“A luxurious treat!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“A luxurious treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Prompt and courteous service is just one of the great assets of the Hacienda. Separated from the Hotel Santa Fe, the Hacienda is clearly a step above. The hotel is well decorated in the southwest style. A butler will be at your call from carrying your luggage from the car to bringing chocolates in the evening. The room and bathroom are large and clean (although the liquid toiletries had something to be desired). The gas fireplace was warm and romantic. The bed was comfortably firm. And, the balcony, although it looked out onto the parking lot still added charm to the whole environment. The afternoon wine and cheese was a nice treat. From that floor, near a roaring wood fire, you can watch the sunset. A robe and slippers are provided for convience and there is a hot tub on top of the spa. I plan to stay at the Hacienda again on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
And we look forward to welcoming you back to The Hacienda on your next trip to town! Your critique is greatly appreciated and coincidentally we are currenlty reviewing different options for our bathroom amenities.

kinna wachii xoum kowia - Peace, Love and Joy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I visited the Hacienda at the Hotel Santa Fe for Christmas. We couldn't have made a better choice. The room was large and nicely decorated, and the service was exceptional. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The details at the Hacienda are all tended to with great care. There is a lot to praise: the friendly staff upon arrival, the excellent selection of teas and coffee in the room, the free shuttle to locations within 1 mile of the hotel, the rooftop area for breakfast and evening wine, and Senor Murphy chocolates at bedtime. This is my favorite hotel in Santa Fe, and it keeps getting better. I highly recommend this property for a visit to Santa Fe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
And we love being your favorite Hotel in Santa Fe!! Thank you so very much for your kind words. Please come back soon!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Recently, my better half and I decided to have a nice little four day getaway and we decided to go to Santa Fe. Neither of us have/had ever been here so we were not sure what to expect. We actually chose this hotel based on the reviews we read here on TripAdvisor. I have to say that without a doubt that the hotel along with all of it's amenities have far exceeded our expectations. The staff are attentive, courteous and ever willing to be helpful. Everything from the fresh fruit and chocolates upon arrival to the butler service, not to forget the extensive variety of Spa facilities and treatments at your disposal, this hotel has it covered. We stayed in one of the suites which consisted of a separate sitting room complete with fireplace and a large bedroom. The bathroom includes a dual headed shower and the shower stall was large enough for two people. The soaps, shampoos and lotions are all Spa quality. Overall, we were/are extremely satisfied. We ate at the hotel restaurant, which was exceptional but I will review that separately.

The only complaints we have are 1) they could invest in a higher quality of toilet paper. It seems like a petty thing but for many people, toilet tissue is important, it is to us. 2) although the pillows are extremely soft, fluffy and cushy, they are not conducive for sleeping. It would be nice if they offered a selection of pillows (soft, medium, firm) like other establishments.

We would most DEFINITELY not only stay here again but would highly recommend this hotel to our friends, family and any one who might ask.

Stayed December 2012
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Your critique is greatly appreciated and noted!! We do need to put a pillow menu together and thanks for the reminder.

As regards loo paper, I thought that one can fold it over for 2 ply and again for 4 ply??! But I will look into the costs again.

Otherwise, delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and you hopefully had a grand time on your first visit to Santa Fe!!

Please come back soon and your recommendations to friends is just what we need!

Happy holidays to you and your family.

kii thu wia‘‘ kanna thu wia - Our House is Your House
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The rooms were so clean and spacious. Each of the two rooms we reserved had a cozy fireplace and a small sitting area. Upon arrival, we had a complimentary fruit basket in each room, along with bottled water. We also loved our turn down service. Decident chocolates on our pillows each evening!
The customer service was excellent. Complimentary breakfast each morning on the rooftop was just enough to get us going for the day.
Also, a wonderful location, within waking distance to many attractions. The hotel also had a free car service to many local attractions! We would definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We are so pleased you stayed with us and delighted to learn we took good care of you - many thanks!
Belen, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The staff was very welcoming. The rooms not only clean but comfortable. I got to take a morning yoga class that was wonderful. We ate at the hotel restaurant and it was good. It was a nice walk to the plaza. Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Please do come back soon. Thank you for your kind words!

xoum wia‘‘ pia pianee - Love, Light and Laughter
Columbus IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at this hotel is very friendly, and eager to please, very helpful...breakfast buffet is pretty good.. 3 stars out of 5..the croissants are very good, would be nicer if they were true French style..i.e. larger, which makes for a fluffier croissant...
A group of us had a meal one night, and we had,among us, everything on the menu..I was a little disappointed,sauces were not quite right, servings a bit small ( and I am not a big guy, or a big eater !).
The rooms were nice, but they have that 3 inch wide,single ply toilet paper, what's with that ? Bring your own TP,I guess.
Building and grounds are very attractive....take photos, has a lot of eye appeal...I will try LaFonda on my next visit to Santa Fe

Room Tip: Our rooms looked out over the main entrance, even so,it was so quiet that I didn't notice till w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Delighted to learn you enjoyed the “very helpful” staff, but sorry to learn that we may have lost you to the competition. Rarely have any comments about portion sizes or our croissants - as there is no limit on the number you may have regarding the later item! And our loo paper (4 inches wide) has been the same for years!!!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

As an Albuquerque resident, my husband and I take frequent weekend getaways to Santa Fe. This time, after we found a deal on Expedia, and we tried The Hacienda & Spa at Hotel Santa Fe. We stayed in a Fireplace King. The room was comfortable and the bedding was nice. The fireplace is gas, and even has a remote control to turn it on. Even though I knew this from the website, it was still a disappointment. I'm a die hard for real wood burning kiva fireplaces. The biggest disappointment was that there was no bathtub (shower only). This was especially disappointing in that I had checked the website pictures for a Fireplace King, and they indeed have a virtual tour of the bathroom that includes a nice soaking tub. When I inquired at the front desk, they said none of the Fireplace King rooms have tubs... only the suites have fireplaces. When I got home, I rechecked, and indeed the Fireplace King rooms have beautiful pictures of tubs. I suggest they find truth in advertising and change the pictures.

Overall service was less than I what I expected from a 4.5 star. Most the fireplaces in the common areas of the hotel were not lite. (We were there on a Saturday night... so if they were to regularly provide this type of ambiance, you'd expect it on a Saturday night. The butler service that they advertise is really a glorified bell person.

The morning breakfast exceeded my expectations. The evening reception was minimal and had wine, beer, coffee, tea, and one appetizer (puff pastry with mushroom and cheese).

The location is a bit of a bummer. I much prefer to stay where it's easy walking distance to the plaza and restaurants. The shuttle service is nice, although we didn't take advantage of it.

In my opinion, based on price, service, and amenities, I prefer other Santa Fe Hotels. I'm glad we tried this, but we will probably frequent one of our other favorites next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for the bathtub comment and we certainly need to change the bathroom photo/tour as soon as possible!

I am disappointed to learn you didn’t enjoy your stay. Please be advised that we do not automatically light all our fires if it is warm/sunny outside and October was such a balmy weather month!?

Also your comment regarding wood burning fireplaces is appropriately not allowed by city code (unless the building was constructed before 1986 +/-) - to conserve our natural resources/environment - we are only allowed ONE wood burning fireplace in each building!!

We enjoy being in the Historic Guadalupe/Railyard district only five to six blocks from the Plaza, but we understand if you prefer the hubbub of the Plaza! Sorry you didn’t take advantage of our London Taxis shuttle services!

kowaen mina so thuu puchi - Have a great day!

Been to The Hacienda and Spa at Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!