“Wonderful stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently stayed here on our family vacation. Beautiful hotel. Our suite was wonderful. Even though it was June, we got to use the fireplace while we were there. Our butler Lubo was fantastic. The hotel is quiet and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the big soaker tub with its own television. We all had a very relaxing stay while we were there. And we loved the hotel shuttle!!

Stayed June 2014
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that Lubo especially took good care of you.

Please come back soon. The shuttle/taxi await you!!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We came down from Colorado for a nice little weekend getaway. I am glad that we picked this hotel. From the moment we walked in everything just seemed wonderful. The front desk staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The room we had was the Picuris Suite Jr. It was very clean, updated and spacious. Our room faced the pool on the second floor and had a little balcony. It really is a little balcony. 2 people max could fit on ours. One chair comfortably. But cant really complain because a lot of places don't even have the option of outdoor space. One thing i did however not enjoy was the air conditioning unit. Maybe it was just in our room, but every time the air came on the vent made a noise and with it being right above the bed woke me up a few times. The pool was great. It did get pretty crowded around 10:30 am and all the chairs and tables filled up pretty quick. It was a Saturday, but I would recommend getting there a little early for a lounge chair. Overall this was such a great little hotel that I would stay at again and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming down form Colorado and staying with us.

I am so pleased to know that we took good care of you but apologies for the noisy air conditioning unit - hopefully you told us about it and it has been fixed.

Many thanks for your recommendation and hopefully you will come down from the glorious mountains of Colorado and visit us again soon!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After spending a lot of time looking for a hotel in Santa Fe to spend my birthday in May I chose the Santa Fe Hacienda Hotel and Spa. I called ahead to order a flower arrangement and fruit basket for a little birthday treat.The flowers were amazing and very beautiful. We arrived a day early and were upgraded to a suite and it was very nice. Clean and comfortable, We brought our own coffee pot as I knew that they did not have one in the room. We drove from Colorado and had a cooler for day trips to Taos.The staff was very nice when we asked their advise on where to go shopping. My friends had suggested another hotel and after driving by it I am glad we chose The hacienda. It was quaint and quiet and very relaxing. I spent time at the pool and enjoyed the beautiful trees. We even used the free transportation. I would go back again to stay at this fine little hotel. There were so many places to eat that we never ate at the hotel.Maybe next time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Belated birthday greetings to you! Many thanks for taking the time to write to tripadvsior.com with your kind comments which are both appreciated and encouraging.

Please do dine with us next time and we hope to see you again soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were in Santa Fe for a combined business trip/weekend getaway. The room is very comfortable with nice linens and a comfortable bed. What makes the Hacienda great is the service. The team at the breakfast, happy hour and the concierge work hard to make your trip a great one. Their recommendations were spot on. My husband raved about the great water pressure in the shower. The pool area is quiet and restive. The location near the railyard section of town is really convenient to the square with enough distance away from it. We did find a better room rate online that the front desk couldn't match. It worked out fine though as I just booked that rate in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind words and I am so happy to learn that we took such good care of you. Your comment regarding room rate is a concern as we should always match the rate online but thank you for bringing that to my attention - it shall be fixed!!

Benicia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed in the Hacienda and Spa side of the hotel, in the suites. I agree with the last few reviews submitted. This is a very nice place to stay. I also appreciate the management commenting on every TripAdvisor post. That shows a willingness to listen and a sensitivity to how important internet feedback can be.

Observations: The quietest place, I have ever stayed. Great bed, clean, comfortable room, nice staff, nice continental breakfast, NY Times delivered to every room, easy to walk to town, free shuttle.

As for changes I would suggest for consideration: Wash the windows, that kind of kills the otherwise high class feel. Also and this is just my personal opinion, but the drab brown southwest paint inside the rooms is kind of to bland. How about trying some color. Just a thought.

Would I recommend staying? Yes definitely.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments and your concern regarding our windows is certainly valid - overlooked! And will be worked upon!

Your recommendation to tripadvisor.com guests is appreciated and I am glad you noted the personal responses that I try to provide. Thank you!!

xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Pollock, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe is amazing!!! This was our first trip and we will definitely be back. The staff is top notch and willing to help with whatever we needed. The Hacienda rooms are a little more expensive but well worth the money. We had a great complimentary breakfast in the mornings and a happy hour each evening with a good assortment of wines, beer, cheeses and crackers. The Butler staff is great too! They cater to your every whim and did an exceptional job pressing some of my clothes. The location is great and within walking distance to many attractions. And if you don't feel like walking the hotel offers a local shuttle service which we used several times. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to and from the Santa Fe airport. Also one thing we noticed was how quiet the Hacienda side of the hotel was which made our stay very peaceful. The hotel has a small bar but has a good selection of spirits, wine and beer. The Amaya restaurant inside the hotel has really good food. Overall I can't say enough great things about this hotel. The only thing I wanted to utilize but could not was the hot tub. I assume it was closed due to coming out of the winter season.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Your “amazing” review is greatly appreciated and so very encouraging to us all! Thank you so much for taking time to write to tripadvisor.com and we all hope that you will return one day soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The overall quality of this hotel is very nice. The staffs are very friendly, the hotel is very beautiful, the location is great. We had a room with a fireplace inside which was very nice. The not very good thing about this hotel is its breakfast. It's pretty bland and boring and I wish they served something better and changed once in a while (we stayed there four days and every day was the same) Also, this is very important, they will charge you in advance for one night for deposit (which when I called hotels.com they do not have this policy and no one ever told me about this policy either until I found out from my AMEX) so make sure you are aware of this issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
PaulMargetson, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
It has been our custom for man years, just like the airlines! But our apologies that this was not brought to your attention when you were making your reservation!

And yes, we do need to add variety to our breakfast offerings and we will work on that.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Been to The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!