“Great stay for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown

You added Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   646 Cerrillos Road, I-25 Exit 282 to Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Great stay for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Not a Hilton, but an adequate choice for two mid-20 year olds. Very nice staff. The rooms were a little dated with minor damage but no major problems. It was very close to the downtown area with a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Plaza-Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
Motel 6 Downtown staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our location. We value our customers reviews to make our hotel the best for our guests. Also we work hard to do what we can and will certainly address your issues for a better future stay. We hope to see you soon thank you for choosing motel 6 Downtown

Cynthia M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights while visiting Santa Fe . The room was very clean. There is a Whole foods store nearby and a Kakawa chocolate house. This motel is close to downtown/plaza. Book your reservation online to get a better deal. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Our staff at Motel 6 Downtown and I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our location. We would like to let you know we really enjoyed having you as one of of guests and are happy your stay was enjoyable for you.
It is very much a pleasure to read all the positive comments you wrote about your stay.
We are very pleased to hear that you and your family will be staying with us again, and hope to see you soon. Thank you

Cynthia M.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Considering the location (walking distance to everything in downtown Santa Fe), this is a great hotel for the money. The rooms are not great (mild dis-repair), but the room is clean, the bed is comfortable and the hotel staff is very nice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would try to request a room away from the street... it is pretty busy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

First of all the name's a little deceiving. When I booked, I thought it would be great to have a hotel on or near the Plaza so I could enjoy some night life with a short walk back to the motel. Motel 6 Santa Fe plaza is actually 1 mile from the Plaza downtown. I really would not want to make the 1 mile walk back to the Motel after an evening at the Plaza. And there was little around to do within walking distance. Certainly no night life. The Motel is located on a main road, so there is a bit of traffic noise at night.

Other than being disappointed in the location (based on the name) this was an average Motel 6. A good value for the price. When you pay $39/night for a room, you really shouldn't expect too much. The room was clean, but a little cramped. I had the TV on the first night and within 20 minutes, it went to a full red screen with good audio. I was able to turn it off for a couple minutes to get the picture back, but it only lasted another 15 minutes. I called the office and they said Maintenance would look at it the following day as it was already 7pm. I later discovered that if I left it on the red screen for about 10 minutes, the picture would come back. The TV was replaced the next day as promised by the office staff. The rooms are a little worn and showing signs of age. Had I known the location was not near the Plaza I would have stayed at a Motel 6 on the south side of Cerrillos Road where I stayed last year. It seemed much newer and in better condition. The neighborhood seemed safe and nice enough.

Overall, I got what I paid for. This was a "value" trip and I stayed at a "value" Motel. If you're watching your budget and don't mind being further away from the Plaza than the name suggests, this Motel 6 will probably suit you fine. I had no major complaints.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a perfect weekend with great weather. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well stocked. It had a frig to put our drinks in. We really enjoyed our stay. Great parking. Within walking distance of downtown.
Great place!!!

Room Tip: Great place. Very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Sure beats the hastles and expense of the other hotels near the plaza when it's crowded in town with special things going on. My room looked like it had been fixed up recently with fairly new furniture.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chamisal, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed late November, there was a blob of dog barf on a bed! The bedding was thread bare. The internet was out all night (there was a storm). No coffee at 6am. The heat was fine but the door had daylight showing below. Rooms here are in desperate need of updating. Parking is tight and crowded but if you can park in front of your room it's great. No easy dog walk access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family