“Great Place in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars

Santa Fe Winter Getaway
Ranked #10 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Great Place in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

In September, we and 2 friends spent a week at Hacienda Nicolas. The stay was wonderful, and within a short walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and its restaurants and museums. The room, although rather small, had a very comfortable bed and was very adequate for our needs. Breakfasts were excellent and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable as to hiking and events in the area. The atmosphere is warm and we met interesting people. One of the things we especially loved was sitting in the lovely patio area in the afternoon with a glass of wine and talking with other other guests. We also loved that we were close to many great hikes. Recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Hacienda Nicholas that opens on the patio. Very quiet and very pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Freeland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Carolyn and her crew at both Hacienda Nicholas and the sister B and B, The Madeleine, just know how to make a stay special! With delicious breakfasts, a fun social hour, and great hospitality in a beautiful atmosphere, I just can't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Convenient walking distance to area attractions and restaurants, comfortable rooms, peaceful setting; would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Some of the nicest, friendliest people you ever want to meet, and a real bargain in Santa Fe. The Facility is terrrrriiifffffic and I would stay here any time I go to Santa Fe. The Food is excellent, and the fires were wonderful. The Room was very comfy and it is a short walk to down town! Just believe me and give it a try and you will be hooked. The cowboy cook really knows the area and tells enough stories to entertain you for the day!

Room Tip: Come before dark to get the lay of the facility, It can be tricky
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wading River, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I have been vacationing at the Hacienda for the last six years. We feel welcomed and at home. The rooms comfortably evoke the southwest. There is a living room and fireplace for reading, talking, or taking breakfast. In warm weather breakfast in the courtyard next to the pocket garden where hummingbirds visit and watch the sun and clouds in the brilliant blue sky. Afternoon brings tea and cookies and later an appetizer to be shared under the portal. Carolyn Lee and her staff are warm and helpful. The breakfasts are not to be missed and certainly not rushed through. The homemade granola is a must but save room for the main course which is an always delicious. Linger over coffee and plan your day. There is a lot to see. Don't miss the Nirvana Spa across the street. A great way to end a busy day!

Room Tip: We have tried almost every room and loved them all.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I had an absolutely lovely 3 night stay at Hacienda Nicholas in early October. My room was the Chamisa, on the small courtyard. It had a huge four poster bed and a lovely little kiva fireplace that I used every night. The service was marvellous..I both had lots of privacy and lots of individualized attention. I felt that I was staying in the lovely home of a really respectful and attentive friend. Breakfast was GREAT and I was addicted to the afternoon cookies. Couldn't ask for a better location. I personally really liked not having to deal with front desk people, bellhops, etc. The privacy was pricelss. I also liked the super easy self park I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

On our way home from Loma Linda Hospital where my husband had just gone through proton treatment we decided we wanted to take a long leisurely drive back to the midwest where we live. We had a disastrous stay in Flagstaff and I have never had that happen in a bed and breakfast in my life. I called the staff at Hacienda Nicholas and told them what had happened on our first night travels and would they let us come to them a night early. What a relief that our suite was available and they allowed us to come in at FOUR in the morning. Talking to them I just knew this was going to be a safe bet. ( I use to own a b&b and only stay at them and never had I had a bad experience until I arrived at the nameless one in Arizona.) Even with a husband under the weather we left Flagstaff immediately and made the six hour drive to Santa Fe'. We would have been devastated if it had not been every thing they promised. The room was amazingly beautiful and clean. The bed was sheer delight, the perfect amount of firm yet soft after a long tiring drive. There is a small TV if you wish to use it, but the room is so very lush it invites you to relax and read. Even during the day it was an Oasis for sleep and recuperation from three long months and one horrible night, the day before. They were kind enough to let us arrive a bit late for breakfast. The food was made in that perfect Santa Fe' tradition hot and delicious. They also offer yogurts and fresh fruit that was wonderful. Granola and other goodies are available. The staff makes sure you have everything you might need or want, without hovering. They make sure there is plenty of water in the common room downstairs and there is a marvelous living room area to relax and regroup. The other guest were delightful and courteous. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone, either just as a restful get away or a wonderful place to stay while you can walk to the wonderful stores and sites that only Santa Fe' has to offer. I "liked" it on Facebook! My only regret was I was so busy relaxing I did not take the time to relax at the adjoining Salon. I will be back! Many thanks, Shannon and Roger.

Room Tip: Just tell them exactly what you need!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hacienda Nicholas Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!