“Relaxing, romantic getaway amidst a gorgeous landscape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terrain Santa Fe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Terrain Santa Fe
10 Sabina Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87508   |
Ranked #20 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Relaxing, romantic getaway amidst a gorgeous landscape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

For my birthday and our 1 year wedding anniversary, we treated ourselves to a weekend at Terrain and had an absolutely wonderful stay. This was our first time in New Mexico, and what a beautiful introduction. Lucinda and Shirley, the owners, have thought of everything. Our room, the Shoji Suite, had anything we could ever want! Abundant food to eat, a large t.v., fine art on the walls, a HUGE bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub, robes, guide books, art books, candles, slippers, a private patio, and hot tub right outside our door.
They've also thought of all the details and are very accommodating to their guests.
We had an early morning hot air balloon ride in Taos. We were sad that we would miss out on breakfast, but were surprised to find some yummy cinnamon bread and a few waters to nourish us before our trip! To make up for the lack of breakfast that morning, a picnic basket was waiting for us when we returned. Very sweet.
Also, as a birthday surprise, my good friend contacted Terrain and set up an en suite massage for me! It was a lovely treat, and I am so grateful that Lucinda and Shirley were helpful to my friend with the surprise. The massage came with bath salts, cookies, and lemonade. I was a spoiled girl. :)
Choose Terrain for an unforgettable experience in which no detail is overlooked. We had a great time!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

Hosts are wonderful- the rooms are stunning. The food is unparalleled. I promise this will be worth every penny! The food is plentiful and rivals the chef driven restaurants anywhere. The rooms are so gorgeous and decorated do beautifully. A night a the private hot tub under the stars is a perfect way to spend the evening. We even miss Dulce , the poodle! Lucinda and Shirley are the best!

• Stayed July 2011
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Terrain for a week in May, 2011. We'd never been to Santa Fe before, and chose this place after searching the internet. It was even better than advertised. The room (we stayed in the Shoji Suite) was spacious with a comfortable bed. It is beautifully decorated with local art and tasteful, soothing colors. Loved the radiant floor heating (it was still chilly in May), and the bathroom was amazing. The tub was great. The entire suite was clean and comfortable.

It is equipped with a microwave, a Keurig coffee maker stocked with organic coffees, and a mini-fridge.

The proprietors are generous, friendly and helpful, but also give you as much privacy as you want.

The most amazing part of our stay was the breakfast cooked up by the proprietors every morning. You will not leave hungry! Better than any restaurant in creativity, quality and quantity.

The location is about 15 minutes from downtown Santa Fe and very quiet at night. The drive into town is scenic and easy. We didn't miss being right in town. There are other houses in the neighborhood, but they are spread out.

We would definitely stay here again if we return to Santa Fe, and I would choose the Shoji Suite again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We were looking for something memorable to do to celebrate a 50th birthday and 27th wedding anniversary - and we certainly were not disappointed. Terrain is a beautifully landscaped compound about 10 easy minutes out of Santa Fe. We stayed in the East/West Gate house, which offered comfort, a beautiful setting and ultimate privacy. Shirley and Lucinda were fabulous hosts, and we left feeling as though we had made a couple of new friends. The breakfasts were out of this world, and every afternoon we looked forward seeing the menu for breakfast the following morning! They were very helpful giving us suggestions for dinner, galleries, hiking, etc. BTW - I highly recommend The Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument - it was one of the highlights of our trip - breathtaking rock formations!

