“Splendid Simplicity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Splendid Simplicity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect spot to enjoy all aspects of Santa Fe. It's minimal, Southwest style is enjoyable,as well. This hotel is in the perfect spot to enjoy all aspects of Santa Fe. It's minimal, Southwest style is enjoyable,as well. This hotel is in the perfect spot to enjoy all aspects of Santa Fe. It's minimal, Southwest style is enjoyable,as well. This hotel is in the perfect spot to enjoy all aspects of Santa Fe. It's minimal, Southwest style is enjoyable,as well. This hotel is in the perfect spot to enjoy all aspects of Santa Fe. It's minimal, Southwest style is enjoyable,as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel for many years. It's simple, understated and peaceful. The walls are thick and i loved my room at the back #225.
Centrally located, I enjoyed my stay during Indian Market this year. I even watched a lovely sunset with a soft rain shower out my bedroom window.

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Lovely breakfasts by the fountain on the patio. First-rate service from Jerry, Eric and Leah! Back to granola and kale at home tomorrow, sigh...We didn't stay at the hotel but were drawn to the cool and shady spot as we walked by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AlderKaitlin, Front Office Manager at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello and thank you for posting a review about your experience at Tabla de los Santos restaurant. Their staff members were pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal and the service. We would love to welcome you back for more great food and a lovely night's stay at our historic Hotel St Francis. Alder Seaman
Big Sky, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

When you enter the lobby, it sets the tone. It is lovely, with stone floors, high ceilings and afelling of a time gone by. If you love big, modern, cookie cutter hotel rooms, this is not the place for you.
Yes, the rooms are small--but how much time do you really spend in your room. They are, however, nicely appointed, clean and full of old world charm. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Our time was limited and the front desk got us on our way promptly after putting our luggage in storage as we arrived way before check-in time.
The location is perfect, off the central plaza but a stone's throw away--near all the fun of the hustle and bustle but far enough not to deal with the noise and crowds if you didn't want to.
The parking is very convenient, right next door to the hotel. It is self-parking, which frankly I prefer.
I go to Santa Fe and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hello cbp59716 and thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay from the very beginning walking through our front doors. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back whenever you are in Santa Fe again! Thank you, Alder Seaman
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found a lot of travelers' comments to be fair so the hotel met my expectations. We had a good rate and stayed for 4 night. The rooms are small and the linens are indeed a little grey. We also had some slow service at the front desk in early mornings. However, the location is pretty good, the service was very friendly and the beds were nice. Since we were out most of the time the room size didn't bother us. We did the complimentary city tour which was enjoyable. I would recommend it to those who don't expect perfection that comes at higher prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello AnastaciaNYC; thank you for giving us a review. We appreciate you taking the time! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the overall location and service. We'd love to welcome you back the next time you are traveling in the area. Alder Seaman
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can't not thank the Hotel St. Francis enough for making my wedding weekend, including my reception, an absolute dream. Christen Hadley, their event manager, instantly became a friend from our first encounter in December of last year. No matter what the request, Christen handled it with a smile on her face. She was the best part about planning my wedding, and I truly would say she treated me like family.

Every guest from my wedding stayed at this hotel, and was greeted by a wonderful staff with A+ hospitality. Upon my arrival, a couple of my guest's rooms had been lost in "the mix", but within 15 short minutes Alder, the front desk manager, had dissolved the problem and found everyone a room. No big deal.

If you are reading this and looking for a place to have your reception in Santa Fe for 50-120 people, this was absolutely the BEST place I ever could have imagined. The lobby area for our cocktail hour was so naturally beautiful that it didn't need ANY additional decorating. Our plated dinner was held in the restaurant (Table de los Santos) and once again this HARDLY needs decorating with the beautiful wood tables, leather chairs and stone fireplace creating a warm and intimate atmosphere.

The food and drinks I will certainly write about in another review, but WOW. The bar manager, Chris, could not have been more welcoming to myself, and my friends/family. He was more than accommodating, and he is a GREAT mixologist. Highly recommend getting a drink at the Secreto Lounge when you are in town. And then there is Julie who owns the restaurant. People could not stop talking about the food that was served at our wedding. This is NOT banquet-style food. This is gourmet food that is absolutely unforgettable, and cooked to PERFECTION.

The rating of "excellent" does not even begin to describe the experience I had at this location. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped make my wedding a beautiful success! I will come back and visit soon:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello hrod1031, and thank you so much for your lovely review of Hotel St Francis. We were all so pleased to be a part of your beautiful wedding and are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the festivities! It was our pleasure helping you and your wedding guests. From the sales team to the restaurant staff to the front office staff, we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back for an anniversary celebration in the future! Alder Seaman
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice hotel, near the central plaza. Great front desk staff. Rooms are a bit small, but nice. No coffee maker. Dingy bed linens and towels. Good breakfast in outside restaurant, even tho the waitstaff neglected us afte3r serving our meal. Gouge price on room prior to Indian Market Weekend. Ouch!

Room Tip: Some rooms are minute, so ask for another.