“Very Good Customer” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Good Customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was satisfied with this hotel. The room was albeit small. I stayed in a classic queen room. There was not enough counter space around the sink area which was outside of the bathroom. However I mad it work for me. Low lighting in the Bathroom. However, it was ok. There was a shower and not a bathtub which was ok. Room had a flat screen TV. The bed was very nice and comfortable. The maid service was excellent. They were very friendly and prompt in cleaning the room. Excellent customer service on the front desk and in the restaurant. The food in the restaurant was good. Excellent location and was in walking distance of the historic plaza and other points of interest.
This is a historic hotel which I thought I would not originally like. However, I ended up liking it very much. Would definitely stay in this hotel again. Their Customer Service should be a role model
for other hotels and business. They appear to put the customer first.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel located right in the heart of Santa Fe is quiet charming. The lobby is relaxing in the evening with the fireplace and candlelights creating an old world feel. The rooms themselves are small but to be expected with an historic hotel. The front desk clerk did explain that the room was small and offered an upgrade but for our 1 night we decided on the less expensive but small room. As a New Mexico resident, we got a rate under $100 in this fine hotel. We will plan on staying here again soon as we live nearby.

Room Tip: If staying more than 1 night, pay the extra for a larger room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Townsend WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel has changed dramatically since my last stay there about 5 years ago. Then it had a doorman, a lively lobby, charming if dated rooms, and seemed well-loved and cared for by the staff. The hotel had been renovated since then, so we were expecting an even better stay. However, it was not to be. The phone in our room was so dirty I had to clean it with alcohol and a cotton swab just to stand to look at it. The towels and sheets should have been retired long ago. The mattress was so soft that I was able to feel my spouse's every toss and turn.There was a strange smell in the elevator. While the location is still terrific and the food in the restaurant is very good, the place has lost its charm and just seemed like a place to sleep - nothing more. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was recently part of a wedding party staying at the St Francis. The staff were very courteous and helpful but the quality of the hotel itself was very disappointing. My room was very small, worn and tired. The hotel does use Frette linens but the sheets and towels in my room were very old, frayed and very dingy. My room was hot and uncomfortable. Opening the window helped with the temperature but significantly increased the noise level from the street traffic and trash trucks. The lighting in my room was very poor. Closet space was very limited and would not accommodate long coats or dresses. I had to hang the long items on the back of the closet door. The toilet /shower room was small with a heavily stained tile floor....Rust maybe .??? The shower curtain liner was too short and would not stay in the tub while showering which allowed water to get all over the floor. There was also a large window above the tub that was covered with a piece of shower curtain that would fly up and interfere with showering. There was no coffee pot in the room. A coffee pot was available upon request but housekeeping did not provide fresh coffee pods each day of my stay. The room did have a safe which was very nice. The food at the restaurant was very good but the service was poor at best. The wait staff constantly had to be reminded to bring all items ordered. Other members of the wedding party staying at this hotel had similar experiences and observations. I would not recommend staying here until significant improvements are made in the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Charmaine A, Revenue Coordinator at Hotel St. Francis, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Hotel St. Francis. We appreciate your feedback and I can assure you we are looking into all matters you spoke of. We pride ourselves on giving all of our guest one hundred percent guest satisfaction and when these kinds of issues happen, we take them very seriously. We hope in the future this never detours you from visiting our amazing historic property. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to the chance to show you what we are truly all about.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and for the most part, loved it. It was beautiful and charming. I had read reviews about the small rooms, and decided to try it anyway. The room was indeed small, but it didn't bother us until the morning when we were trying to get ready and there felt like there was no place to move around. We had to shuffle around the bed, sliding past each other. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely got warm in the room (top floor) despite it being cool outside, and therefore felt claustrophobic.

So, excellent customer service, beautiful hotel full of history and character, and definitely worth a stay, just don't be surprised by your teeny-tiny room.

Room Tip: Top floor gets warm in the sun, even on a cool day.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed over Thanksgiving and had a great value in a terrific historic hotel. The restaurant and chef are excellent. The bar is great and expands into the lobby. Location is right in heart of Santa Fe. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Concierge is expert and more than amazingly helpful. Overall, a great experience at a very good price. Highly recommend the St. Francis in Santa Fe

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

On a recent trip to Santa Fe I spent two nights and three day at the Hotel St. Francis. I arrived early, the room was ready (requiring no special request!) and the staff were quite warm and welcoming. The service and attention I received during my stay was excellent and always prompt, friendly and helpful. During my stay I ate several meals in their restaurant all of which were above average in every way. Here, again, the warmth and welcome was evident.

Since I was there on a business trip and am only a bit familiar with where things are I had to ask the Front Desk and Concierge many time for directions and recommendations. All of these requests were responded to with complete, in some cases, printed directions and all of their recommendations where great.

Given it's location, one block away fro the heart of Santa Fe, and the relaxed, welcoming atmosphere I can't imagine ever staying any other place in Santa Fe and whole heartedly recommend it to all who travel there.

Yes, the rooms are small. But really, how much time do you spend in a room when you are traveling? It's size was certainly adequate for my needs and it was spotless! The beds are large and very comfortable. I slept great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel St. Francis? Share your experiences!