“First time at a Hyatt Place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Hong Kong
“First time at a Hyatt Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a Diamond member with Hyatt and have stayed at the Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt brands in dozens of countries. Went to Santa Fe for vacation and decided to try Hyatt Place as the town does not have a Park or Grand Hyatt. Have to say, for an accessible priced hotel, it is not bad. AirCon stopped working twice in a week, but when I called, they came up immediately and fixed it. Room has a great sofa. I am a big room service person - they don't really have that...but their small Gallery in the lobby worked for snacks. Staff was very nice and helpful. Hyatt Place is a pretty good brand, although I prefer the greater level of service brands.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Okayiguess

Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were treated so well, and the hotel is new and wonderful. Our Suite with 2 queens had a divided area for us to relax and watch tv away from the kids in their beds at nap time or bed time. It was great.
There was a small fridge with a cabinet next to it perfect for our road trip food items to be kept out of the way.
We stayed for 4 nights, and never had any problems.

The breakfast is AMAZING...
So much better than the powdered eggs and cheap sausage at other places. It was almost gourmet. The fruit salad unfortunately tasted all like pinapples, but other than that the kids and adults were all excited about breakfast every morning. There were even items that my daughter with multiple food allergies could eat.

The indoor pool is small, but sufficient. And the front desk has some pool noodles and toys available if you ask.
They ran out of pool towels while we were there because they were completely booked for the holiday weekend, but as soon as they had some laundered, we got new ones for our room to replace the ones we used at the pool.

The breakfast area also serves food from a menu the rest of the day too... we got pizzas, and cheesecake. Very convenient since we didn't want to go out again.

It is just a couple intersections away from the movie theater, lots of restaurants, shopping, grocery and more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kara L
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were in Santa Fe for a night and stayed here. Very nice atmosphere, great customer service, clean and comfortable room. Breakfast was surprisingly good; especially considering it was the free one. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AmosMerritt
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is my first time at a Hyatt Place hotel, recommended by a friend who stays at these hotels regularly. I thought that it was one of the best hotels that I have come across in this category of mid-range, low service hotels in an edge of town location (there is a shuttle bus but we had a car so didn't use it). The pictures are very accurate, the pool area is lovely, the rooms are carefully thought out with modern styling. The entrance is welcoming and although the breakfast isn't five star hotel standard, I thought it was very good and more than I wanted. I especially appreciated the real knives and forks after a few hotels that had been drowning in plastic.

I noticed that the The Inn at 5 Graces in Santa Fe won an International best hotel award recently, so there are high standards and lots of competition in Santa Fe. At a fraction of the price of a high-end hotel, I found this Hyatt Place hotel more than met my needs for a one night stay whilst travelling. I'd be happy to return.

Room Tip: My room was probably on the quieter south side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank edinburghtraveller7
Spring Hill, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nice new property but won't stay here or at any Hyatt Place property again until they fix their online reservation system. I travel a lot and make 99% of my reservations online. They Hyatt Place web site now ask for arrival dates and departure dates expressed in a strange formatt requiring the arrival date to be expressed like this MMM/DD/YYYR. I figure the first field is for the month? Problem is I can't think of a month expressed in 3 digits? example May 05. If you try 05 or even 005. It kicks you out. What a stupid system. Too bad. I like Hyatt place, but other hotels have online systems so I will go there. Not the fault of Hyatt Santa fe of course, but more like a problem with some corporate IT guru.

Calling the hotel resulted in a phone tree and being disconnected. The call back resulted in a long wait on hold, transfer to national reservations and another disconnect. Just too hard to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kansascloud
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great room, comfy beds, large screen TV. Breakfast is adequate and it's nice they have a bar. I like Hyatt Place as it's always reliably comfortable, clean and very nice. Location requires you to drive if you want to be in the center of the sites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Saragc451
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We originally made the reservation for one night. When we arrived the lady at the desk whose name is Sandie Watkins was so accomodating that we decided to stay the entire week at the hotel instead of moving to a hotel closer to the plaza. Ms.Watkins is an outstanding representative for the Hyatt. I really hope they appreciate her.
Our next trip to Santa Fe will surely be spent at the Hyatt Place Santa Fe. The rooms are lovely, big and clean. Everyone right down to the maid that cleaned our room was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple