“Worldmark - Santa Fe, NM” 5 of 5 stars

Worldmark Resort Santa Fe
138 Park Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Historic District)   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix
“Worldmark - Santa Fe, NM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My one bedroom condo was very clean, comfortable and cozy. Property was well kept and the staff was helpful, accommodating and friendly at all times. This is a smaller resort it doesn't have all the extra's as some of the others but still a great place. The hour drive from Albuquerque Airport was smooth and enjoyable. I was actually early and to my surprise I was allowed to check in hours earlier. For the trip back to the airport I planned a different route which was more scenic but not anymore time driving.

The resort is a great location for exploring downtown Santa Fe, everything is walking distance and a car is actually more of a hassle. But if you opt to drive remember coins for meters or ask the front deck for a map of where the parking lots can be found they are happy to help. The walk is easily handled by most and you can always find plenty of places to sit and relax if needed or just to soak in the atmosphere.

Restaurants are plentiful and fully capable of satisfying many different palates and budgets.

Grocery Stores –I was in heaven since three of my favorite places to shop for food are within a short distances of each other. They have Trader Joes and Whole Foods which are as you are coming into town and across from each other. A few minutes away from the resort you have Sprouts, which is about 5 blocks. Just make note that the one bedroom doesn’t have a full size kitchen; you have a mini refrigerator and only a stove top. Keep this in mind while shopping. I didn’t bother to pay attention and brought a yummy stuffed spinach/artichoke chicken which should have been baked . All I can say is it didn’t taste so good cooked in the microwave. You do have BBQ but I was there in Feb. it was snowing and I had no desire to BBQ.

Things to do other than eating which isn’t necessarily a bad thing since you can justify it by saying you are walking it off and of course you always have that you are on vacation.

Museums’ – you can spend days doing nothing but museums, I would recommend getting a museum pass if planning on visiting a few. This saves you a few bucks.

Shopping – Cute shops all over

Casino’s – there are three to choose from and only about 15 to 20 minutes away take the 84 North. Make sure to get a players card to get some free play. I will tell you your odds aren’t very good at any of these places.

Hiking - check out this website for trails http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=13183

I would recommend this resorts to family and friends and would love to go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a one bedroom unit through wyndham timeshare using my timeshare points. The resort while very small (31 units) has excellent service. Everyone we interacted with smiled and offered to help us with whatever they could.

The location from the resort to downtown/plaza is a literal 10 minute walk. There is a gas station with convenience store 500 feet away and a full grocery store with large strip mall 1/3 mile away.

The parking at the resort is ample, but I highly recommend backing in to make leaving simple. They have a few washers and dryers along with washing soap free to use in the check in building. In addition there is one computer terminal with a printer also free to use in that building.

All units are one bedroom with a king sized bed in the master and queen sized sleeper sofa in the living area. The sofa bed was not very comfortable, but I have experienced worse. There are two flat panel TV's in the room with DVD players and stereo systems. While there is no oven, a flat top burner system and microwave along with mini fridge make prepping something small for breakfast or lunch very reasonable.

The unit was exceptionally clean. We stayed in unit 2102 and the natural lighting was terrific. The resort is made up of pueblo style buildings with rustic but relatively contemporary inteiors.

Bedsides a recommendation that they replace the sofa bed mattresses with something more supportive, adding ceiling fans and a screen outside the French doors would be awesome to take full advantage of the wonderful desert breezes. There was and air conditioner and gas fireplace in the room.

We would stay again without a doubt and obviously recommend this resort highly!

Tip: back into parking spots for easy access. Some rooms are down stairs and I don't think It would be very light inside. Consider suggesting a room that's upstairs if the natural light is important to you.

• Stayed April 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I agree with what "mtab2" wrote on September 19, 2007, this property is now part of the Worldmark Timeshare Network. It is a 32-unit "Pueblo-style" complex on a nice quiet street that only seems far-removed from the Plaza area.

