“Great Hotel, pity about the amenity charge” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   537 S Guadalupe St., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #14 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Franschhoek
“Great Hotel, pity about the amenity charge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a really good stay at the Hacienda. The rooms are very well appointed and the staff service is excellent with great attention to detail. We especially liked the evening bed turn down and bathrooms.
However one thing that really irked us was the amenity charge which is automatically added to the bill. Whilst the amenities are excellent, this is a hidden way of advertising one room price whilst at the same time charging a significantly higher price for the room. In our case we arrived late in the afternoon and left the next morning so many of the things we were forced to pay for could not be used.
This is an excellent hotel which can justify advertising the higher price including the amenity charge, particularly as we stayed in the Haciendas, which in any event offer a lounge and breakfast included.
Without this hidden charge I would have rated it as 5 star experience without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Please accept my apologies that you were not made aware of the A.R.T. Fee either when making your reservation and/or at check-in.

It is indeed a common practice in the industry these days. Nonetheless, I do thank you very much for staying with us and hopefully next time you will take advantage of the Amenities, Resources and Transportation available.

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Hacienda Spa was an excellent choice for us. We arrived on February 26th early in the morning. When we told them that we had plans to travel to Taos for the day, the front desk was extremely helpful giving us information for our day. When we returned from the LONG day.. we were greeted by our "butler". He took us to our room. It was absolutely lovely. Spacious, clean, with a balcony and fireplace. The bathroom was large..absolutely no complaints. Next, it was happy hour. SO we once again met the "butler" on the 6th floor for cocktails, cheese and crackers... a roaring fire ... and nice guests to mingle with. A perfect way to chill before going out for dinner.
I did have a broken hairdryer.. They replaced the hairdryer within 10 minute of the call to the front desk.
The free shuttle drove us to the downtown area. What more could anyone ask for. This was the perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your kind words and I am delighted to learn we took good care of you and you enjoyed your stay!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Once again my husband and I visited Santa Fe for Valentines Day. Of course, The Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe is our hotel of choice. For the third time they certainly didn't disappoint.
My husband spent Friday morning on a business outing which opened up time for me! Gladys gave me most amazing facial in the Spa. Their products of choice are excellent. Ronald Roybal returned Friday and Saturday evening to play his amazing guitar and Native American flute(s) in the bar/lounge while the inviting and cozy fireplace warmed the room. Service is outstanding and staff is always friendly. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else.
Oh, I can't forget Thomas! Our shuttle driver gave us amazing recommendations of where to go for something different. Thank you, Thomas...we loved Vanessi's! What fun!

Room Tip: Stay in The Hacienda. Lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thomas is indeed “a treat” and invariably epitomizes “hospitality”. He is always so happy and his colleagues are also invariably a delight (I hope!). Many thanks for staying with us again and I have passed on your kind words to everyone - especially Ron and Thomas.

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
N Richland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Having stayed at this uniquely Native American and southwest hotel for many years the atmosphere never disappoints. It feels like returning to my own time share. Love the unique fireplace as I drink complimentary morning coffee or enjoy an evening drink and dessert. The staff are friendly and responded after my visit to my comment about how much I missed the twin sofas in front of the fireplace and how horrific and out of place were the new wing back chairs in front of the fireplace. He even offered a refund when I told him I was surprised about the new amenity fee of which I used none of the "amenities" included. Recommend this hotel for its location, lobby, restaurant, and the staff, many of whom have been there for years.

Stayed February 2014
We all agree that the two chairs at the fireplace have to go and they will be replaced soon! We promise!

There are, however, more changes to come with new carpet and sofas will return (but not at the fireplace).

Thank you for staying with us over the years and we all hope that you will enjoy the changes to come!!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our stay was such a pleasant surprise. The architecture and decorating fully represents the Santa Fe ambiance. The shuttle is like having your own limo service. We booked one night in the Jr Suite and it was lovely. Our next visit to Santa Fe we will book several days and take advantage of all the amenities including spa facility, lounge, outdoor pool area and patio. Both menu's in restaurant and lounge look great. My husband and I look forward to staying at Hotel Santa Fe next time we visit and cannot wait to book our next visit. We love Santa Fe and now we have a second reason to love our visits.

Room Tip: We loved our Jr. Suite on the first level. Just out the door was the pool area. Just down the hallw...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
And we cannot wait for you to return! Thank you so much for staying with us and I am so delighted to know that we gave you such a “pleasant surprise”. Please com back soon - “we love you too”!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked this room for a weekend getaway. We were upgraded to a Jr King Suite which was very nice of them at no extra charge! The room was spacious, TV's were very tiny, fireplace was lovely! The room was fairly quiet, although slamming doors were heard even with the bedroom door closed inside the suite. There were a few things that were off: wall hanging was hanging off the wall when we got there (we fixed it), fruit in welcome basket looked a little old and on colored tissue paper not a napkin, curtains in bedroom were broken and the bed was extremely hard. There was a complimentary self serve happy hour which was nice although the promised beer and cash bar were no where to be found; just wine, coffee/tea, water and cheese and crackers. We did not utilize the butler at all but nice touch, although the one time we met him he seemed a little stressed and rushed. All in all we probably wouldn't stay here again but it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I am distressed to learn that you only had a “nice stay” as we do sincerely try to take care of all our guests. Certainly the shortcomings you pointed out are unacceptable and we should certainly do better. Please accept my apologies!

I assure you we can do better, so please give us another chance!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. I have stayed at many 5 Star hotels but none were as comfortable as this hotel. You cannot beat the service at this hotel. The housekeeping staffs clean our room three times in the same day. I have never been to a hotel where the staffs are so nice and friendly. Book this hotel. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you can.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Very many thanks for your kind words. I am so glad to know that we took such good care of you! Please come back soon.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.

Been to The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!