“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Clara, California
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I and another couple stayed here a few nights. I like Hyatt Place and this location was very good. Clean room, quiet room location, friendly and helpful staff at the front desk and housekeeping. The breakfast selections could be improved, I like the breakfast sandwiches that other Hyatt Place hotels offer. Good selection of teas, coffee, and juices. The location was good for us, since we were going downtown as well as sightseeing around the areas out of town. The hotel is set off the road, with another business in front, so we didn't hear any road or car noise. If we come to Santa Fe again, we'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was a new hotel for me. Have been to Santa Fe many times, so I thought I would try this. I was with my three children, their spouses and children. The rooms were very clean, modern and great for children, or a business trip. The staff were so friendly, considerate and helpful. Everything we asked for was taken care of in a timely manner and with smiles on their faces. I particularly enjoyed working with Nicole as she helped me resolve a credit card issue, with much patience and helpful advice. I will definitely stay here again. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here while visiting friends in the area for several days. We had a 'mixed' experience of this hotel. First, the staff -- there were several front desk people who seemed altogether aloof, chatting amongst themselves, texting on their cells, and displaying other genuinely unprofessional behavior. Other front desk people were absolutely great! There was one front desk clerk named Vicky who did everything but come up and tuck us into bed! She voluntarily made us fresh coffee in the morning, gave excellent restaurant and area hiking recommendations, and even shared her knowledge of the western night sky with our young son, an amateur astronomer. Excellent staffer! Secondly, the rooms -- great layout, thoroughly cleaned, could use some maintenance here and there (scuffed walls, stained carpet). Third, the location -- good and bad, easy access to I-25, but 20 min to the plaza. Fourth, their continental breakfast -- overall okay selection. Seemed like they need to train their employees to refill and clean up a little better. Overall, we had a great time and would visit this property again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My new favorite hotel chain. Hyatt Place has exceptional service! This Hyatt place is modern, beautiful, clean, and the staff are friendly (almost too friendly). Our room was spacious although the positioning of the TV was a little awkward it worked. Be careful when you open the mini fridge it has a tendency to tip over. Great bathroom layout and good overall use of the space.

The location wasn't ideal, but it is close to shopping if you need anything. The staff one evening actually saved my life, my blood sugar was dropping and the evening on duty staff member whipped me up something at no charge (I must have looked really sick). Thanks for the great service.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the second floor, on of the the parking lot lights was just above our window. If...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and your kind comments! I am very pleased that you found the hotel and the service accommodating. We were delighted to have you as our guest, and look forward to your return.

Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Santa Fe for one night while traveling across country. It looks just like the Hyatt Place we have here so it was nice to see the consistency. Very clean, well appointed rooms. Nice cold AC during the heat wave we were experiencing. I would agree with another poster that the continental breakfast was very lacking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Please know that your comments regarding breakfast are being considered as we re-evaluate our breakfast offering.

I hope to see you again on your next trip!

Clovis, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First off, It was a very nicely decorated place and comfortable. The only thing I would recommend to the staff is to make sure you clean the rooms entirely to include the sheets on the sleeper sofa! They also need to fix the jacuzzi jets so they come on all the time since there seemed to have been a problem with the wiring when we were there. It took a while for it to finally turn on. I think they should also dim their lighting just a bit in the pool area since it is so bright and not relaxing at all. They also need to put more out on their continental breakfast...it was very slim pickin's. The shorthaired boy that was part of the night staff was a bit lazy and not friendly. He was making everyone else do his job and I think he needs more customer service training!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am very pleased that you chose the Hyatt Place while visiting Santa Fe. Thank you for your recommendations and suggestions. We sincerely appreciate your comments and give careful, serious consideration to all suggestions. Please be aware that your service concern has been addressed with the staff, and the matter has been resolved.

I hope that we will see you again whenever you visit Santa Fe. It would be our pleasure to serve you anytime!

Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at a number Hyatt Places across the US and they are pretty much a standard floor plan. However, we were put in a room "around the corner" and it was a great room. It was large and the bathroom was offset. If you have stayed at a Hyatt Place before, you know this means when your partner gets up, the lights are not shining in your eyes. We were pleased with the variety of fresh fruit in the morning for breakfast. The pool area was clean and the hot tub was "hot". The staff had great ideas for the Santa Fe area as well as some links to use. On our departure morning, we left very early and the front desk made fresh coffee for the "road" as we checked out. The hotel is on the outskirts of town near IH25 and about a 10 to 15 minute drive to the Plaza area. It is also across the street from both the City and State Police stations but I did not hear either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and your comments. We were delighted to have you as our guest, and look forward to serving you again soon!

Amy Moriarity

Been to Hyatt Place Santa Fe? Share your experiences!