“Wonderfully rustic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
Missouri City, Texas
“Wonderfully rustic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We found the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi very enjoyable. We stayed there for three nights in the wintertime, and we loved having a fireplace in our room. We walked to the Plaza from our hotel; we walked to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum from our hotel; and the restaurant inside the hotel is wonderful. It's a great location, and the staff was extremely helpful. We plan on going there again in the summertime. MoJo - Texas Travelers

Room Tip: We didn't have a "view room" -- our room looked out onto an alley way. I would also a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great hotel in the heart of the city. The service is absolutely amazing. Nothing was forgotten.
I wish that they had a spa in the hotel - but since they don't they offer in room massages - one of the best Massages I have ever had. She was amazing.
And sleeping to the fire going and blackout shades - was some of the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a 3-day weekend for my wife's birthday, and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The location is perfect - a half block from the Plaza. Our stay was on a "perfect 10" package, with a very reasonable rate and 10% off everything, plus free valet parking. The rooms (we had a standard room) was of average size but there were very nice amenities. What really makes the hotel is the service, however. Spot on without being fawning. We were made to feel truly welcome, and the staff did all they could to assist us. Throw in the nice touches - snacks in the "library," great turn-down service, excellent restaurant on site, and it was a particularly nice stay. I highly recommend it for a Santa Fe stay. A first class experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InnOfTheAnasazi, Managing Director at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our "Perfect Ten" package and that our staff was able to provide you excellent service. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just spent three nights at this lovely hotel. The service is fanastic and I have never met nicer nor more accomodating people.
The room was cozy, lovely decorated, and spotless. I also thought the location was ideal. What a happy memory!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Juan, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My lovely bride and I have just enjoyed three wonderful days and nights at this fantastic hotel. We were here to celebrate our anniversary and also get our share of western home life. We have found Santa Fe, New Mexico to very a wonderful city. This hotel was in a perfect location.

While staying here we enjoyed the bar, room service and the dining room. The rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable. Everything was perfect. We plan to stay here again when we return.

Room Tip: Perhaps all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
InnOfTheAnasazi, Managing Director at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the city of Santa Fe and your accomodations at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

In late October 2012 I enjoyed a great Sunday brunch in the Anasazi Restaurant & Bar while in New Mexico for business and shopping. I've been to the restaurant before for lunch, but this was my first stop for brunch. Fluffy muffins, well-seasoned scrambled eggs, plenty of pungent coffee, an attentive and polite waitstaff--and a "Black Cat" cocktail--all added up to a fine respite from walking the town. The restaurant was running several pre-Halloween drink specials; I chose the licorice-flavored Black Cat, and it made terrific cap-off to a delicious midday meal. Hats off to the restaurant staff and the bartender for providing an enjoyable restaurant experience! After brunch, as I headed out for more sight-seeing, that trio of classical musicians stationed on the corner of the Plaza seemed to sound better than ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

So the 500.00 Santa Fe question is answered. While there are some sweet touches to the hotel experience, having stayed at nearly every 5 and 4 star resort except this one (until now) none of what this place offers is worth the extra money. Not at this price point.. I have a feeling for the 1000.00 a night traveler its a fantastic place.. however for those of us whom are only Upper Middle Class.. trust me this hotel is a rip-off. My car was lost, the dinning room host on Christmas morning turned up his nose at my sweat shirt breakfast attire (it was 9am Christmas morning, and yes me and my pal were wearing crowns as well as sweat pants)... The room faced trash cans and a parking lot. The bathroom sink wouldn't drain, and the hardwood floors by the elevator were filthy and rutted. Look had it been a 200 dollar a night experience I would have said it was fine, but when other amazing hotels offer so much more for 500.00 a night or even 280 a night.. I'm gonna be picky. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT INN OF THE ANASAZI .. or its gonna be curtains for you.. I cant believe this is a Rosewood property, because Im usually super pleased with the chain.

Room Tip: Stay at the Loretto, La Fonda, or the Inn at the Alameda... even the St Francis is better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
InnOfTheAnasazi, Managing Director at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We highly value the experiences of our guests and I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations.

Please know that we are addressing the issues you have stated and I can assure that you will see many positive improvements during your next visit.

If you would like to discuss in detail your experience here at Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, please feel free to contact me directly at andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and wish you the very best.

Andrea Gates, Managing Director

Been to Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi? Share your experiences!