I like the Hyatt Place chain because it includes a sofa-bed so you can spread out. The Santa Fe unit is even more special because they have Queen beds (instead of doubles) so you can spread out more and will fit a family of 5 or 6 comfortably in one room.
In addition, they have windows that open. And microwaves in the lobby so you can get takeout, warm up food, indoor pool for the kids, and a shuttle to Santa Fe plaza and 2 blocks away from a nice Albertson's grocery store.
It also has the other standard Hyatt Place amenities: Free continental breakfast, free wifi, fitness center, meal service, cozy lobby, Portico toiletries and Aquafresh toothpaste, and free use of lobby computers.
It was a good base for our Santa Fe / Taos visit but there are a few definite cons:
1. Five minutes from I-25, but a little far from downtown Santa Fe and the Plaza (15-20 minutes drive). Located in the middle of busy road so not very touristy. You will need to drive everywhere.
2. Set back from the road a little so easy to miss (see photo).
3. All night gas station right in front so get a room in the back facing the mountain.
4. Alternated between oatmeal and biscuits for breakfast. So if you like one or the other every day -- you're out of luck.
Other than those small cons (which may or may not bother you) -- it was a very pleasant stay and met my expectations from the Hyatt Place chain.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe