“African food in New Mexico!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 414 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, African
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A fusion of East-African and Carribean cooking from Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 5 years. We serve vegetarian and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. Locating in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of parking.
Denver
“African food in New Mexico!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great value for your money with an interesting menu. The Cafe is in a strip mall on Cerrillos Road. It was fully packed on Thanksgiving eve. Wait staff were attentive and witty.

Visited November 2012

Ventura, California
“You Gotta Try It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a great little place. Incredibly friendly, helpful and funny people. Every member of the staff we met did his or her best to make us feel welcome.

The eclectic menu had something for everyone. The servings are huge. Probably the best curry and jerk sauced food I've ever had. We were a party of 10 and everyone was delighted with the food.

It's not fancy. It's not expensive. It's a place you have to try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
“I live in SE Oklahoma, and have driven to Jambo's twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travelled to Santa Fe in July and ate the curry chicken and loved it. My friend had chicken kabobs that were moist and flavorfull.... I passed thru Santa Fe again in Novemeber, dined with my husband and teen son. I again ordered curry, Just as i remembered, it was delicious. My husband had beef tenderloin that was marinated in pomegranit. I should have ordred that, too! My son was feeling adventurous, and ordered goat stew.
Jambo's food has layers of flavor that I just can't find in any other restaurant...anywhere!!!!
I enjoyed the art on display.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Campbelltown, PA
“Friendly service, delicious food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I had the curried chicken wrap with sweet potato fries...it is hard to order anything else because it is THAT good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“A good Change of Pace for Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We tried Jambo Cafe last week. The food was a nice change of pace for what is offered in Santa Fe. My girls loved their coconut curry chicken. I had jerk chicken with cumin fries. I thought the food was tasty. The service was friendly, nice and fast. The atmosphere was also very pleasing. I would recommend this place, especially if Caribbean/African food is your thing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere