“Not as advertised and poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Santa Fe - Cerrillos Road South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3695 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #56 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not as advertised and poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I arrived at around 9pm after a 12 hour drive just wanting to get some sleep and relax. I had booked a non smoking room. When I got to the room I immediately realized it was actually a smoking room so I called down to reception and asked to change. The guy on reception tried telling me that it was a non smoking room but some of them smelt like smoke. I asked him if all the non smoking rooms have the non smoking signs on the door to which he replied "yes". I then told him our room door didn't have one. He then said he was sorry but there were no more non smoking rooms available.

I explained that my girlfriend has asthma and asked if he could refund me and I would go and find a hotel that had a non smoking room available. He then said only the manager can make refunds and the manager wouldn't be in until the the morning. He also said he could not guarantee that I would be refunded.

The room was also one of the poorest motel 6 rooms I have ever been in and the service could not have been any worse. I would recommend anyone thinking of booking here to either make sure they get what they requested before paying or even better not stay here at all. After paying for the wifi and fridge its around the same price as somewhere else that is 10 times better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a nice surprise for such a reasonable rate. The reservation was accurate, the staff members were efficient and welcoming, the grounds were clean, the quality of the mattress was excellent and the rooms were newly remodeled and clean. The pool area was also well maintained. Many choices for restaurants near by.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Faxon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I booked through Expedia & requested a non smoking room with truck parking. I got a smoking room with pickup parking not semi (truck) parking. I paid 45 + tax on expedia & the room rate was 39.99 + tax when I arrived. Of course we got to pay the higher price. Not a good experience. Won't return.

• Stayed April 2014
Taos, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I checked into this hotel, tired, after a long drive and asked specifically for a non smoking quiet room in the back.Instead Brian, the desk clerk, placed me near the busy road, in a block of rooms that was jam packed and actually UNDER the stairway. It didnt reveal itself to be such a big problem until people went up and down it all night. The non smoking room they gave me had an ashtray and the sheets smelled like smoke so i slept on top of them. When I addressed these issues with Brian the next morning, he told me he had ignored my request for a quiet room because as a single woman he thought I would prefer to be safe and that room 118 was not under the stairway( see photo).

Room Tip: dont get 118 under the stairway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Santa Fe - Cerrillos Road South, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear filmdreamer,

We apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good: shower and water pressure; Generally clean (floor was a laminate, bathroom clean); quiet even though we were on the bottom floor
Needs work: water temperature was just hot enough (I like hot showers - this was just warm); limited TV options (MSNBC missing for example, and some channels were fuzzy); bedspread and pillow case on one bed (2 doubles in our room) not as cleaned/pressed as found in other Motel6 establishments (hair on pillow, bedspread appeared to have a gloss finish in a couple of spots (could have been a burn, stain, or...but hard to tell); bed rather hard; two double beds barely fit in room; low heat option didn't seem to work

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived mid afternoon on Sat, Aug 31, 2013. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and customer service exceptional. We've stayed at several Motel 6 in the past and for a budget motel this location was great for what we wanted. No hesitation staying there again....Delores at the check in desk was the best! Thank you for all the assistance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and I had to find a room in Sante Fe last minute due to some car problems, there was nothing available in "decent" hotels so we choose to take our chances at Motel 6. HUGE mistake, nearly checked out when we walked in the room, and we should have. Filthy dirty floors, beds, and pillows. The sheets had cigarette burns! The air had been turned off, the room was extremely hot, and it never cooled off. Saw 2 drug deals taking place, then was awaken at 3 by the police who were there to investigate a crime ~ someone threw a boulder thru the windshield of a car trying to break into it. My daughter and i may have gotten 2 hours of sleep On the horrible mattresses whose springs you could feel. I would sleep in my car before I "slept" in this hotel. again. I never write reviews but no one should stay in this flea bag, dangerous motel, ever!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Santa Fe - Cerrillos Road South? Share your experiences!