“Like having your own home in Santa Fe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chapelle Street Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
You added Chapelle Street Casitas to your Saves list
209 Chapelle Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
San Francisco Bay Area
“Like having your own home in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

Staying at the Chapelle St. Casitas is like having your own home in Santa Fe. I am so glad I made this choice. The casita was nicely furnished in tasteful Santa Fe style. The bedrooms were large and handsome, the living room was spacious and comfortable, and the kitchen clean and functional. Hardwood floors throughout. Easy walk to main square. Good service; the proprietor quickly returned my calls.
Who wants to stay in a deluxe hotel when you can have your own little place in town. Also, my 90 year old mother was very comfortable here. Highly recommend.
(Stayed at 225 Mckenzie)

• Stayed February 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

We stayed in Unit E of the McKenzie Street complex, which is operated by Chapelle Street Casitas. It is just around the corner from the Casa del Toro, where Casitas office is located.
Unit E is a studio, up a wooden staircase from the other units in the complex.
We didn't expect luxury for the price we paid; nor did we get it. The studio is basic, but it was clean and adequate for our needs for a short stay (four days); good value for the money for something centrally located in Santa Fe.
Main drawback is, as mentioned in another review of this establishment was the lack of the ongoing presence of an owner or owner's agent.
According to the email we received when we made the reservation, somebody would "generally" be available in the office at the main building from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. but when we got to Santa Fe we were told office hours were 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. On several occasions during the 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. period when we went by, nobody was there.
When they weren't there, we were supposed to telephone & leave a message, but the problem we were trying to correct, as it happened, was a problem with the telephone in the room, so telephoning was really not a good solution! (The management did give us a rebate of $20.00 on the phone, which never did get fixed.)
We were specifically told (by a notice on the back of the door) not to try to contact the office in the morning because the only people there at that time are the women doing the cooking for the B&B breakfast. However, it seems to me the morning, before you go out, is when you should be able to report or discuss any problems. What visitor to the city wants to spend part of the AFTERNOON trying to contact the person running their accommodation? That is when you want to be out & about.
I might also mention that the ownership might consider doing something about the lighting of that steep staircase up to this unit. There was a light outside our door, which lit up the upper few steps, but not the rest of the staircase, which was very dark. Some day somebody is going to fall down those steps & there will be some interesting liability issues. Luckily we both brought flashlights.

• Stayed October 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

Although we had a couple of minor problems, like only one coffee cup and a missing television, the issues were resolved literally within 5 minutes after notifying the owners. The accomodations are comfortable, clean, safe, and the proximity to the galleries, shops and museums is a real plus with parking being such a problem in the area. The atmosphere is definitely "laid back chic".....we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed October 2005
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

I have been staying in various establishments in Santa Fe for over 20 years, ranging from the luxury hotels to the cheap chains on Cerrillos, and in the past two years I have discovered a great, inexpensive place just a few blocks from the plaza called Chapelle Street Casitas and the Casa del Toro. As best I can tell, these are essentially the same entity spread around a nice little neighborhood about four blocks from the plaza. I've stayed in four different accommodations there and all have been excellent. They are not luxurious and don't pretend to be. They are comfortable units, each a little different, which contributes to my pleasant sense of anticipation when I'm enroute. I have never been disappointed. The little individual idiosyncrasies of each unit are usually amusing to me rather than annoying and I much prefer the unknown to a standard, boring hotel room. Our first visit to this establishment was when my husband and I were on our way to work on the Navajo Indian Reservation in 2003 and didn't have much money. When I called to make our reservation, Bruce and I talked about what we were about to do and he ended up giving us his nicest room at a substantial discount, saying "You're contributing, so I'll contribute." This, of course, promoted our loyalty and we've been back several times. Our last visit we stayed in their newest casita, room #9, which was a charming, light filled two room casita with a private walled in patio complete with our own hot tub. I love the informal, friendly ambience and the proximity to downtown. If anyone can tell me a better place for the money near the plaza, I'd like to hear about it!

• Stayed July 2005
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

We just returned home from our second time staying with Bruce at his Chapelle Street Casitas B & B and Vacation Rentals. We couldn't have been more THRILLED with their locations to downtown Santa Fe & the reasonable rates Bruce offers ~ we walked everywhere & had a blast !!!!
We stayed in a different casita each time and found the quality of service, cleanliness, breakfasts, and bakery goodies all perfect in every way !!!!
We brought our friends and they were just delighted to stay in an adorable room at the B & B. Our casita was quite large with a bedroom, a fireplace in a larger room, cable T.V., bathroom with skylight, kitchen, quiet friendly neighborhood, private sitting area outside, etc ...
We are hoping to come back to Santa Fe in 2006, can not WAIT to make ourselves at home once again at the Chapelle Street Casitas B & B and Vacation Rentals, & know that you all will LOVE them too !!!!

El Paso, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

Stayed at the Mckenzie street casita unit C. Fantastic location!! Didn't have to drive at all! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2005
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2005

We stayed here last summer, and it was a comfortable house with lots of space. There was only one problem, and it turned my stomach. There were white pubic hairs on the sheets. There were some sheets in the dryer in the kitchen, but we did not think we needed to put those on our bed. The more I thought about it, perhaps we WERE supposed to put our own sheets on our bed. It was obvious that the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests. That is just plain gross.

• Stayed July 2004
, Owner at Chapelle Street Casitas, responded to this review, May 27, 2005
We have a full scale commercial laundry on premises. And replaced all old equipment late last summer.

We NEVER leave sheets on beds from previous guests. BUT nothing and no one is perfect. Washing machines are not perfect. And even though cleaning people are instructed to check for hairs white pubes on white sheets might be a little hard to see.

Been to Chapelle Street Casitas? Share your experiences!