“Chapelle Casitas Rock!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chapelle Street Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
Save Saved
You added Chapelle Street Casitas to your Saves list
209 Chapelle Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Redwood City, CA
“Chapelle Casitas Rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I stayed at the Chapelle Casitas with my own family of 4 and 18 others in our extended family over the second-to-last week of December, 2008. The Chapelle Casitas allowed us to easily combine exploration and enjoyment of Santa Fe's unique art and culture with quality family time. It was a great holiday.

We rented 211 Chapelle C, and other family members stayed in the Adelante House (the 3 bedroom house next door at 229 McKenzie) , 216 McKenzie and 209 Chapelle B. These casitas worked wonderfully to support our big group. We had space for the whole group to gather in Adelante house for meals, many of which we cooked ourselves. Families with small children were able to retreat easily into their own casita for naps or just some separate time.

The walk to the Plaza and nearby attractions was extremely convenient, even for our 4-year-olds, and we were in great shape to continue our adventures even when a big snowfall came. In fact, folks were constantly making quick little trips over to the Plaza, to see the holiday lights at night, or check back on a favorite artist at the Palace of the Governors. The Chapelle casitas and Adelante house were close enough to each other to let kids frolic in the yards and go back and forth to visit their cousins safely own their own.

It was a pleasure working with Paul - he worked hard to ensure that we had everything we needed, and was always available if we had questions or needed something extra. He is a great person and funny, too! He and the chef from the little restaurant even hosted the kids to make "cookies for Santa" for a couple of hours on Christmas eve.

Some Casitas have been upgraded more than others, but all were decorated in a wonderful Santa Fe style, with bold colors, great little fireplaces, and art/artefacts throughout; this really helped us enjoy the Santa Fe experience for the entire time. Our Chapelle 211 C was one of the more-modest ones, but it was comfy and cosy in the cold weather, and a great deal for the price. Our kitchen worked well and had a spunky little gas stove that we even used to cook a turkey! I would recommend Paul and these charming casitas to anyone (and already have!).

• Liked — Close to the plaza and real Santa Fe style
  • Disliked — We had to try a little to park easily after the big snowstorm.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Copenhagen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This guy is a total crook - he took more than $200 out of my account without my authorization even though I cancelled our reservation in good time, and even though I've contacted him 15 times by phone and e-mail he never returns my calls. Whatever you do, don't give this guy your credit card details.

• Liked — nice-looking, central place
  • Disliked — they've cheated me for over $200
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
casadeltoro, owner at Chapelle Street Casitas, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Not a scam, an industry standard deposit and cancellation policy. Pretty much every vacation rental and bed and breakfast takes a deposit when you make a reservation. And that is what we did. We explain the deposit and cancellation policy when we make the reservation and follow up with an email.

This person cancelled their reservation about 18 hours before they were to arrive which left us with an empty room on a VERY busy weekend before Christmas. We take most of our reservations weeks in advance and unfortunately were unable to rebook the room.

At this point MOST Inns do not refund the depsit and the story is over. We have what I think is a very fair policy, and the guest now has a credit that can be used for a future stay.

I was on Vacation when most of this happened. As I undertand it this person called and emailed about 5 times a day every day while I was gone.

I have informed them that they have a credit and I hope all is resolved.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

We where looking for a place to stay close to the Plaze that wouldn't break our budget in Santa Fe and this little house was perfect. The house was clean and quiet and even though I don't cook on vacation, it was nice to have a full size frig. and little kitchen. We were able to walk to the museums, shops, church's and Plaza and not worry about parking nor feel like it was such a hike that we didn't want to go out again. This was such a nice change from the hotels on our trip which tend to be so boring after awhile. We would return and will recommend the Chappelle St. Casitas.

• Liked — Quiet and convenient to plaza
  • Disliked — Decor is a little boring but it's still OK.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Very friendly staff. Very close walking distance to plaza. Great deal for the money. The owners love Santa Fe and it shows.

• Liked — proximity to plaza
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Chapelle Street Casitas for our girl's trip. We both loved it. We stayed in the Chapelle St Unit D. It is on the end of the block of 4 units. When I called to make my reservations, Paul recommended this unit. It was very spacious, had a large bathroom and living area. I only have a few complaints. I slept on the couch bed and it was not very comfortable. It might be OK for children to sleep on, however. I didn't find any extra linens for the couch bed either, but then again I didn't ask for any. I brought my own blanket and pillow, so I was OK. My friend said the bed in the bedroom was comfortable. The kitchen had plenty of plates, cups and untensils although we did not cook while we were there. There was a patio with a table and chair outside of Unit D. It is within walking distance of the plaza which is nice. They don't recommend parking on the street since it is for residents, so the parking lot for this unit was just down the street. We both felt safe in the neighborhood. I will stay here next time I got to Santa Fe. We both loved Paul. He was very personable and funny! As far as price, I don't think you will find a better value in Santa Fe.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

We are a family of four and recently stayed for a week at the Chapelle Street Casitas (Adelante House). We had a wonderful time! The house is located in a quiet section just a five-minute walk from the Plaza. Paul at the Casa del Toro was very helpful to us in suggesting places to see and things to do. The house was nicely furnished and comfortable. The price was fair enough.

• Liked — convenient, comfortable, adequate parking, fair price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frisco, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

As soon as we arrived we drove straight up to our casita (260 1/2 Staab Street) and it was lovely. The keys were inside waiting for us. Wood beam ceilings, colorful walls, cute tiles in the shower, all wood floors and a lovely white picket fence outside so we could let our dogs out on their own. The kitchenette was small and adorable with the punched tin cabinets. The casita overall was very clean. There was an a/c and it was needed at night as the windows were not positioned for good air flow. We were a hop, skip and jump from the main square in the plaza; Yet is was a very quiet neighborhood.

The negs: The bed was very hard, it needs a new one. The AC broke in the middle of the night on the last night there.

Our friends had a room on Mackenzie St, their back door was 10 feet from our front door. They had a larger one bedroom and it very cute as well. They also commented their room needed a new bed.

We paid $98 a night, the dog fee was a flat $20 for the three nights and I felt it was totally worth the value. We were very pleased with our stay. I highly recommend the casita we stayed in. Paul at the front desk is very friendly and helpful.

Santa Fe is a lovely town with great food, good shopping and an excellent atmosphere! Check out my extensive trip report on the Santa Fe forum for more info.

• Liked — Convience of our Casita to Town. Cute little adobe casita with traditional NM feel.
  • Disliked — Very hard bed.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chapelle Street Casitas? Share your experiences!