This is NOT a "Flagship Property" in the Worldmark System like Las Vegas, or Orlando; it is a former hotel updated & upgraded to Worldmark's standards. My Wife & I have been Worldmark Owners since October of 2001, and have pretty much seen the range of properties. WorldMark Santa Fe is a great place to start and end your day "Santa Fe Style"; nice, quiet, clean & relaxed.

Please don't overlook this hidden gem!

Stayed April 2013
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed for one week at the Worldmark in Santa Fe, New Mexico, as a timeshare exchange, but not everyone who stays there is through a time share. First of all, I want to mention: how bad can a place be if you can walk to two Starbucks as well as the Plaza (town square)? Our street (Park Ave.) is just off Guadalupe Street that goes everywhere and one traffic light from Paseo de Peralta, the main thoroughfare that forms a ring around the entire city. We drove everywhere in practically less than 5-10 minutes including the De Vargas Center Mall with an Albertsons and 50 stores and a movie theatre. We preferred to drive to the Plaza since I could get there in 4 min by car and were able to park on the street as people are constantly pulling in and out and parking is free after 6. I found the resort to be very quiet and peaceful except for some guests who let their dogs bark early in the morning. The amenities were very efficient but I felt that the kitchen was big enough for a full size fridge and a small oven instead of just a mini fridge and microwave. The staff at the reception building as well as housekeeping and maintenance were friendly and helpful. Laundry was free in the main bldg. and you can get fresh towels to your heart's content ( but please don't since there is a water shortage!). I needed to borrow 2 folding chairs and a cooler for our Santa Fe Opera tailgating. No problem! They brought them to our unit and always seemed very interested in our plans for the day or evening. Overall I found the Worldmark Resort to be laid back, yet efficient, and we had a fantastic week staying there, and would return in the future....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We used the unit and resort as a timeshare and did not rent a room.
My friend and I shared the unit, a studio. We loved the bed. We thought the kitchen well stocked, used the table and chairs, and enjoyed the size of the bathroom.
Amenities are limited. There is a free laundry , free internet, staff on duty 24/7, some seating in the lobby area, and a nice patio with bar-b-cue.
Staff was OK tho not as friendly or helpful as we would have liked. The lobby has brochures and materials re the area. The resort has some excellent maps of the area for use.
We found the gravel parking noisey.
We loved the access to the Plaza downtown. The resort has easy access to roads for exploring; there are 3 organic markets within a quick drive, and there are 2 Starbuck's within walking distance.
We admired the Green Commitment of Wyndham.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fredonia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I would suggest you ignore everything written up until this year as this place is now a timeshare. It is not tied in with any other resort or hotel in town. The units are condos (maybe different sizes). Ours was an updated 1 bedroom unit and it was extremely nice with alot of charactor. It was upstairs and had a nice size balcony but wasn't covered so was very hot and unuseable most of the time.
The kitchen has everything 1/2 size but we had no problem cooking in there (no oven). we had a cooler and that helped. Strangely, the kitchen was well furnished with packages of spices, starter coffee etc but the bathroom only had soap - no other toiletries. There was no maid service but they gladly exchanged towels, etc.
The office was very pleasant and helpful and there you could find free washer/dryer and even free soap. also ice.
It was strictly a place to eat and sleep. Our issues with this place was the biggest being it has no pool (which would have been great after being in the heat) or jacuzzi and no activities whatsoever. It does have DVDs for rent and that covers it.
It was walking distance to the Plaza. There are restaurants, stores, etc. very nearby but I would suggest a car and a GPS as well. With the GPS, we just drove at random exploring.
If you are committed to a week here, it is too long. Since it is driving distance (1 hour) to Albuquerque, I suggest you use this as your base. Unless you are into museums, art and hiking, it still might be too long. If you're interested, there are 3 casinos (one after the other on 84/285) in less than a 1/2 hour.
hope this helps

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

Drove into town and loved it when we realized most everything in Taos is within walking distance. The resort is very eye appealing and clean. We wish every Worldmark looked like this one.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Worldmark Resort Santa Fe? Share your experiences!