“Deserve Nivarna in the sky - Get out of Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Thousand Waves - Houses of the Moon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Fe
Ten Thousand Waves - Houses of the Moon
Save Saved
You added Ten Thousand Waves - Houses of the Moon to your Saves list
3451 Hyde Park Rd., 4 Mi From The Plaza On Road To Santa Fe Ski Basin (Box 10200), Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Hyde Park)   |
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Lake Tahoe (California), California
“Deserve Nivarna in the sky - Get out of Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

While listening to two women rave about this spa in the mountains outside of Santa Fe, I thought they just do not know how many hot springs are available in New Mexico. I called and was told the day rate for using the pool. Parking is easy but the Japanese wooden stairs seem like a long climb. If you are not in shape, park at the top parking lot. If this is full, call and they will send a golf cart down to pick you up at your car. Simply, this is Japan. The couples massage rooms are sensual and fragrant with the mountain breeze and smell of pinion pine. There is a large woman's pool which what was being raved about at breakfast. As a guy, I wandered further up the platforms to a wooden sunken hot pool and cold mountain water mineral plunge pool. This is well marked, adult only, clothing optional area. Meaning you might find body builder and elders sun tanning around you. Do not ask for one of the small trailers - they are tear drop 50 rigs. They explain every detail to you on their web page and in person. Stay in Santa Fe if going "au natural" is not you thing.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the camper trailers at the bottom of the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's such a shame some of the previous reviewers had stressful experiences, ours was absolutely just the opposite. Complete relaxation. The rooms were very clean and Japanese stylish with the assorted snacks of fruit and granola as stated. The robes are a nice touch and you also have an outer one to use while walking to the spa/pool. It's nice because I think with the orange outer one they know you are staying with them so a little extra VIP treatment. My massage with Jo Jo was the best I have ever had. I can not say how much I enjoyed this and her technique . The morning pool before the spa opens to the public is also a great benefit.
They are working on placing a restaurant here with sake distlling. Can't wait. If you need food, they do have sandwich/lite snacks at the spa but also you can order and have delivered from town.
Yes we will be back and I hope I can get Jo Jo for another massage.

Room Tip: Book a massage with Jo. Jo
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I took a short trip to Santa Fe with a focus on experiencing the Spa area of this place. They messed up our reservations two nights in a row for a private spa. After giving us the wrong time on night one, they offered us reservations for the next night. We changed all our plans to be there only to arrive and they double booked and we got the short end of the deal. TWO NIGHTS IN ROW of bad management and horrible customer service! The spa is dirty, they don't clean the water after each session and the staff is terrible. The lodging was okay, but our last morning we found three bugs in the bath towel. I've never stayed anywhere with bed bugs, but I looked them up online when we got home and they sure looked like what we found on the towels. Santa Fe is great, but don't waste your time at this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had an amazing experience Ten Thousand Waves. It was my first time and won't be my last. The facilities, top notch. Great location away from the city.

Spa: Well managed and staffed, there was always a polite attendant near. I tried two treatments while I was here, the 50 minute massage and the salt scrub. The massage was exceptional. I have had massage treatments before, but this was by far the best one I have had. Wayne was the masseuse, very professional, well experienced, and is a great representation of what this spa is like. Joe was the person who gave me the salt scrub. Awesome, I felt the grime and age fall off. It's been a week since I got these two treatments and still feel great.

Hotel: We stayed at High Moon, beautiful rooms, attentive staff, well stocked kitchen and I recommend a room with a fireplace. We had one burning all the time, very relaxing and intimate.

Really loved the place.

Room Tip: Get one with a fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
santa monica, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have stayed here probably 6 times. I've loved all of the rooms. I love the minimalism, the grounds and the spa. Not a full serve hotel- but has kitchenettes so can make food in the room. I love the zen and out of the wayness. Just a short drive down to town. A must stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love the concept of 10,000 waves. A japanese style resort with emphasis on spa and simplistic, natural styling. However, our room just fell short. It felt like it needed an update. Maybe a bit of styling to bring it together. On a positive note, I love the grounds and the location. The walk to the spa area was lovely and I enjoyed my spa service very much. My girlfriends and I enjoyed the japanese bath experience and all received massage services. The spa services are top notch. I just feel like they should invest in freshening up the cabins. We rented two cabins for the four of us, and both just seemed a bit run down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had visited the spa during previous trips to Santa Fe but wanted to stay on property to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday.

We were scheduled to stay in the Tsuki villa. However, while we were driving to Santa Fe, we received a call stating that there had been a plumbing problem that was not going to be able to be fixed immediately resulting in them having to close the villa and move scheduled guests for 3 weeks. The bad thing for us was that they were completely booked for the weekend and they had no place for us on their property.

Long story short...these people understand customer service! They not only made reservations for us at a nice location in town, they paid the bill.

While we were disappointed that we were not able to stay at the property, we will be back and try again. We did enjoy our time at the spa (see my review on the spa) and highly recommend this group to everyone.

It isn't often that you find a business that still understands the importance of customer service. Kudos to Ten Thousand Waves!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ten Thousand Waves - Houses of the Moon? Share your experiences!