“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 425 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Caribbean, African
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: African and Caribbean dishes and specialties from award-winning Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 5 years. We serve vegetarian and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. Locating in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of parking.
Houston, Texas
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was in Santa Fe on a business trip and discovered Jambo Cafe. I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw it was in a strip mall - and my GPS wasn't even sure where it was located. But what a discovery! The food was amazing. I had the beef kabobs and enjoyed every bite. I heartily endorse the restaurant, and will absolutely go back when in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jamaica
“Best restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is the best restaurant to go to while in Santa Fe. The food is excellent. The servings are generous and the owner was wonderful. Ordered the steak and stewed pork. Do not miss.

Visited August 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Caribbean in a strip mall? Really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Crowded any time you come here so plan to spend a little quality time. The food is incredible. I had the jerk chicken on red beans and rice with fried plantains. The jerk seasoning was just right, a little bite but not overpowering. Blended with the sweet of the caramelized plantains, well, you get the idea: spicy and sweet at its best. So don't turn up your nose at a strip mall at the corner of Cerrillos and St. Michaels. Drive there will all due haste.

Even busy as this restaurant is, wait staff took time to talk to you, ask you about the food, try to talk you into dessert. Friendly place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale
“Afican/ Caribbean cuisine at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My brother took us to a restaurant that we would not have chosen on our own (lucky us). The Jambo Café defies any preconceived thoughts you may have had about African cuisine. The salads were fresh and thoughtfully prepared with an excellent pomegranate dressing; the beef kabobs were prepared perfectly with a pomegranate sauce. Both the coffee and the wine were well served and very tasty. We will return,

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas
“Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was some good food! No talking was involved because we were too busy eating. I had found this place online v while in Albuquerque and made the short drive to Santa fe and glad we did. My girl had the platter with some type of bread oh my god my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I had the chicken curry and rice that was delicious..nothing but a great visit. Oh yea there's a store right next door with all kinds of product from Africa really nice.