“Amazing stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Amazing stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

When we walked in, there was a conference occurring, and it was a bit overwhelming with people walking around, my thought was that we were going to be lost in the crowd. I couldn't have been more wrong. The front desk was AMAZING, I think Karen was her name (I hope it was because she was SOO great), but she quickly greeted us to the Hotel, she pulled up our reservations and we found out we had been upgraded as a courtesy to a suite. She was so pleasant, giving us a map of the property, explaining how the shuttle ran and even giving us some recommendations for some fantastic places to visit. I was really impressed with her customer service. Then we went up to our room and I was blown away with how beautiful the room was. There was two TV's, the bed was so comfortable and everything was super clean. My husband and I went down to the pool and there was cucumber water to sip on while we relaxed by the pool. When we came back up there was a sweet little basket with a couple apples and cookies and a hand written note, thanking us for our stay. It was the sweet touches like this that really impressed me. The kindness of the people working there and the beautiful hotel absolutely has my recommendation.

Room Tip: I have only been there once but the room we stayed in was the Picuis Jr Suite, it was so clean, we s...
Green Features: The Hotel is definitely enviromentally-friendly. There are signs in the bathroom and by the elevators about the water conservation. It was refreshing to see that they care about the environment, especially living in NM ourselves and knowing the importance of saving water when we can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you in return for such an “amazing” review and your kind and gracious compliments are so greatly appreciated and encouraging.

We do not have a Karen at the Front Desk, so it must have been Victoria or Alyssa or Antoinette or Frances?! But hopefully they all equally care for our guests such as yourselves!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
bay area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were on a girlfriends trip to Santa Fe. The hotel staff was so warm and friendly that we would recommend this hotel to anyone in a blink. The hotel shuttle service was a blessing. It took us around the plaza and nearby places. The room was nice and clean. The onsite Spa was excellent. The staff actually suggested lot of fun places for us to visit. The food at the restaurant onsite was excellent. Room service was excellent.
All in all I would like to say that we all had a great time at the Hotel and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the room in Hacienda is big and bathroom spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you ladies for staying with us and I am so happy to know you had a fun time and that we took good care of you.

Your recommendation is wonderful! Thank you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently stayed here on our family vacation. Beautiful hotel. Our suite was wonderful. Even though it was June, we got to use the fireplace while we were there. Our butler Lubo was fantastic. The hotel is quiet and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the big soaker tub with its own television. We all had a very relaxing stay while we were there. And we loved the hotel shuttle!!

Stayed June 2014
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that Lubo especially took good care of you.

Please come back soon. The shuttle/taxi await you!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We came down from Colorado for a nice little weekend getaway. I am glad that we picked this hotel. From the moment we walked in everything just seemed wonderful. The front desk staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The room we had was the Picuris Suite Jr. It was very clean, updated and spacious. Our room faced the pool on the second floor and had a little balcony. It really is a little balcony. 2 people max could fit on ours. One chair comfortably. But cant really complain because a lot of places don't even have the option of outdoor space. One thing i did however not enjoy was the air conditioning unit. Maybe it was just in our room, but every time the air came on the vent made a noise and with it being right above the bed woke me up a few times. The pool was great. It did get pretty crowded around 10:30 am and all the chairs and tables filled up pretty quick. It was a Saturday, but I would recommend getting there a little early for a lounge chair. Overall this was such a great little hotel that I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming down form Colorado and staying with us.

I am so pleased to know that we took good care of you but apologies for the noisy air conditioning unit - hopefully you told us about it and it has been fixed.

Many thanks for your recommendation and hopefully you will come down from the glorious mountains of Colorado and visit us again soon!

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After spending a lot of time looking for a hotel in Santa Fe to spend my birthday in May I chose the Santa Fe Hacienda Hotel and Spa. I called ahead to order a flower arrangement and fruit basket for a little birthday treat.The flowers were amazing and very beautiful. We arrived a day early and were upgraded to a suite and it was very nice. Clean and comfortable, We brought our own coffee pot as I knew that they did not have one in the room. We drove from Colorado and had a cooler for day trips to Taos.The staff was very nice when we asked their advise on where to go shopping. My friends had suggested another hotel and after driving by it I am glad we chose The hacienda. It was quaint and quiet and very relaxing. I spent time at the pool and enjoyed the beautiful trees. We even used the free transportation. I would go back again to stay at this fine little hotel. There were so many places to eat that we never ate at the hotel.Maybe next time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Belated birthday greetings to you! Many thanks for taking the time to write to tripadvsior.com with your kind comments which are both appreciated and encouraging.

Please do dine with us next time and we hope to see you again soon.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were in Santa Fe for a combined business trip/weekend getaway. The room is very comfortable with nice linens and a comfortable bed. What makes the Hacienda great is the service. The team at the breakfast, happy hour and the concierge work hard to make your trip a great one. Their recommendations were spot on. My husband raved about the great water pressure in the shower. The pool area is quiet and restive. The location near the railyard section of town is really convenient to the square with enough distance away from it. We did find a better room rate online that the front desk couldn't match. It worked out fine though as I just booked that rate in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind words and I am so happy to learn that we took such good care of you. Your comment regarding room rate is a concern as we should always match the rate online but thank you for bringing that to my attention - it shall be fixed!!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Benicia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed in the Hacienda and Spa side of the hotel, in the suites. I agree with the last few reviews submitted. This is a very nice place to stay. I also appreciate the management commenting on every TripAdvisor post. That shows a willingness to listen and a sensitivity to how important internet feedback can be.

Observations: The quietest place, I have ever stayed. Great bed, clean, comfortable room, nice staff, nice continental breakfast, NY Times delivered to every room, easy to walk to town, free shuttle.

As for changes I would suggest for consideration: Wash the windows, that kind of kills the otherwise high class feel. Also and this is just my personal opinion, but the drab brown southwest paint inside the rooms is kind of to bland. How about trying some color. Just a thought.

Would I recommend staying? Yes definitely.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments and your concern regarding our windows is certainly valid - overlooked! And will be worked upon!

Your recommendation to tripadvisor.com guests is appreciated and I am glad you noted the personal responses that I try to provide. Thank you!!

xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Been to The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!