Spectacular Views, Solitude and Santa Fe Charm

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Dave B
Edmonton, Canada
“Ideal basecamp for touring Santa Fe region.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

A high quality rental property with your own living room and kitchen for the price of a hotel. For the two of us this was an ideal property that was accurately described by the owners. Serving as our base-camp it allowed us day-trips around the region, returning ‘home’ to a quiet evening to watch the sunset. Within Santa-Fe the parking and concierge service at El Farolito was a huge benefit. Helpful recommendations of places to see and eat with bonus of fresh coffee and cookies to snack on while you wait. If you bring your mountain bikes there is a great trail system about 5 min drive from the property (La Tierra trails) and the city of Santa Fe itself is quite bike friendly. A very positive experience.
Our trip landed in April with unpredictable weather so we had extra coats, the one closet and no washer/dryer in your casita may be the only slight drawback. (It did not impact our trip, but if staying more than 2 weeks next time we'd certainly inquire about laundry service )
Again Very positive experience and if we find ourselves in Santa Fe we'll book again.

Your age range 35-49
Teresa H
Anaheim, California, United States
“My new found sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

After arriving and doing the brief walk through with Walt on the property I glanced at the inside of the Casita walked to the door and had an immediate moment. As I was standing in the door way taking in the amazing view, a breeze came out of nowhere and this soft gust of warm air passed through me and my eyes immediately well up with tears. I knew then I had found my sanctuary. I arrived alone and was able to take in the solitude this location provides in that short time I had prior to my mom’s flight. My mom flew in the next day and although it was a nice mother-daughter get away that time I had alone was what I was looking for. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a place to unwind and relax or simply to do some soul searching and appreciate tranquility this is the place to book. The casita was beautiful and nicely decorated. One of the big must have items on my list when booking was to have the convenience of a kitchen so I could unwind and enjoy doing absolutely nothing with the exception of making myself a nice meal daily. With downtown Santa Fe 15 minutes away, I was able to enjoy my days walking around the shops, experiencing a few food tours and still be able to come back and feel like I was arriving home. You can tell the owners take pride in what they provide.
As a recent guest I am truly grateful and can’t thank you enough for what you and your casita did for me. When life gets to hectic and it’s time for another stress free get away this is definitely my new location to escape from reality and place where I can just breathe.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The amazing view.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Lewis1951
Indianapolis, Indiana
“beautiful apartment with lovely views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

wonderful covered terrace with view of mountains; beautiful aparment; spotlessly clean; gracious hosts. We will go back!

5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A romantic getaway
Erika S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A perfect vacation rental, secluded but close to town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

We were looking for a hotel or B&B between Christmas and New Year's and couldn't find anything affordable. We stumbled upon this vacation rental, which, for the cost of some hotel rooms, we got our own suite - kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom. The place had gorgeous views, and had all the amenities we could ask for. A huge plus was being able cook our own meals in the small but well-stocked kitchen, and relax inside by the fire rather than having to go out every night. The jacuzzi bathtub was also a special treat after a long day of hiking. Not too far into town if you have a car. The owners, Walt and Wayne were wonderful to work with, and were a huge source of information about the surrounding area.

Your age range 25-34
$135
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
A. W
Speaks English
Listed since : Jan 2010
Response Rate: 75 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing