“A variety of fun-filled experiences for children” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Fe Children's Museum

Santa Fe Children's Museum
1050 Old Pecos Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Downtown)
505 989 8359
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 110 Attractions in Santa Fe
Type: Children's Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A great way to share fun and learning with the family at this exciting museum that offers interactive exhibits on the arts, sciences and humanities.
Sherborn, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
“A variety of fun-filled experiences for children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went with our 26-month-old grandson and other family members, including a 17-month-old boy. The children and six of us adults all enjoyed more than an hour of interesting hands-on activities. Well worth a visit!

Visited July 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
“Small but Entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We live in Santa Fe. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 5 yr old girl. The children's museum is small compared to other children's museums around the country. It has been recently remodeled and new exhibits offered. There are indoor and outdoor activities. The museum is open year round and has changed their hours to include Mondays. My daughter's favorite activity is the face painting and my son's is between the giant bubbles and the water falls. The main theme of this place is reusing and recycling...sticking close to nature. The cost is reasonable $6.00 per person. If you are a New Mexico Resident...they have A Sunday special $2.00 per person if you show your NM I.D. Staff is friendly. The building is mostly built on an open floor plan. There are limited activities for children year round..so the children's museum is great!

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Great place for so many!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been taking our twin girls there for the past two years. They are four now, and they love it! Water features to play with, a variety of things to do and new activities from last year to this year. Looking forward to several years to come. The museum always seems to have something new.

Visited June 2013
Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Great set of activities for all kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was impressed that there were activities of many kinds for all ages of kids. My 2 year old was entertained for just as long as my 4 year old twins... and the school age kids that were there that day.
Even with a school group it didn't seem overcrowded. Each activity had it's own space and there were plenty of workers going around making sure everything was operating properly and messes were cleaned up.

Bubbles table, craft table, physics lessons with pulleys and pumping machine, pet snake (kids got to pet it), climbing area for under 4' kids, padded area with books for toddlers, kitchen and dressup areas, stage for puppet shows, and more.

Then... outside there's a whole garden and conservation learning center. It was an unexpected treasure. My kids didn't want to leave.
I wish we'd brought picnic lunch items to eat in the tented tables area.

We had fun watching our kids explore.

Visited May 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Took two grumpy 10 year olds who complained bitterly that they would rather go shopping with mom than visit a "museum". "I don't want to look at things" they said. I was pretty nervous as we drove up. The name just doesn't do the place justice. From the moment we walked in the boys had a fantastic time. We left for lunch and went back again. There are so many things to do that its hard to believe that they are all packed in (and around) this quite small facility. I had one other father and two grandfathers with me and its hard to say who had the best time. Lots of hands on activities, mostly related to science. Not to be sexist - the girls seemed to be having fun as well. Loved this place. I hear they were almost bankrupt but apparently they have a new director. I grew up as a kid visiting Santa Fe and I wish it was there when I was young.

Visited May 2013