“Wish I were still there” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Philadelphia
“Wish I were still there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard in Santa Fe. The receptionist at the main desk -- her name was Angela-- couldn't have been more welcoming. I asked for a quiet room, and she certainly delivered. We were very pleased with the location. It is close to all kinds of restaurants, and it is only a 10 or 15 minute ride into the city center. The facilities were fine in every way. I will definitely stay here the next time in Santa Fe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Stephen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the hotel. I am very happy that we were able to meet all your needs and make your stay in Santa Fe a good one. We look forward to your return to the Santa Fe Courtyard by Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

At the last moment I needed a reservation since I had entered incorrect days of stay on a previous reservation. I was able to make the reservation via a web service and 20 minutes later when I arrived at the hotel the reservation was active. The hotel has been remodeled and is quite attractive. A Starbucks Bistro is associated with the hotel where you can get coffee and snacks. The room was quite clean and quiet. The lobby is very attractive for sitting and reading or studying. We used the exercise room which was well appointed. The hotel also has a large in-door pool and sauna which we did not use. Very happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your last stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our property and the city of Santa Fe! I assure you that overall service is our main goal at the hotel, and we strive to make eveyone's stay memorable. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your review!
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I give this place mixed reviews. The building itself looks a little tired with some signs of paint needed and grounds care. It a rather open building so as soon as you step outside your room you are outside. No way to get to the main desk without going outside. The TV in the sitting area didn't work so I reported it to the desk. He wanted to send maintenance right then but we were tired and didn't want someone coming at night so asked them to come the next morning. When we got back to our room the next day it still wasn't fixed. That is disappointing. The bed was very comfortable which is important to us while we travel. The bathroom is very tiny with barely room for one person. Didn't think the bathroom floor looked very clean, but other parts of the place were ok. This is the second Marriott property we have stayed in SF and neither are high on our return list. Next time we'll try the RI.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stephen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Santa Fe Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your comments on the room/hotel and I can assure you each survey is read and distributed to the appropriate departments. Just so you are aware, the building concerns that you mentioned will be adressed this spring with new paint on the exterior of the building and lancaping in our courtyards. We realize you have a choice when traveling and want to be your first. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call or email the hotel. We look forward to having you as a guest again when you return to Santa Fe.
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I drove to New Mexico from Colorado on a whim. No plans, no specific thoughts. I just packed a bag for 1-2 nights worth of clothes, took out some cash, filled up my truck, and headed south.

Marriot Rewards points allow you to book a room upon arrival! Just in case this hotel was sold out, there were 2 other Marriott hotels nearby. But no need. There was a room available.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The front desk night clerk (Alban?) was very helpful in suggesting places to go during the day. The hotel location was also very helpful. Close to restaurants, shops, museums, downtown, and the highway. Santa Fe is a small city with a variety of Native American shops and tourist attractions which was cool. I parked my car downtown on W. San Francisco and walked up and down the street from block to block snapping photos. Overall a nice quick getaway.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Stephen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking you time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Santa Fe Courtyard by Marriott. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our great city of Santa Fe. We look forward to your next visit at the Courtyard.
Martinez, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were travelling with our yellow lab and the Courtyard was the perfect choice. We had a ground floor room that opened out to a grassy inner courtyard. It was extremely convenient especially late at night. They had a new casual concept for breakfast that worked very well for us. They also had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Santa Fe Courtyard by Marriott. We are delighted that we were able to accommodate you and your pet needs. We are also pleased you enjoyed breakfast at our Bistro. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Trophy Club, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

WOW. Where do I start, Upon check in the they informed me that they would not honor our AAA membership. Then we took the long walk through the piece milled series of cold weather motel hallway mazes. Upon entering the room we decided to hope for the best. We soon found that there was no circulation or climate control for the front half of this econo suite. We toughed it out and went to sleep, until the very loud and energetic neighbors shared their lust with our entire family through paper thin walls. We were awakened at 7:30am by an unexpected call from the front desk "checking on us". Then my attempt at a shower turned bad when the shower handle would not remain in place, causing repeated sudden scalding hot surprises. Upon return from the slopes that day, we asked if the hotel shuttle could take us 1 mile down the road to the movie theatre. The front desk said NO. They must keep the vans on stand by for airport pick ups. Even though the movie run would have only taken 5 minutes. And yet a second night of loud expressions of eros from next door. The second day the housekeeping crew skipped our room completely, leaving us with no clean towels. I could keep going, but I have said enough. Find another place to stay. This is an average Rodeway Inn at best. Marriott should remove their name from the front door. Thanks to the manager for agreeing to discount my stay, It did help ease my pain upon my exit after 3 days of disappointment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the feedback and comments regarding your stay with us; I do apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We take these reviews very seriously and. I can assure your issues have been addressed with both the Engineering and Front Office teams on property. I am pleased that one of the managers was able to help ease your pain before your departure.. If you have any further questions or comments please contact the hotel directly. Thank you very much for your business and lwe hope you will give us another chance in the future,

Stephen Smith
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent service and staff is very helpful and friendly.
We had package with breakfast included but you have to be careful because not all the breakfast menu is included, only some part of the buffet.
Great hotel for family vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jenny G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Alilis L,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our staff's service. Our packages that include breakfast can definitely save travelers money and during peak nights, we do offer a hot buffet breakfast. Please come and see us again soon and thank you for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,
Jennifer Gove

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Fe? Share your experiences!