“The perfect hotel in Santa Fe..Hacienda SPA...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Raton, Florida
“The perfect hotel in Santa Fe..Hacienda SPA...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Hacienda Spa was an excellent choice for us. We arrived on February 26th early in the morning. When we told them that we had plans to travel to Taos for the day, the front desk was extremely helpful giving us information for our day. When we returned from the LONG day.. we were greeted by our "butler". He took us to our room. It was absolutely lovely. Spacious, clean, with a balcony and fireplace. The bathroom was large..absolutely no complaints. Next, it was happy hour. SO we once again met the "butler" on the 6th floor for cocktails, cheese and crackers... a roaring fire ... and nice guests to mingle with. A perfect way to chill before going out for dinner.
I did have a broken hairdryer.. They replaced the hairdryer within 10 minute of the call to the front desk.
The free shuttle drove us to the downtown area. What more could anyone ask for. This was the perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words and I am delighted to learn we took good care of you and you enjoyed your stay!

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Once again my husband and I visited Santa Fe for Valentines Day. Of course, The Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe is our hotel of choice. For the third time they certainly didn't disappoint.
My husband spent Friday morning on a business outing which opened up time for me! Gladys gave me most amazing facial in the Spa. Their products of choice are excellent. Ronald Roybal returned Friday and Saturday evening to play his amazing guitar and Native American flute(s) in the bar/lounge while the inviting and cozy fireplace warmed the room. Service is outstanding and staff is always friendly. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else.
Oh, I can't forget Thomas! Our shuttle driver gave us amazing recommendations of where to go for something different. Thank you, Thomas...we loved Vanessi's! What fun!

Room Tip: Stay in The Hacienda. Lovely
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thomas is indeed “a treat” and invariably epitomizes “hospitality”. He is always so happy and his colleagues are also invariably a delight (I hope!). Many thanks for staying with us again and I have passed on your kind words to everyone - especially Ron and Thomas.

thu xonn chiimen iy a whachii wye wye - May Your Travels Bring You Back Soon
N Richland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Having stayed at this uniquely Native American and southwest hotel for many years the atmosphere never disappoints. It feels like returning to my own time share. Love the unique fireplace as I drink complimentary morning coffee or enjoy an evening drink and dessert. The staff are friendly and responded after my visit to my comment about how much I missed the twin sofas in front of the fireplace and how horrific and out of place were the new wing back chairs in front of the fireplace. He even offered a refund when I told him I was surprised about the new amenity fee of which I used none of the "amenities" included. Recommend this hotel for its location, lobby, restaurant, and the staff, many of whom have been there for years.

Stayed February 2014
We all agree that the two chairs at the fireplace have to go and they will be replaced soon! We promise!

There are, however, more changes to come with new carpet and sofas will return (but not at the fireplace).

Thank you for staying with us over the years and we all hope that you will enjoy the changes to come!!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our stay was such a pleasant surprise. The architecture and decorating fully represents the Santa Fe ambiance. The shuttle is like having your own limo service. We booked one night in the Jr Suite and it was lovely. Our next visit to Santa Fe we will book several days and take advantage of all the amenities including spa facility, lounge, outdoor pool area and patio. Both menu's in restaurant and lounge look great. My husband and I look forward to staying at Hotel Santa Fe next time we visit and cannot wait to book our next visit. We love Santa Fe and now we have a second reason to love our visits.

Room Tip: We loved our Jr. Suite on the first level. Just out the door was the pool area. Just down the hallw...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
And we cannot wait for you to return! Thank you so much for staying with us and I am so delighted to know that we gave you such a “pleasant surprise”. Please com back soon - “we love you too”!

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked this room for a weekend getaway. We were upgraded to a Jr King Suite which was very nice of them at no extra charge! The room was spacious, TV's were very tiny, fireplace was lovely! The room was fairly quiet, although slamming doors were heard even with the bedroom door closed inside the suite. There were a few things that were off: wall hanging was hanging off the wall when we got there (we fixed it), fruit in welcome basket looked a little old and on colored tissue paper not a napkin, curtains in bedroom were broken and the bed was extremely hard. There was a complimentary self serve happy hour which was nice although the promised beer and cash bar were no where to be found; just wine, coffee/tea, water and cheese and crackers. We did not utilize the butler at all but nice touch, although the one time we met him he seemed a little stressed and rushed. All in all we probably wouldn't stay here again but it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I am distressed to learn that you only had a “nice stay” as we do sincerely try to take care of all our guests. Certainly the shortcomings you pointed out are unacceptable and we should certainly do better. Please accept my apologies!

I assure you we can do better, so please give us another chance!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. I have stayed at many 5 Star hotels but none were as comfortable as this hotel. You cannot beat the service at this hotel. The housekeeping staffs clean our room three times in the same day. I have never been to a hotel where the staffs are so nice and friendly. Book this hotel. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you can.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Very many thanks for your kind words. I am so glad to know that we took such good care of you! Please come back soon.

chenoho mima téwe yo tha - We thank you for staying with us.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

When I call in for a reservation for 2 nights in this hotel, I informed that I will be staying with my 2 children (8 and 12). The first night we were watching TV and my other daughter is so amazed of the veranda so she went in and out of the veranda door. Perhaps this made sound and so we got a call from the reception that they received complaints about a noise from our room. Our last night, my daughters are sitting on the floor coloring and cutting papers while watching TV (which is not even loud), again we received 2 calls complaining us of our "NOISE". So we went out at 6 pm for a dinner so that our presence in the room will not create any noise. When we came back at 8 pm, we saw the security standing by our door with his ear pasted on it trying to listen for our "NOISE". When he saw us he immediately walk back to the hallway to the elevator and in his radio within our earshot the security said: "I just passed them". I believe this is a form of HARASSMENT. There are ways of how this incidence can be prevented if someone wants to stay in this hotel: (1) DO NOT bring your children with you (or when doing reservation, do not tell them you are bringing kids with you (2) Make sure you specify you do not want to be in a room next to the fire exit door or else the noise made by anyone using that door will be accused to you.
However the room across me have these group of adults arguing about whether the hotel has hot water for coffee. This lasted for about an hour from 11 PM to midnight. There were also dragging luggage or boxes of some sort. But when I went out there was no security glueing his ear on their door.
I really felt so harassed by this hotel! Total waste of money!

Room Tip: If you really really want to stay in this hotel or you have to, ask for a room not next to a fire ex...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies and I certainly realize we should have handled this matter more appropriately and diplomatically. We do love kids, dogs and adults!! And I can assure that any harassemnt was not intended, but when neighbors complain, we do need to respond.

Again, my apologies, and wishing you safe travels and a Happy New Year.

phel chéémia kóchii - Happy New Year!

Been to The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!