“Good Hotel with reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Addison, Texas
“Good Hotel with reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fairly new look. excellent style rooms. reasonable price . very spacious. TV is there and is very new. Breakfast is really good with freshly prepared. Breakfast is free which is a good thing. In total we loved this hotel. A must place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Greeted by Carmen who was very gracious. Explained all amenities. Complex appeared to be fairly new. Comfortable beds, clean and spacious room, and good working AC. We left early and did not get the breakfast. I would certainly come back. Also will look at this chain in other locations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Santa Fe Hyatt Place. Our room was VERY spacious, nicely furnished and very quiet. It had a large “L” shaped sofa instead of your typical shorter hotel sofa. The living and work areas were separated from the sleeping area with a partial divider. It was very clean, except for a small red wine stain on the carpet and a small stain on the sofa. We loved the huge walk-in shower (with great water pressure and a nice showerhead). But the walk-in shower means that there is no bathtub, so if a tub is important to you, you would want to inquire as to whether they have any rooms with tubs. Also be aware that there is not a microwave in the room (at least not in ours or in an accompanying relative’s room either). The free breakfast was okay, but we have had better and only ate there 1 of the 2 mornings. While they did offer cooked french toast as a choice that morning, it was not very flavorful and I would have preferred a do-it-yourself waffle maker, which they do not have. Also, the eating area was on the smaller side and was very crowded. On the plus side, they do have real plates and silverware, as opposed to disposable, which is a very nice touch.

While we were happy with our room, we were not happy with the service we received upon check-in. There were 2 employees behind the counter and no other guests present. One of the staff members was explaining something to the other staff member when we approached to check in. She kept talking to the other staff member for several minutes without acknowledging us at all (and yes, she could definitely see that we were standing there). When she finally decided to help us, there was no apology and she wasn’t friendly at all. It didn’t leave us with a good first impression of the hotel. However, I must say that the staff member who checked us out the morning that we left was very friendly (but failed to ask us how our stay was).

Overall, we liked this hotel, but they definitely need to train some of their front desk employees on how to deliver better and friendlier customer service and we felt like they could make improvements to their free breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We loved staying at Hyatt Place Santa Fe. We had a great experience. The free breakfast every morning was great. The hot options changed daily and there were plenty of choices for everyone to choose from. The front desk personnel were friendly. The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was a king size and very comfortable. Our daughter slept on the large "L" shaped couch and she loved it. Our only issue was that our neighbors were loud and liked running up and down the hallway. The hotel offers a shuttle that took us down to the plaza so we wouldn't have to find a parking spot in the busy area. It was great to not have to worry about finding a parking spot in the craziness of the plaza area. The parking at the hotel was also good. There were enough spots for everyone to park and although it seemed to be full there were always spots to park. We would stay here again if we get the chance to return to Santa Fe.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

after checking into hotel and putting all my belongings into the room I left with my teenage daughter to have dinner and explore downtown santa fe new mexico .I made sure my hotel room was secure and door closed when I left. Upon returning to my room my card would not work to open the door so I went to front desk to find out why I meet the manager on duty she explained my room was showing as vacant and they rented my room to someone else and when this person entered my room while I was gone and noticed my belongings in the room he informed the manager and she came into my room while I was gone to look. The manager acted like this was not a problem that a strange man was in my room while I was gone and that he could have grab my valuables and left with all of them or worse walked into my room while myself and 2 teenage daughters where changing clothes. The manager was rude not helpful at all acted like a strange man entering my room was not a big deal because he was someone who has stayed at the hotel before and even the employees didn't even recognize me from checking in and they where the ones checking me in giving me advise on where to go and eat somehow they lost my reservation in 3 hours time .This hotel needs to work on safety of the customers and customer service .After contacting Hyatts customer service they where more helpful and worked to resolve the issue .

Rye, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having traveled from New York via Chicago we have experienced many hotels on the way and this would rate as the best so far.
Clean, modern, friendly, and homey.
Great spacious rooms and the best breakfast so far.
If in Santa Fa this hotel is a must.

Stayed July 2014
freeport, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped for the night on a road trip to Colorado. The hotel staff were very nice, check in was hassle free and we got a room on the top floor as requested. We are a family of 5; 2 adults, 3 kiddos. We got a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. My 15 year old slept on the sofa bed and I will say that it was the most comfortable sofa bed I have ever laid on! I felt a little funny about the bathroom sinks being right in front of the beds, a bit weird of a set up. Also, the bathroom felt tiny while I was trying to change my clothes. In the morning, we were delighted to drink fresh brewed Starbucks coffee. The breakfast was normal hotel breakfast food. Overall, we had a comfortable stay. I can tell the hotel is a bit old, but it was kept very clean and our beds were immaculate.

Room Tip: Top floor room. Not footsteps heard above you.