Room Tip: Any room - both are beautiful
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Grants, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I had just travelled aboard and was gone for 6 weeks. My husband picked me up from the airport and the next day we went to Santa Fe to TERRAIN SANTA FE. It was beautiful. We got to the gate that leads to this wonderful bed and breakfast and right away I knew I would love it here. There are two rooms and one the we had was beautifully decorated. It was moderen style but very inviting and cozy. I ws surprised how much I loved everything in the room. They had choclates, dried fruit, nuts for us to snack on throughout the weekend. They had a beautiful cheese tray in the fridge in case we needed something more filling. They have thought of every last detail!!! Even in the decorations. Their attention to detail is mind boggling. The floors were heated, they had a huge (80 gallong I believe) spa bathtub that had tankless waterheater so you can fill the tub and never run out of hot water! Loved that! There was hotub right next to our room that we could use whenever we wanted. In the morning you can your breakfast in bed or dine at Shirley and Lucinda's house next door. The first night we had breakfast in bed and the next day we had breakfast the innkeepers home. We loved both. The food was amazing and plentiful. We couldnt't finish it all in one sitting but it was a great snack throughout the day. Great food! When we went to Shirley and Lucinda's house the next day we not only had wonderful food but we had wonderful company. They are both so easy to talk to and have lived such full, interesting lives. We felt at home and so comfortable around them. We laughed so much and really enjoyed thier company. The evenings were nice. There was so many good resteraunts to go to in Santa Fe. Shirley and Lucinda recommended The Compound and we went and loved it as well. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone. HAve already told everyone in my family and lot of my friends about the place. It is very romantic and beauitufl setting. You will love it! I am sure of that!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Although Tripadvisor may list Terrain as a B&B, it has amenities of a spa (jacuzzi, hot tub [shared], bathrobes, private terrace), the art of an up-to-the-minute gallery, and the food of a pathbreaking Soho eatery. When my wife and I visited in February, 2011, we stayed in the Shoji Suite, a spacious, peaceful room with Asia-inspired art, stone and woodwork; it was hard to tear ourselves away to head into town, unless it was to head to the main house for the amazing breakfasts. Hosts Shirley and Lucinda serve up food that is fresh, ample, innovative and inspiring -- one morning on offer was a small beaker of a chocolate-chile concoction that I will remember fondly for years.
Terrain is about fifteen minutes from the center of Santa Fe, an easy drive, once you get used to it, and Shirley and Lucinda eagerly offer great advice on what to do, where to go, and where to eat. They have put their hearts, souls, and minds into the place and work hard to make sure their guests enjoy themselves.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at Terrain in September and i'm not sure that I can capture in words how wonderful and lovely we found it to be. The property is beautiful and peaceful and Lucinda and Shirley have put an incredible amount of thought into every detail. The grounds are lovely, with an outdoor fireplace, fountains and even an a luxurious outdoor sleeping cabana should you be inclined to sleep outdoors! The main house is stunning. Lucinda is an artist and many of her works are displayed in the house and the cottages, along with other artists works. We stayed in the readers oasis, within the main house, and while it was on the smaller side we found it to lovely and relaxing and well equiped with a refrigerator, comfortable bed and stone shower/bathroom.

Clearly we loved the property, but the two things I can't say enough about are the owners and the incredible food! Lucinda and Shirley are thoughtful, friendly, attentive hosts. We enjoyed spending time talking to them, learning more about the area and the property. When we told Shirley that we were interested in buying some asian art she not only gave us a few recommendations of spots to visit, but drew up a map and made sure that we knew exactly where we were going! And the food - the food. We dined at some of the Santa Fe favorites, and none of them even came close to touching the breakfasts that Lucinda prepared. Multi-course, creative, delicious, seasonal.. I was so impressed that I saved one of our breakfast menus:

Orange Ginger Flan, topped with almond granola, fresh raspberries & blackberries
Served with warm mexican chocolate/cinnamon muffin & chocolate jalapeno ganache
WITH
Whole wheat locavore breakfast pizzetta with red chard, wild mushrooms, ruby yams & roast red peppers. Topped with 3 cheeses and toasted pinons.
WITH
Organic eggs, scrambled with dixon goat cheese, sundried tomatoes & garden herbs. Served with a swirl of green chili pesto
Peppered proscuitto chips
Apricot Ruggalach

WOW! After this amazing breakfast we literally didn't need to eat a thing until dinner.

I can't say enough about this special spot. We look forward to finding another time to visit in the near future!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Terrain Santa Fe? Share your experiences!