“Neighborhood Fly Shop.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of High Desert Angler

High Desert Angler
453 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)
(505) 988-7688
Website
Improve this listing
Denver, CO
4 attraction reviews
“Neighborhood Fly Shop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Looks like they had a great selection of flies. Staff was very helpful as well. Too bad it was raining out! So we had a to settle on a hat and head back to the hotel for the day. Looks like we will have to come back!

Visited May 2013

Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable and professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Ive depended on High Desert Angler each year for advice on fly fishing the Pecos River, just outside Santa Fe. This year, after getting skunked one day, I decided to hire a guide. On a recommendation from a local, I went into High Desert Angler, and the next day my guide, Tom, and I spent a half day on the Pecos. He improved my technique immediately. I didn't land any big ones, but plenty of action and learning. I chose to stay on public waters, since that's what I fish when I go each summer. Private waters might well have meant larger fish, and it's not all that much more, so you might find it's worth it.

Visited May 2013
Austin
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience learning to fly fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My bf and I just returned from Santa Fe. The highlight of the trip was learning how to fly fish through High Desert Angler. We booked a full day on private land. Despite the fires and forest closures, we were still able to fish on the Pecos because of the private land accommodations. Ed, the manager at High Desert was very kind and helpful. Marcos Silva, our guide for the day was very knowledgeable, patient and just an all around good guy. He took us to several spots, gave us general instructions and provided a very good lunch. We couldn't have been happier. We have wonderful photos and great memories. If you're even considering this type of activity, go with High Desert Angler. You won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2011
North Texas
“Two thumbs up for High Desert Angler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Just wanted to say what great service we had from High Desert Angler in Santa Fe, NM. We wandered in on a Saturday, booked a guided fishing trip to the Pecos on Sunday, and all the gear we needed was included in the price of the trip. Our guide, Marcos Silva, was wonderful. He has a wealth of knowledge but was very patient with us as we learned from him. He seemed as excited as we were when we landed our big rainbow trout! It was a delightful day, and we will surely go back and fish with Marcos again. Can't recommend this outfit highly enough!