“Chapelle Street Casitas have charm! I loved it there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chapelle Street Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chapelle Street Casitas
You added Chapelle Street Casitas to your Saves list
209 Chapelle Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Dallas, TX
“Chapelle Street Casitas have charm! I loved it there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Chapelle Street Casitas for our girl's trip. We both loved it. We stayed in the Chapelle St Unit D. It is on the end of the block of 4 units. When I called to make my reservations, Paul recommended this unit. It was very spacious, had a large bathroom and living area. I only have a few complaints. I slept on the couch bed and it was not very comfortable. It might be OK for children to sleep on, however. I didn't find any extra linens for the couch bed either, but then again I didn't ask for any. I brought my own blanket and pillow, so I was OK. My friend said the bed in the bedroom was comfortable. The kitchen had plenty of plates, cups and untensils although we did not cook while we were there. There was a patio with a table and chair outside of Unit D. It is within walking distance of the plaza which is nice. They don't recommend parking on the street since it is for residents, so the parking lot for this unit was just down the street. We both felt safe in the neighborhood. I will stay here next time I got to Santa Fe. We both loved Paul. He was very personable and funny! As far as price, I don't think you will find a better value in Santa Fe.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

We are a family of four and recently stayed for a week at the Chapelle Street Casitas (Adelante House). We had a wonderful time! The house is located in a quiet section just a five-minute walk from the Plaza. Paul at the Casa del Toro was very helpful to us in suggesting places to see and things to do. The house was nicely furnished and comfortable. The price was fair enough.

• Liked — convenient, comfortable, adequate parking, fair price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frisco, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

As soon as we arrived we drove straight up to our casita (260 1/2 Staab Street) and it was lovely. The keys were inside waiting for us. Wood beam ceilings, colorful walls, cute tiles in the shower, all wood floors and a lovely white picket fence outside so we could let our dogs out on their own. The kitchenette was small and adorable with the punched tin cabinets. The casita overall was very clean. There was an a/c and it was needed at night as the windows were not positioned for good air flow. We were a hop, skip and jump from the main square in the plaza; Yet is was a very quiet neighborhood.

The negs: The bed was very hard, it needs a new one. The AC broke in the middle of the night on the last night there.

Our friends had a room on Mackenzie St, their back door was 10 feet from our front door. They had a larger one bedroom and it very cute as well. They also commented their room needed a new bed.

We paid $98 a night, the dog fee was a flat $20 for the three nights and I felt it was totally worth the value. We were very pleased with our stay. I highly recommend the casita we stayed in. Paul at the front desk is very friendly and helpful.

Santa Fe is a lovely town with great food, good shopping and an excellent atmosphere! Check out my extensive trip report on the Santa Fe forum for more info.

• Liked — Convience of our Casita to Town. Cute little adobe casita with traditional NM feel.
  • Disliked — Very hard bed.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

We just returned from a trip to the southwest and spent three nights in Santa Fe at the Chapelle Street Casitas. We had a very positive and happy experience there. Our little apartment had a bedroom with comfortable king sized bed, great bathroom, wonderfully equipped eat-in kitchen, and large living room with flat-screened TV and wireless access. The breakfast included in the price was excellent and the whole package was of exceptional value in a superior location. In addition Paul was extremely helpful with advice about what to see and do (don't miss the O'Keeffe museum and the Folk Art Museum) and take the historic walking tour suggested by Paul - just great (our tour guide was "Donna" - terrific). Buy jewelry at the Palace of the Governors from the Navajo and Pueblo Indians who are there everyday. Ogle the fantastic art of Canyon Road and the great shopping in downtown Santa Fe around the Plaza. Don't expect daily maid service or fancy bottles of shampoo and lotion in the casitas. If you want that, go to an overpriced hotel. But really, this was so much better than anything one could get at a hotel. Highly recommended!

• Liked — great accommodation with great location and value
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and it was a sheer delight. We booked a small 1 bedroom casita but when we arrived, we were upgraded AT NO EXTRA CHARGE to a small house, all to ourselves! The accommodations were great...clean, updated , cute and the decor was very Santa Fe..We had our own parking spot right in fronf of the house. Also, the manager, Paul, was so helpful...we had a few problems with the wi-fi connection (Cable company issue) and Paul spent all day working on it until ilt was fixed. We were able to get wifi access every day, thanks to him. The breakfasts are wonderful..always a hot option, plus home made granola, varied breads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea ...Mary, breakfast lady, was so helpful with tourist tips..Paul was very helpful with this as well. Santa Fe is a unique city that oozes charm and this is a perfect place to stay!! I would highly recommend it to all!! Thanks Bruce, Paul and Mary!!!

• Liked — Location---near everything!!!
  • Disliked — There was nothing to dislike..
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

The Chapelle Street Casitas are a comfortable, affordable and excellent choice for your Santa Fe stay. Location, location, location... the Casitas are only a few short blocks from The Plaza! Although you are provided safe off-street parking, you can walk almost everywhere you want to go. The casitas are non-smoking - much appreciated by non-smokers. Wireless service allows you to keep up with your Inbox and Google all the sites and events in Santa Fe from the comfort of your room. I plan to return to the Chapelle St. Casitas again and again.
I stayed at Chapelle Street Casitas from 11 May to 12 June 2007

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

We stayed at the Chappelle Street Casitas in April 2007 for a weekend getaway in Santa Fe. The accomodations were lovely, spacious, and clean. Our casita included a large living room with a fireplace, generously sized bathroom, comfortable bedroom, and the kitchen had obviously been recently renovated.

The location was perfect - around the corner from the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, down the road from some great restaurants, and a five minute walk to the Plaza. The casita also offered a fantastic home-cooked breakfast every morning that was absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful in suggesting things to do off the beaten track.

The only complaint was tight parking, but otherwise, this was a great bargain and I enjoyed staying there so much that I'm headed back just a month later!

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Tight parking
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Chapelle Street Casitas? Share your experiences!