“Super Option in Santa Fe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chapelle Street Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
Save Saved
You added Chapelle Street Casitas to your Saves list
209 Chapelle Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Dallas, Texas
“Super Option in Santa Fe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have stayed at the Chapelle Street Casitas for years and keep coming back.So much is positive about them.Best thing this year is they have started doing breakfast again.And it is delicious.The location of the Casitas can't be beat.Less than a block from the Square and so many restaurants and such in walking distance as well as the Georgia O'Keefe Museum.Bonus at the end of the street is a Bumble Bee restaurant which is wonderful and inexpensive for when you first get in and don't feel like really going out. They have all different sized properties.I've stayed in ones ranging from one room to a house for 12 people.I find them easy to work with every time.My only criticism is the WIFI is always unreliable.Some properties have Kiva style fireplaces.

Room Tip: If its cooler weather ask for a Kiva fireplace room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just off the Plaza in downtown old town. Just a five minute walk to the center of the action. Inexpensive and owner operated - several rooms and bungalows that are just right. No frills but they do have a pig barbeque on Saturday's in the summer and the restaurant does provide a breakfast - unfortunately I did not make it t either. Bruce is the owner and Jody does the reservations

Room Tip: Check their website they have videos and pictures.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I'm normally a planner, and rarely wait until the day before to make reservations, but a spontaneous trip resulted in last minute travel plans. My husband and I were traveling with a guest from Afghanistan, and felt more secure in a two-bedroom suite configuration so we could all be together but still have privacy. We were in half of a duplex off of Staab Street, and the location as perfect. Prior to arrival, we were sent a lengthy confirmation email detailing all we needed to know and more! Our casita was great, clean, and had everything we needed. Traveling without surprises is always a plus. The hospitality was outstanding and we wished for more time. The included breakfast was a plus and allowed us a low key, friendly way to start our days. I particularly liked good water pressure and ample hot water for the three of us to take showers. Parking just outside our door was also a plus. We will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
nashville Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the casita. Having my own "little house" for a few days was so much more pleasant than being stuck in a hotel room.
I stayed for 3 nights at 211 Chapelle C, a small 1 BR, with a queen bed, full kitchen, full bath. There was also a front living room with a futon that could have served as an extra bed. I found it quite charming, even with the old creaky wooden floors, which only added to the charm. I loved the way it was decorated; with bright and cheery colors, an antique wardrobe, and a very comfortable bed.
The place was very clean when I arrived; everything I could have needed for the kitchen was there. The quiet residential neighborhood seemed quite safe and was within walking distance of nearly everything I wanted to do; only a block from the O’Keefe museum, and a 5 minute walk to the plaza and many great restaurants.
The price was extremely reasonable, and breakfast was included in the cost. The breakfasts were wonderful; there was a side bar with fresh made coffee, orange juice, cinnamon rolls, muffins, hot water and a selection of teas. Then a hot breakfast selection was cooked fresh per customer. There was only one breakfast selection for each day, but they were all fresh and delicious: day 1 was eggs scrambled with mushrooms and zucchini in a tortilla, with wonderful homemade green chile sauce, and pico de gallo on a bed of arugula. Day 2 was pork (or you could choose veggy) tamales- again with the wonderful green chile, and on day 3 there were stuffed chile rellenos. It was all delicious.
I definitely recommend this to others and I would certainly stay there again if I return to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: look at the videos on the website to see exactly what you are renting.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

(Stayed in 316A Staab)

If you want to park the car and not get back in it until you leave, this is a great choice. It's a very short and charming walk to the plaza. You're just a couple of blocks away from a great pizzeria (Pizzeria Da Lino), as well as the current #2 (Clafoutis French Bakery) and #4 (Holy Spirit Espresso) rated restaurants in Santa Fe on TripAdvisor, both great spots for breakfast.

The casita is cozy and functional. There are two bedrooms that can easily accommodate two people each on comfortable beds. There's a full kitchen with full-sized washer/dryer and an adjoining dining table. The kiva (fireplace) is great for cold nights, though the heating in the house is more than suitable if you don't want to play with fire. The couch in the living room isn't a sofa bed, but I can attest to it being useful enough for sleeping as long as you're not too big/tall. The TV (with Dish Network) is rather small, but you're not going to Santa Fe to watch TV. There's a nice patio with furniture and a gas grill (didn't use the grill).

Highly recommend this spot as an alternative to a standard hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was in one of the old officer's barrack. The bed was comfortable & had quality linens. This is not luxurious, but is the best value in Santa Fe. The location is perfect. The wonderful breakfast at Casa del Toro added to our enjoyment. Max was in charge while we were there (over the Christmas holiday). She charmed both my husband & me with her hospitality. We will definitely stay here again

Stayed December 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at 209 Chappelle Street; the home and location were perfect. The home has kiva fireplaces, a full kitchen, tile floors, comfy furniture and beautiful artwork. It's in a quiet residential neighborhood just a few blocks from the Plaza. Once we arrived, we left the car parked and walked the rest of the time. Plus, the breakfast is fantastic. This is much better than any hotel experience. Thanks for a great stay Max!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chapelle Street Casitas? Share your experiences!