“Nice rooms, good employees, terrible phone/reservation system.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Lansing, Michigan
“Nice rooms, good employees, terrible phone/reservation system.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with a group of relatives in town for a wedding. Although the bride and groom had made special arrangements with the hotel for a block of rooms, it took multiple calls to the Hyatt automated phone system to get a reservation, as well as at least 2 extra calls by the bride and groom to the hotel personnel. Something must be wrong with the Hyatt computer system when they can't handle a group of reservations or give adequate service. After arriving, however, the staff was fantastic and made up for the crummy reservation experience. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very nice. The evening manager was very pleasant on our first night when we were dealing with jet lag and the effects of the altitude change, and provided one of our party with a special request of corn flakes and a banana. Having the small restaurant service with hot food available all day was a wonderful feature of this hotel. Staff was helpful in directing us to the downtown area when we asked for some advice. It did seem somewhat short staffed at busy times of the day, since the front desk staff also took care of the dining area at times. I would definitely stay here again. It would be especially nice if Hyatt improved their computer reservation and phone system.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pacific Palisades
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel. Being a Diamond member, I received the kind of room I asked for and was allowed early check-in. The room was adequate and quiet, the bed was fine. Internet was extremely slow, DSL, and made it impossible to load pages or make a VOIP call or work on remote desktop. The staff offered a cable, with only one wall cable connection, which helped. They said that the connection "gets slow when there is a lot of people on the internet, morning and night." However, there were two of us, and two computers, not to mention our smartphones. So, the person with the cable had 'almost' adequate speed, while I suffered. This is not the place to go if you have serious internet business to do accomplish. It is extemely SLOW.

The other negative is that the staff, especially the males on the staff, walk around with their heads down and go out of their way to avoid eye contact. Who is training these people? I was never greeted with a "thank you for being a Diamond member" or asked about an amenity, etc.

Other than that, I liked the location and the room was quiet and good. THe one staff member I have to single out as being friendly and extremely helpful is an Asst Manager, Dianne.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back as this hotel is set back from a very busy highway. If you do get a room in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Hyatt Place in Santa Fe was relatively new and located close to major shopping centres with most of the shopping and restaurants you can think of. The room was clean and comfy. what surprised me the most of the breakfast. After having been on the road for over a week, it was very nice to have good hot breakfast with good knife and fork, and good plate. Very nice hot breakfast, with variety of fruit juice, milk, biscuit, beacon, eggs, etc. The breakfast was more like the one you got from a good fancy restaurant than a free continental breakfast from a hotel. Especially considering the reasonable price for the hotel, staying at the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe was one of the best deals I had for some time. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in a King Room. The Hotel is pretty new and has a nice modern feel to it. The staff was really nice and helpful. Had a problem with the TV and the staff came right away to help. Asked for a pizza place and was given several menu's. Ask for directions and they were provided. I also loved the breakfast bar which was well stocked. The hotel offered eggs, sausage, pancakes (french toast the next day), cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bagels, toast, coffee, various juices. I was simply great. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms was very clean. I absolutely loved the shower which could have accommodated 4 people (if you wanted to lol). I also like that they are environment conscientious. The close was a bit small but sufficient for my use. The hotel is not close to the downtown and sightseeing are but still in not far about a 10 - 15 minute drive. It is however close to several restaurants. The hotel offers a pool and hot tub as well as a workout center and office area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My initial room smelled very badly like body odor so I asked to be moved. Staff was very friendly and accommodating (I'll give them that!) and moved me to another room. Unfortunately that one smelled as well (even though it was on a completely different floor!), and the refrigerator was missing. It was late and I was tired so I decided not to request a third move. After taking a shower I was brushing my teeth when I noticed the water had a milky consistency to it - it was completely white and opaque. I called the front desk and was told not to worry about it and that it was normal for Santa Fe; however, when I asked the local family I was visiting they had no idea what I was talking about! My bathroom also had ants which was off putting. The combination of smell and ants made me question the cleanliness of the room overall. I stayed 4 days and I actually dreaded going back to my smelly and unclean room each evening. It really turned an otherwise delightful vacation into a somewhat so-so experience. It is also a quite a drive away from the plaza (20-30 minutes depending on traffic).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Santa Fe recently. Pay attention when trying to get there. Cerrillos Road run through town, but the hotel is not right on the road. You have to see the smallish sign or know that it is near Wagon Road and a tire place. The general manager met me on arrival. The hotel is clean and has a well lit parking lot. Very consistent with the better Hyatt Place locations I have visited.

• Stayed March 2014
Sundance, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I were in Santa Fe in January of 2014. We were there for five days. These are the friendliest, nicest people. Always willing to help out immediately. The rooms were very clean and I am a clean freak! If we are ever in Santa Fe again, this is the only place we would ever stay at.

Room Tip: I agree, unless you are looking for it, it is kind of hidden. They were redoing the spa and pool wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Santa Fe? Share your experiences!