a great choice for us at the right price (70.99 for Wed and Thurs, 75.99 for Fri and Sat).
I would stay again.
Oh, and the plaza is a 12 minute walk, if that... Can you beat it?

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Dear Guest, Motel 6 Downtown staff and I would like to Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our location. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We value our customer reviews to make our hotel the best for our guests. Also we work hard to do what we can and will certainly address your issues for a better future stay. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Downtown.
Sincerely Cynthia Mendoza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Yes, this is an older hotel and if you have to have brand new better book somewhere else. We were impressed with how clean it was and the location is excellent. We arrived at 9:00AM and were able to check into our room, we walked to the Plaza in less than 15 minutes and had a wonderful day in Santa Fe. Our stay was more about the city and all there is to see than about how old the hotel was. The staff was very nice. Good enough for us and what a beautiful city!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lawndale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this motel 6 due to location and price. It met both criteria.
When I showed up I was a little worried in that this place is worn down. A wall to the east was knocked down by a car. The door locks were old fashioned and rough to work. The only thing that was up-to-date was the office. When I entered a young girl was there. She didn't have much of a happy attitude. It was just as if she was there. There were opened boxes visible from behind the desk or trash. I know the owners or operators live behind the office in that a heavy waft of curry invaded the office and was over powering(It was still there when I checked out in the morning).
This should not happen in any motel or hotel.
The room looked as if it was between modern and old fashioned. Maybe they are trying to update. Found a little bit of black hair in my bed sheets. But, over all the room was fairly clean. This motel needs some work. And they have to work on there office manor.
Would I stay here again. Probably not. I would spend a little more for a better place if I was staying in Santa Fe for more than 1 night(I was just passing through).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Owatonna, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at Motel 6 near the Plaza several times in the last 20 years. You get what you pay for. I have found the rooms to be consistently clean, but worn around the edges. But when I am in Santa Fe I apply this bit of wisdom: sleep cheap, eat well. I do recommend bringing a few clothes pins to crimp the window treatments, as the air conditioner blows up into the drapes otherwise. It is an older property. The owners are making progressive improvements, but there are few frills. The great advantage of this hotel is its proximity to the Plaza and all that is historical Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Costing more than your average Motel 6, I thought this one might be a bit more "upscale" than the others, which I'm totally fine with, for what they market and provide (bare bones overnight accommodations). When we checked in, the room wouldn't even open, and even the staff couldn't get the door open. So they moved us to another room that was just fine. Overall it only slightly nicer than the average Motel 6 rooms. This hotel was within reasonable walking distance (about 1 miles) of the history downtown area of Santa Fe, so that's a plus. For the location, I suppose it wasn't a bad deal if you're looking to save a few $ on your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newport, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I don't have a poor opinion of Motel 6; it is a niche and does what it does fairly well -- provide low cost, bare bones but OK accommodations for the budget traveler. I had had this property recommended to me as the best motel for the budget price close to the Plaza. I was underwhelmed when I pulled in and saw an old and run-down small building. I had reserved months in advance due to mobility issues but when I checked in the girl at the desk not only didn't honor my reservation requests, she offered me no solution. She didn't apologize. She just stated, with no interest in customer service, that the only rooms fitting my criteria were king bed rooms. I said fine, I'll take one; I'll pay for the upgrade. She then said they weren't available. I asked how I would manage to get up the stairs and she replied she didn't know. Period. Well... once I did get up the old rusted staircase to the room it was an odd mix of "try to fix up" and run down. Marble sink, good wifi, worn bedcover, old furniture. It was fine but uninviting. I made it my business to be out of the room as much as possible. Even for the rate I don't think I'd stay again; it was not a good experience.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm any room requests.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
lubbock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

$150 for a room i was afraid i would catch lice or bed bugs! it was so dirty!!!! and the smell of stale smoke was beyond any dive bar i've ever hung out in! also, people were screaming, cussing and fighting out side our window with the management never doing anything!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Sincerely Cynthia Mendoza

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown? Share your experiences!