“A Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Queen Creek AZ
“A Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We stayed for two nights at The Silver Saddle during a motorcycle tour in NM. Although we stayed at other hotels that cost a bit more, The Silver Saddle was my favorite.The desk clerk and the owner go out of their way to make it your home during your visit. I would say while in Santa Fe NM it a place to stay.

The hotel & staff is biker friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed for two nights at The Silver Saddle during a cross-country drive. Although we stayed in fancier hotels that cost a lot more, The Silver Saddle was my favorite. The room is basic but very clean and well-maintained. We stayed in one of the Buffalo Bill rooms and the decor included a cowgirl boot on the wall and a saw above the bathroom door with a western scene painted on it. There were some shaded tables outside, off the parking area, where you could sit and enjoy your coffee or drink. Our first night there we witnessed a gorgeous sunset. The continental breakfast was adequate and there is a nice seating area in back of the lobby. Perhaps the best part of staying there, in addition to the obvious charm, is the staff. They were all extremely friendly and helpful, especially Miguel and Dawn. As I told them at checkout, I don't know if I will ever get to Santa Fe again, but if I do, I will stay at The Silver Saddle.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting friends in Colorado when their well ran dry and we left early. What to do? Come to Santa Fe! This is our second time to visit the Silver Saddle and it was as charming as the first time. Being pet friendly is a plus! Beautiful courtyards and picnic areas and non smoking is great too. Next door to Jackalope Market for some easy shopping. Love it!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was undoubtedly the best lodging we found on our three-week spring trip to the Southwest. We reserved five nights at the Silver Saddle based on good reviews on Trip Advisor and the very reasonable rates. We are budget travellers looking for value, and we were not disappointed.
Dawn, the Manager, was just the best. During the booking process, she was very patient with all of our questions, and the room she reserved for us was perfect. We were in the Lil Buckeroo Room at the back of the motel. All of the rooms are themed and lovingly decorated by Dawn. We loved the brightly painted rustic furniture, especially the picnic table and benches in the kitchenette - which had a counter and sink, fridge and microwave. Lots of cowboy-themed drawings and posters on the walls. The beds were new and super comfy, with old fashioned quilted comforters. I have a bad back, and I slept like a log. There were three windows that opened, providing good cross-ventilation.This spacious room was truly a home away from home for our five days in Sante Fe.

Included in the price was a continental breakfast of cereal, juice, toast, bagels and cream cheese, muffins and coffee cake, and good coffee - served in the western-themed office or out in the back yard. Dawn and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful with tourist info and restaurant recommendations (all good). The motel is on a main drag where you can catch a bus into the city centre and avoid the hassle of parking.

The Silver Saddle is definitely a budget motel and may not be for everyone. The furniture is rustic, the toiletries are basic, and the carpets are not fancy. The breakfast is homestyle, and the coffee cups are mismatched. But the rooms are cozy, clean and functional, and the motel staff go out of their way to look after their guests. I couldn't believe that we paid less than $60.00 a night for one of the most memorable places I have ever stayed. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The higher numbered rooms are farther from the road and are very quiet. The Lil Buckeroo room is s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Great room, friendly staff, good breakfast, outstanding atmosphere. I wish more places in this price range existed in the US. You can't go wrong & will be thrilled you choose a local place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I chose this motel because of the large number of favorable reviews on both TripAdvisor and Booking.com sites. My daughter and I stayed here for four nights, while attending operas at the Santa Fe Opera House, and were very satisfied with our stay.
Each of the rooms in this throwback motel is decorated in a unique way; ours was the "Route 66" room, and the pictures and decor fitted in with this theme. The beds and plentiful pillows were very comfortable, featuring old-fashioned quilts as bed covers, which added to the charm.
The office is quaint, with many western-style items hanging from the walls, again, so much in character for this period. A continental breakfast is available from 7 - 10 AM, with cereal, fresh fruits, breads and coffee and juices. The owners are quite friendly, and prices are reasonable. Many stores and restaurants are nearby, as the motel is on a main highway into town.
I plan to return in the future!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My entire family really enjoyed our stay in the Roy Rogers room (#2). Room was very spacious and had a kitchenette. It was very clean with comfortable beds. I loved all of the windows in the room. Staff was friendly and also understanding when I realized that I had forgotten to turn in the key before 11am checkout (went shopping at Jackalope next door after packing everything and wound up spending longer there than I had intended.) Silver Saddle will definitely be our first choice for lodging next time we are in Santa Fe.

If you get a chance, go shop at Jackalope next door. There is so much to look at. Also, try the tacos at the taco stand at the edge of the parking lot. They are hands down the best that I have ever had.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Silver Saddle Motel? Share your experiences!