“A great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Florida
“A great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This place is a little run down BUT the room was super clean and well maintained. Easy access to room and well managed property. Terrific value and centrally located with tons of services such as restaurants and stores up and down the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank DeanneHA

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My Daughter and I had the Kings Rest Court picked out from online information. When we got there we were surprised by how run down the place looked. I asked for a key and took a look at the room. Glad I did. While the bathroom was clean, the room had peeling paint and a carpet that looked like it had never been cleaned. We returned the key and headed on down the road.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Debcrouch
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We found our room very comfortable- actually two rooms, which was an unexpected boon, as I could escape the TV. The place was scrupulously clean. It was Indian Market weekend, but they didn't jack up their rates (unlike almost all other motels). The motel dates from 1939 and boasts that it had the first neon sign in Santa Fe. There's covered parking, although 30's cars were smaller, and some present day patrons prefer to park in the open air. We had no trouble fitting with a modern SUV. It was truly a trip to the past, but less expensive than a time machine and close to downtown Santa Fe. It certainly will be my choice of a place to stay in Santa Fe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JohnLander L
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to Sante Fe we booked a room at this hotel. It is a no frills place but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. We used our own pillows as theirs were a bit "tired" overall for the price it was a good choice and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Davleo58
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

So we didn't have reservations and walked in to check out the rooms. They are a little drab and very dated but we were looking for a little character and the price is right and the location is a little closer to the Plaza than some of the other chain hotels. We were looking to stay in one of the old Route 66 hotels. I can see why some people comment on the room heater, it is vertical and about 6' high and to the right when one enters, I don't know how hot it gets but it might be an issues in such cramped quarters. It was hot for us so we didn't use it. The bathroom is on the older side but the bed was comfortable and there was hot water. Overall, it feels like a motel and we appreciated it for the character as well as affordable price. It is <2km to the Plaza so was very convenient. The front desk was efficient, not overly friendly but not troublesome.
There is some road noise audible but nothing that disturbed our sleep. I had to mention it to my partner for him to pick up on it and he's usually the one with difficulty sleeping. We had #5 which is next to the check in area, so you could ask for something a little further back off the road - but we were there for one night and it really didn't bother us.
We probably wouldn't go back but for the price and the nostalgia, I don't regret staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tropicalnorth
Culver City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at Kings Rest Court for the Indian Market. We had Room #11, which has 2 separate bedrooms (quite convenient). The family that owns this place does a great job with customer service and cleanliness of the rooms. We had a very comfortable stay, and it was easy getting to the market. Although it is older than me, I wish I looked this good!

Room Tip: Far away from road. For 2 beds try #11, it has two separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Sena W
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I encountered a front desk clerk who became belligerent in response to my (diplomatic) dismay over the motel not having my reservation and having booked the last non-smoking room just seconds before. I tried to laugh off his attitude and he literally mocked my laugh. I told him that I would report this to the CVB and Better Business Bureau and log a bad review online and he told me I could call CNN for all he cared. Though this was a business trip and I could have reserved a higher priced chain motel, I chose to stay at an independent operator. Though brief, it ended up being one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a motel and I've traveled the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business